More Than Meets The Eye Issue 5 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Airspeed, May 23, 2012.

1. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did not see a thread for this and it is out today.

I got the Nick Roche cover with "Teacher Magnus"

Really good issue once again. I absolutely loved the issue title placement in the issue, I seriously laughed out loud when I read that.

Excellent characterisation once again, no Swerve though.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I have to wait until next week to get it. It's going to be a long, long week.

3. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Waiting for it to go up on Comixology.

Any good spoilers?

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Holy crap that was a good issue!

Ratchet battles Pharma, and because he transformed, is slowly succumbing to the effects of the Rust. He also infects Pharma, who also reveals he has an antidote and that he has been working with the DJD, giving transformation cogs in return for leaving them alone. Apparently their leader who's addicted to transforming is burning through his regularly, so he needs a continous supply. That's why so many patients have been dying. He's actually letting them die and then salvaging their cogs. When that wasn't enough, he couldn't risk revealing his actions, so he engineered the virus and used that as a reason to quarantine Delphi (The details as to how he did it is a story onto itself, brilliant idea). After a short battle, they end up outside the facilities roof. There, Pharma falls over and hangs by the ledge while also losing the antidote to Ratchet's light avatar. Ratchet tells him he can risk activating the virus by transforming or hope he can survive the fall, as he turns his back on him. Pharma's almost about to shoot Ratchet when a wounded Drift comes out of nowhere and cuts off his hands and he falls over. Ratchet applies the antidote and brings the survivors along with him to the Lost Light. On the ship, I (think) it is revealed Ratchet informs First Aid he plans to make him Chief Medical Officer one day and that Ratchet salvaged Pharma's hands and used them to replace his own, which were slowly breaking down.
    There's also a short bit on Red Alert and Ultra Magnus/Tailgate, but I'll get to that later. :) 

Again great, great issue. I'm going to read it again to see if I missed anything :D 

5. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Purchasing now, but waiting until I get home to read it on the iPad.

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So, I take it that Fort Max, Ambulon, First Aid, Backstreet, and Pipes are on the ship now?

7. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was a good issue, great suspence and twists, a neat call back, and a great last panel.

-ZacWilliam, wishes the other Protectobots were on the Lost Light. The Autobots could really use a gestalt or two...

8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So I was correct on my guess as for who's on the ship now?

9. Star Saber

News Credits:
    They don't show Backstreet, though I presume they saved him as well. You can see Fort Max, First Aid, Ambulon in the panel though, alongside Pipes, Ratchet and Drift.

That was a great panel! Perfect time to drop the title of the issue during that point too! Great end to this story arc. Can't wait to see the repercussions with the DJD after this!

10. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FA, Pipes, Drift, Ratchet, Fort Max, and Ambulon are seen on the shuttle back. Given that all the Doctors were leaving I'd guess the patients like Backstreet are loaded in the ship too.

11. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Ok just read the parts with Ultra Magnus/Tailgate and Red Alert/Rung. Wow, Roberts is apparently already setting the stage for his next set of subplots.
    During the course of Ultra Magnus' "tutorial" as to what it means/requires to be an Autobot, Tailgate discovers that a 1984 section in the Tyrest Accord discusses "Thought Warfare". What that is, we'll have to wait, but it looks like it might be connected to the 1984 chanting robots who attacked Skids. In the other subplot, Red Alert reveals his paranoia has made him improve his audio receptors so that he can hear more or less everything that is going on in the ship. He reveals he suspected having auditory hallucinations and tries to make sure he heard what he did and records it. He plays it in frong of Rung who realizes it's a voice, and after tweaking the recording - a voice that constantly repeats "ME KILL...ME KILL...ME KILL..." (I wonder if that's actually Grimlock? I doubt though.)

12. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Another awesome issue, just keeps getting better and better. Now the long agonizing wait for issue 6 begins....................

13. DrawerDemon

DrawerDemon DOOOOOM!!

Great issue!

-Nice to see First Aid get some vindication.

-Even with his IDW design, Fort Max can still fit a Head into that shoulder-hatch. Creepy. I'm SO betting on an Overlord rematch somewhere down the line.

-I like that it's Ratchet-centric and in the snow. Like old Marvel and all.

-I'm ALMOST hoping we never see the DJD in person (a la JAWS). They've already cast a long shadow.

-Ultra Magnus can deal with it. For hours.

Can't wait for more on Skids, "1984, and the "message from the future" that nobody heard is burning a hole in my brain!

14. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeing how the neutrals were you know keeping a spark eater onboard which they left on the ship when they sold it
    the ship might be a freaking transformer ala Omega from Animated.
    , which they forgot to mention.

15. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the Last Stand references. The first page opening up the way issue 5 of LSOTW did. Enjoyed the conversation between First Aid and Ratchet at the end too about how they wished they could've saved Ironfist.

*swoon* I love MTMTE.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    best issue from MTMTE and beats all of RID, gotta say i'm LOVING these. so glad now is when i picked to get into the comics. absolutely incredible.

17. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Awesome awesome issue. That's gotta be one of the most fantastic endings to an arc I've ever read. The Snowgate (haha I just made that up now) only lasted two issues right? So jam packed with awesome.

Loved the LSoTW throwbacks too, and Magnus was funny as hell. Bro loves his Tyrest Accord subsections. I really liked the more somber Drift... maybe he'll go back to being a little more stoic instead of goofy yoga enlightened?

Maybe it's just me, but why does Red Alert look so radically different between now and when he was first treated by Rung?

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    because one is based on his "earth" mode, the other his cybertronian. Plus a paranoid guy changing his appearance all the time makes sense-and everyone changes alot.

and Tyrest Accord appeared everywhere in his office-i laughed every time i found one

Also
    "Me Kill" or
    "Kill Me"?

19. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Absolutely brilliant, loved every single panel. This series just keeps getting better, soon it's awesomeness will rule the world!

20. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Spot and Streetwise are on Cybertron. Goodbye Defensor. But I don't miss you because First Aid is damn good!
    (Barber should learn how to treat combiner components as individuals. Why did you killed off Constructicons with single click?)

Loved this issue. Even though I'm spoiled that
    Pharma is bad guy
    , it was still thrilling issue.
    Since First Aid is chief medical officer now, is it end of Ratchet's story arc?