More Than Meets the Eye #9 SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kraken, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Not as far as I'm aware thus far. I do wonder if the name Proteus has been chosen for a specific reason?

2. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Proteus in myth was a shape changer.

Son of Poseidon IIRC but his big thing was being changeable (Which is why Protean now means changeable.)

-ZacWilliam, likely just chosen because he's a shape changer, though I think there's a small chance there is more to it than that.

3. Nope

Nope board man gets paid

News Credits:
    Very good issue, as always.

Only one problem, though:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOD NOOOOOOOO WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL RED ALERT

I knew it was coming, but still...:cry 

Let's just hope that they pull a Rung and bring him back, lol.

4. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's probably the number of robots killed by the Cons.

Edit: Does anyone notice that Drift actually gets some of Ratchet's new paintjob on his mouth when Ratchet tries to silence him?

5. tull

tull Thrillhouse

Ebay:
    I have this sinking feeling that Drift is going to be the serial killer. All the circuit boosters he's been injecting might have had some sort of Jekyll-and-Hyde effect on him?

6. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Nahh. I'll bet it's Skids. And it'll be tied to why he FORCED amnesia upon himself.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think it's Cyclonus. Or Drift. Or Skids.

If there's one thing I suspect Skids of it's of being from the future. After being taken by those 1984 bots he finds a way to travel back in time, hence the temporary amnesia.

No wait, scratch that. He's totally a bot whose body was used by the Institute: the big memory gap? Somebody else was using his body all this time!

....Ok, maybe I got nothing on Skids :( 

As for the killer...I don't want to jump to conclusions. Who says it was a 'person' that did it? And if it was, who says it was somebody we have met before? I like to know why Rodimus instantly thinks of Cyclonus though.

8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    indeed. Cyclonus has done Zilch since coming aboard to lead to that assumption as best I can tell.

9. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

AWWWW YEAAAHH roberts fails to disappoint, oh yeah and would it be okay to post spoilers? I mean it says spoilers on the page so... ah well i would rather not have someone blame me for spoiling them

Okay first off, sniff poor red... but I must admit I hope he actually stays dead, we already got the idea that transformers are hard to kill so I am not sure I am fond of Rung coming back just for red alert to be put into a coma as well.

The serial killer really could be anyone, but I have the feeling that it could be whirl, well if its anybody then it is most likely him. unless thats what he wants us to think... hmmm.

And as much as I am annoyed with the fan girls on tumblr... I have to admit the scenes with ratchet and drift are amazing... also its adorable how rung clings onto his model ship while unconcious.

10. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow Rodimus is jumping the gun I think. Loved Rewind showing how Prowl acts when mad LOL. And Skids reaction to Prowl not being developed.

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's hoping Roller is drawn like Breacher.

As for everything else...aside from general raving about the quality, hard to say till rest of story concludes.

12. Kraken

News Credits:
    There's still 200 bots on board, who says that
    Red Alerts killer, if indeed he was killed and didn't top himself, is one of the inner circle?

I keep going back to the bits with Drift and Ratchet, not only was Drift putting words into Ratchet's mouth hilarious, but I really do think that Ratchet saw something in him way back then. Their relationship is fast becoming the highlight of the book for me. It's so much deeper than just opposing theological viewpoints, there's a real lot of history behind them.

13. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it seems that Rung effectively has to come back now, the he is going to start talking when Rewind turns the narration to Rung, or maybe Rung will pipe up something like "that's not how it happened!"

In fact i wonder if Rewind will bring it to the point of those guys throwing Rung into Impactor and Megatrons table?-- am i remembering that right, all my issues are in storage save the last month. and thats when rung will wake up to remember Red alerts data slug and finger the killer or something..

that being said, maybe Rung will never actually recover, but i highly doubt it, the whole plot arc is directly centered around jogging his higher brain functions out of flatline, and im pretty sure Roberts has a good grasp on how well-loved rung is by the fanbase.

Red alert on the other hand. sad to say i dont think he's coming back. i really like him, but i think hes gone.

though- he wasnt on the necrobots list- not that that means red alert is safe at all, maybe he just dies before hound....

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THE KILLER IS THE ONE YOU LEAST EXPECT!

(drum roll please)

[​IMG]

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    God, I literally said out loud a sorrowful "nooo" when I got to the end of the issue. I didn't want it to be over yet!

I LOVE the world building going on. Granted I prefer the librarian Orion Pax to a supercop, but I'll go along with it to see what they do.

16. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMG Yes!!

Seriously, we better see Roller before this story ends, or else it will have been an enormous tease.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Unless Roller is like Maris on Frasier, in that you never actually see the character and yet she's spoken of very frequently.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Amazing book. Simply amazing.

19. Kraken

News Credits:
    Yep, that's what I reckon. He's going to be completely off camera.

20. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    and whoever he is, he is also aware of Chromedomes "Talent" and made sure there was no way ole 'Domey' could check his memories.