More well known: Alpha Trion or the Horrorcons

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Matt_M, Aug 30, 2016.

?

Who is more well known?

1. Alpha Trion

101 vote(s)
    89.4%
  2. Horrorcons

12 vote(s)
    10.6%
  1. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I voted Alpha Trion because I remember a lot about him from what his voice sounded like to his robot beard. Besides, the only Horrorcon I can remember when I hear the name of the group is Apeface.

2. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Alpha Trion.
    I love Snapdragon, and Apeface a little less, but they're not super memorable.

However, thanks to Headmasters, their scream of "Transform Dash!" does help me remember them a little quicker :lol 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQLtv6Ar78

3. BVG573

BVG573 Member

Alpha Trion. But then again he stands out in my mind because of my love for robot lions.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A3

5. Veritas Prime

Veritas Prime You're Not Alone

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion. But they should have done Horrorcons over Alpha Trion in the TR line regardless. To fans it's (mostly) all the same and the average kid isn't going to recognize either one. The TR Alpha Trion doesn't even do a good job of representing Alpha Trion and outside of the color it looks nothing like him.

The obscurity argument is also pretty void anyway considering they're doing Triggerhappy and Monsterbots of all things instead of more original headmasters.

7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    You just have to slide in a little insult to IDW whenever you can, like a big baby that has to put down the things that other people like that they don't because what you like is totally the coolest and what everyone else likes sucks! You come across as so annoyingly Geewun that it actually is difficult taking anything you say seriously, even when the rest of your post is decent points.

But to the matter at hand, the answer is pretty obviously Alpha Trion. Alpha Trion appeared as a major character in a number of G1 episodes, which actually makes him far more central to the cartoon then a ton of characters that actually got toys, the Horrorcons included, and that exposure has continued on in many, many continuities from main appearances to cameos including Prime, Animated, the various Japanese universe and IDW. He's even had releases in other officially licensed toylines such as Gokin. The Horrorcons have consistently been background characters, to argue that they are more well known then Trion is simply incorrect.

8. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Of course there are twelve people picking the Horrorcons-- I don't even remember who the Horrorcons are supposed to be. Apeface and Snapdragon I think? Even then I can't begin to tell you their histories or what their personalities are like. In fact I think all of their major appearances were in group shots.

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Terrorcons is all I think of when I hear Horrorcons.

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Will you revel in your ignorance or enjoy learning about something new?

Anyway, look who's jealous of Doublecross getting a new Titan Master toy before them...

[​IMG]
    I don't think they're shaking his hands in congratulations.

And this pic is just hilarious to me.
    [​IMG]
    The Decepticons look like they are squatting. I think they're supposed to be sitting on the floor, but it doesn't look like they are doing. Well, Snapdragon is, but Galvatron and Apeface sure aren't.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

But apart from Roberts and Roche IDW is crap.
    They keep throwing the same crap characters in our faces like Alpha Trion, Rattrap and Arcee. They've ruined Prowl, Thundercracker and Sunstreaker and keep focusing on human characters no one wants.
    Plus they keep shoving Windblade in our faces.

On topic I never heard of Alpha Trion growing up thankfully. He's everything that's wrong with this franchise to me.

From his horrible cliché character to his hideously goofy design. Facial hair and glasses? Really? I've never understood the high regard fans seem to hold season 2 of G1 in. Even as a kid I'd have thought it was childish.

The Horrorcons consider have been criminally underused over the years especially Snapdragon who was one of my first Transformers.
    I thought Apeface had a line or two in Rebirth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    He's only been a lion this past year. Was he completely forgettable before his new toy was shown?

On the contrary, those three have never been written so good before, especially Prowl. He may have gone full on chessmaster mode for (his own) greater good, but Transformers needs one of those characters. And to think it was all because Furman made Prowl a jerk to Grimlock at the end of the Marvel comics that started it. Prowl's 80s cartoon personality doesn't stand out in any way so he's forgettable.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

IDW made people care about Prowl. Because before now, he was known for two things: Being a foil for Grimlock in the Marvel comics, and being shot and dying horribly in the movie

I'm not sure how this is 'ruining'?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I know its an unpopular view, but i can't help agreeing with a lot of this.

15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    But then i cant help agreeing to this too.

16. Gerth

Gerth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're sitting on invisible chairs.

17. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Alpha Trion, obvz.
    I knew there was a Horrorcon sub-group, but I thought it was made up of Fangry, Horri-Bull, and Squeezeplay. I knew of Apeface, but I didn't even know what Snapdragon looked like until people started talking about them in various Titans Return related discussions.