More Than Meets the Eye #9 SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kraken, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Another fantastic issue! Loved the bits with unseen Roller and Prowl, being famous for throwing tables when he's angry.;) 

I'm thinking (a very long stretch), what if Red Alert in all his paranoia actually switched bodies (since the Relinquishment clinic was explained) before meeting his untimely end? In one way, it's a form of shadow play, the old switcheroo, where again things are not as they seem...

2. Hired Goons

Hired Goons Gassy autobot.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is my favorite comic. Swerve is the awesome-nest.

Who killed
    Red Alert
    ?

My money's on
    Overlord.
    And if it's not him, I can't imagine that
    his presence won't be discussed or shown soon, and it is discovered that Prowl had Overlord tied to the ship. Unless Ultra Magnus put him there. WHO PUT OVERLORD THERE?

I also don't think
    Red Alert
    is dead. I don't think these are gonna stick like they did in Last STand Of The Wreckers, and especially if Rung is possibly recovering.

-Paul#3

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ohhh, Ratchet saving Drifts life after being beaten up by Sonic and Boom in Rodion was mentioned all the way back in Issue 5, just after Fort Max tears Sonic and Boom to shreds. Which, I actually found a bit corny. Those self same never before heard of bots just happening to be there and now.

Also in issue 5, Tailgate is a graduate of the Ibex school of Epistemology. The first sort of mention of any of the guiding Hand apart from Primus. EDIT: No, I'm stoopid, it's the first mention of Epistemus, but if course Adaptus had several mentions before this.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I thought that was the point, that all these lives were interlaced at one point. Sonic and Boom eventually went to Delphi, caused the bing bang, which promted Ratchet and co. to investigate which then brought back Fort Max who proceeded to take Rung hostage which led to him getting shot.

It's weird how everything intertwines.

Part of me wants to say Mortillus (sp? lol) has been mentioned before, too. Like off-handedly.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    ^ Mortilus was mentioned in Chaos Theory when Orion and Springarm were chatting about religion.

6. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, of course, you're right. I was only looking at a small part of the bigger picture. Makes perfect sense now you say it. (I did say I was being stoopid!)

Must go back and re-read CT, especially since Shadowplay is almost a direct sequel to it.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Epistemology is a real word. So at best it's a vague reference (the name is clearly from the word).

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    and, for those wondering, Epistemology basically means "The Study of Knowledge"

9. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Although, in-universe, the name would precede the word, (hailing from the dawn of time and all) so it could technically be named after the person.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I think my favourite part of this whole issue was Rewind hiding Rung behind the bar......he hid a brain dead guy...behind a bar.

In any other context this would probably be in poor taste but for some reason here its hysterically funny. Plus his very earnest declaration "We're gonna fix Rung's brain!" softens the weirdness of it.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Yeah Rewinds a good fellow something sweet about the way he did that. Hopefully they can find Rung's Zero point.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, it sort of goes both ways, and the slightly corny names of the Guiding Hand can sort of be brushed off by acknowledging that none of these characters are speaking English anyway. So "Epistimus" or "Adaptus" are just approximations of what their names would be in an alien robot language. In this case, the Cybertronian words for "study of knowledge" or "changing to suit your circumstances" might derive directly from the names of their gods, the same way many of our words come from latin or greek roots (sometimes referring to divine figures).

zmog

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Why the spoiler tags in a topic thats specified there would be spoilers? Nobody should be reading this topic if they don't want to get spoiled. Everyone here has already read the issue.

Anyway, I say Red Alert is dead and that Overlord is still tied up. Nor will it be Cyclonus. I imagine there will be clues in the story so far as to who killed Red Alert but we will only be able to recognise them and piece them together once we've seen the reveal.

Prowl's a jerk but they won't have him putting Overlord on a ship full of deserters then blow it up. And Ultra Magnus wouldn't endanger others lives like that even if Overlord is incapacitated.

Its this kind of mystery that makes MTMTE the best of the three current Transformers comics.

14. SMOG

Trust me, that has already been a whole thing. I totally agree, it makes no sense, and the spoiler blocks are annoying as hell... but for the first WEEK of a release, we're supposed to use them out of consideration for the mods who have to be here even if they haven't been able to read the issue yet, and weirdos who apparently want to talk about comics they haven't read yet, but remain "unspoiled".

Agreed on both counts. There's something else going on. I like the fact that there's SO MUCH going on, and we don't even know if it's all connected. There could be several mysteries at this point... I love it. Roberts is doing a very good juggling act with this series. So much character development, so much world-building, so much humour, so much sadness, AND more mysteries than you can shake a shanix at... it's amazing how full each month feels.

zmog

15. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Few points:

1.) "Totally Epic Story of things that Definitely Happened!" Best! Subtitle! Ever!

2.) Okay, I'll bite,,, what was Chromedome's "other" name?

3.) I didn't get Rewind's table-flip fail the first time. derp.

16. SMOG

Yeah, that one has me scratching my head too. Unless it's "Gort" or something. Which wouldn't be terribly exciting.

zmog

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Chromedome's Italian name is Duobot.

Chromedome (G1) - Transformers Wiki

And Duobot in MTMTE is the sub-group for Shock and Awe.

But I'm probably reading too much into that.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why not Stylor?

19. SMOG

Because I always get the partners for those two mixed up, that's why. :dunce 

zmog

20. gregles

gregles quintesson

just reread it again and was looking at those too two bots who were debating how to torture pre-war drift when he was overdosing, they both had some similar chest marking and details and one of them has similar colouring to tarn of the decepticon justice division, could he be pre-war tarn? I know it could be way off and maybe a bit too convenient for him to be shown now but he was debating how to torture somebody. My apologies if somebody has already pointed this out as I haven't read this whole thread.