More than Meets the Eyes #14 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    FUCK! Shit is about to hit the fan guys!

Overlord is a glorious bastard! I must get a repaint of Blitzwing into Overlord!

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I particularly like that Overlord's rampage is evidently going to be an explosive done-in-one issue and not some mega-epic.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Where do you get that idea?

4. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Future solicitations

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think issue 16 already deals with the aftermath of the battle, so it probably only takes up one issue. One glorious issue.

Real good issue. A lot of mysteries finally get answers. Nice to see the connection between RID and MTMTE , even if it's not that important to the plot.

So...
    how about that green shimmer thing? It was found at the same time as Overlord was born, and both are said to be the 0.1 %...does Overlord have some kind of superspark, is that what the green shimmer is? The rest of the issue implies what makes him, and the other phase sixers, special, is the metal augmentation process, kind of like Wolverine and his adamantium. Was that metal made from the green orb? Is it something else entirely? Is the green orb a piece of spark from Mortilus, the deathbringer?......

6. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I've been looking for a good new name for Beast Hunters Predaking, and I think "Heretech" just took the prize. Goddamn what a great name that is.

Excellent, excellent issue. I re-read LSOTW last night to get ready, and if you have it on hand, you might want to do the same. You don't need to re-read it, but I think it helped.

7. prime78

prime78 Well-Known Member

I really want to see overlord vs Megatron but more likely will be him meeting up with the djd atleast we can see how strong they are and the look on there faces when he has no off switch

8. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

I thought it was the chunk of ununtrium they used to fuse with him.

9. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    But like Wolverine having a healing factor, Megatron says the only reason Overlord can survive the augmentation process is because he is already a point-one percenter. I mean, the issue is clearly LEADING us to think that the thing found on the moon is Overlord's spark (both 4.2 myo, both 0.1 percenters, Overlord said to be "born on the moon"), but I'm not putting misdirection past Roberts at all on this one.

10. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    Poor Tumbles.
    Thanks to Robert's Cronal Inhibitor I can enjoy half an hour of reading each issue of MTMTE when TF comics used to only take five minutes, cover to cover.

11. kristaldoodle

kristaldoodle Nutbar

Ahaha ohgod, just re-read it and if you remove the context on what happens in a part of this issue....it gets reaaal awkward.
    (spoilered because I care)

“Okay-now push! Push! Keep pushing…and…we’re good! Life signs are holding steady. He’s gonna be fine”

“Congratulations Megatron- It’s a Superwarrior”

-something harbl happens to Rossum-

“He takes it after me”

12. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

I think that the green shimmer thing is Overlords spark.

13. Digilaut

News Credits:
    You're right, both on all those things adding up (I already forgot the mention of born on the moon, whoops), but also on Roberts using misdirection. :) 

So, how come
    on really rare occassions powerful sparks are found in the ground? And why did exposure to the first green flash mean the miners who found it only get six hours to live - it can't be a cover up thing, and them getting killed. If that was the case Momus would have been killed as well.

Again, could it be a part of Mortilus' spark - the original Transformer god representing death?
    Or maybe it's a seed from one of Unicron's sides - Harbinger? Tying into the theory that, just like in Roberts' Eugenesis, Unicron will be split up in five parts as well..and the theory that Luna-1 might have been Unicron (Unicron seeding Luna-2 with 'bad' sparks)?

Just reaching here...

Interesting mystery!

I think that scene was intentionally written as a twisted version of giving birth. It's kind of sick. In a good way.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  14. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Um...wow.

15. AdyCarter

To further the Green Spark/Green Flash of death mystery didn't someone have Green inner energon recently?

Considering the other moon was (allegedly) lost as a result of Mortilus' death and how he was the deathbringer, perhaps the green sparks are indeed fragments of him and they too bring death upon their exposure?

16. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Which would also semi-explain the reason why Overlord is such a nasty piece of work who enjoys torturing and killing his victims in extreme ways.
    He's Death personified.

17. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    *checks watch* Boy, it did NOT take long to get to "fuckmad conspiracy theory" level on this one.

18. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Loved the issue, I'm kind of sad that they
    Explain Prowl's brainwashing in RID. I was hoping against hope that the brain control was just a cover up by Prowl and the Decepticons in case things went sour with their revolt. Then Prowl could be welcomed back to the Autobots since it wasn't his fault, but he'd be working with the Decepticons still. I just wish they kept his choice to side with the Decepticons natural, it feels natural. Plots within Plots, oh well.
    Oh well, enough about that, really really Amazing episode, so excited to see what happens next!

19. AdyCarter

MTMTE and RID lend themselves to it so easily, the eventually explanations are always much more obvious and sane than most theories, but they are fun nonetheless.

I'm sure the writers get a good chuckle at our mental theories at any rate.

FWIW Im still certain the book "An Inspector Calls" is sitting on clues for this story.

20. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cool issue, not all the revelations were a surprise, but very well told and suitably intriguing. Roberts doesn't need more than one issue for the upcoming carnage, this is after all a man who can cram 4 issues worth of story into a single monthly hit - if it were any more like the efficiency of Fisitrons datalogs it'd be poetic :)