Heavy/Scratch: More upgrades for Fansproject Superion (shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chroma23, Mar 26, 2014.

?

Should I also pursue a full upgrade for Energon Constructicon/Devastator Maximus?

1. yes

115 vote(s)
    85.8%
  2. no

19 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. chroma23

chroma23 Well-Known Douchebag

Facebook:
    more pics updated on page 1

including a new arm cannon part. yay or nay?

actually it went maybe 1mm too high lol.....the final version will be a tad shorter but ya it will cover the length of the bulk

as for the outer side of the thigh......sorry but i dont think i will tackle that section coz all my other parts are very close to final and it will just add to the cost and this whole kit is getting quite pricey (but thank god for volume/density discounts)

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Looks like the neck peg is just on a peg. Would it be possible to have ball jointed neck? Still looks good. ;) 

3. chroma23

Facebook:
    as much as i wanted to, i still cant fully trust shapeways' accuracy (or rather, consistency) on structural ball joint fittings for polished plastics (which is probably what i will offer the kit as, WSF polished). the amount of stuff gets polished off is different for every order. if they shave off too much from the "ball", you will end up with a head that will not hold up or attach to the body at all (and nail polish doesnt seem to stick to shapeways plastics well either, doesnt dry well and looks slimy)

pegs and peg holes have been okay, ball joints not so much

therefore, im not taking my chances this time, sorry. especially with everything else working close to final

oh btw, thx for posting my stuff on your fb page; didnt notice until recently...

4. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the arm pieces. It ties the arms in to the figures just that much more. :) 

5. ConnorT

ConnorT I have too much...

:p  :drool:  Looks FANTASTIC! Cannot wait to order a set! You have, without a doubt, created the perfect upgrade set for this particular group of molds!

6. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Love the cannons.

When you talked about weapons, I feared it would just be large/cumbersome extra parts. Making the pile of parts that much bigger outside of the combined mode.

Instead, these pull together the original parts to make something cool. Making use of the clutter instead of adding to it.

Nice job man. Can't wait to see this stuff for sale.

7. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok... can someone like Xtransbots look at this and offer to mass produce? >_<

The only thing that bugs me about this though, would be that to make such an astoundingly good Energon-Scaled Superion... you wind up having THREE whole kits to fix up the figure. Makes me wish that MT or some even FP revisit Superion in this scale...

8. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Amen to that. However, even as a Shapeways kit, it looks awesome. Hope the final price isn't too high.

9. chroma23

Facebook:
    all adjustments/revisions done, just sent my next round of test prints to shapeways. hopefully this will be the last revision, we shall see in 2-3 weeks time :bowdown: 

10. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

In the meantime, could you please update a couple of pics of the fully upgraded figure sporting the faceplate version? Thanks in advance!

11. chroma23

Facebook:
    updated first post, i cranked down the contrast on the new pics so u can see the faceplate abit better

12. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

Thank you!

13. Swaldem

Swaldem Well-Known Member

can't wait for this set sir

14. chroma23

Facebook:
    echotf vs chromahands! lol

actually, finally got boosticus last night. im slow at getting shipments since i am not the early adopter type of person......(which also explains why i never make new and trending stuff)

height-wise and bulk-wise, echotf wins

15. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

Anxiously waiting!
    What markers did you use for all parts? As soon as your kit is available I'll be wanting to buy them so they can both come in close together. Thanks!
    Looks sooo damn good!

16. chroma23

Facebook:
    for the photos i use black sharpie pens for broadstroke black painting, and gundam markers for all other colors (gold, silver, gundam red, metalic gundam blue).

i DO NOT recommend using sharpies because they leave a disgusting smell especially for painting big objects like the gun extension piece but i guess its okay for smaller items like the helmet.

gundam markers however are awesome and dries really fast but for metallic paint you may want to apply a few coats/passes. for the more bland colors like red one pass should be enough provided that you did not miss any spots

for blacks, especially the gun, its best that you dye it with RIT dye, or black gundam marker.

but a fair warning, the markers suck at reaching grooves

17. Deathhowl

Deathhowl Well-Known Member

Havent been keeping up with this for a while. Life has been a bitch lately. U dont dissappoint chroma. Im Very impressed with what u have. Keep up the good work, i excitedly await ur next update.

18. Lupine Maximus

Lupine Maximus Decepticon Powermaster

I was thinking... Is there a chance to make new hands for the add on? I'm just suggesting this as a possible 'what if' idea.

19. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The only way to do it properly is to strip the whole piece down to bare plastic and repaint from sratch, I also sanded down the Autobot logo and stuck a Reprolable over the top.

[​IMG]
    image by dannythejedi, on Flickr

20. chroma23

Facebook:
    U may want to read a few pages up, as someone has suggested alternate hands that r already available on shapeways