More Than Meets The Eye #8 Discussion SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    Issue came out today, so I figured we were due for a new thread.

Poor Flywheels. At least his buddies made it out (and hopefully this isn't the last we'll see of them). Although the ending seems a bit odd. Wasn't Misfire the one who was looking for the Necrobot last issue?

2. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

*Spoilers*

I love these Decepticons. Their personalities are excellent. Yeah, I'll miss Flywheels too. I had a giddy-school-girl moment when Grimlock popped up and smashed face. Also, I'm liking the change to Grimlock. Now, we have to wait and see if he can't speak AND he's stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2012
  3. kristaldoodle

kristaldoodle Nutbar

spoilleerrrssss ahoooyyy

I liked this issue! But saddened that I gotta wait for next month to see the LL crew and the scavengers shenanigans.

but
    AHHH AHHHH JESUS VOS YOUR FACE OHGOD

I was talking on Tumblr with my buddies (sue me) and i've noticed something.

there was a mention last issue about a bot who collects every dead cybertronian's name and archives it, after he put down Flywheels you see some...familiar names. Ultra Magnus,Drift,Dipstick and Chromedome. I know the annual is coming out but NO NO NO I AM NOT PREPARED FOR THIS ROBERTS ;_;

This comic series is giving me extreme feelings.

4. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

If everyone on
    the Necrobot's list is indeed dead in 18 months time it's gonna be one hell of a battle, and poor Hound, dead before really doing anything in IDW-verse!!!!

The months between issues are always the longest...

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What happened to grimlock?

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    What happened to ME?! I mean, Torque. (gotta wait a bit on this one... sigh)

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that was a god damn relief. Lots of action this issue, not exactly my kind of issue, but I'm glad that we got Fulcrum's whole story, I'm glad about the survivors of the fight didn't really care for Flywheels much and I'm very interested in what they will do with Grimlock now.

And yes the last page is self-shitting cliffhangerific.

8. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    "WEAR... MY... FACE."
    Oh man, wow. This issue certainly didn't disappoint.
    Loved the D.J.D vs. the Scavengers, I couldn't help but laugh at how absurdly horrific everything the D.J.D do is.
    Fulcrum's terrified expression when Vos makes Krok "wear" his face, then Misfire accidentally shooting Krok is hilarious and perfectly shows what a clusterfuck of a situation they've gotten themselves into.
    Crankcase comes up with the best names ever "MIGHTY MEGA PUNCHER!".
    I'm liking the impassioned speech from Fulcrum, same with Crankcase's "That badge belongs to us, not them" I love how Roberts has written these guys (and everyone else as well really).
    Poor Flywheels, glad the rest of them made it out though, can't wait to see more from them, especially if they have a run in with the Lost Light.
    Speaking of which, looks like it won't be long before we get a showdown between the LL and the D.J.D.
    I can't say I'm looking forward to seeing what leads Chromdome, Drift and Ultra Magnus being on the Necrobot's list, though. Hell, knowing Roberts we'll all be saying the same about Hound and Dipstick by the time their time comes. Now I'm gonna be dreading each new issue as well, haha
    Poor Grimlock too. I wonder if his brain-damage is a result of his going insane at Garrus-9 or something after?
    Absolutely loved this issue, and the next is a follow up-to Chaos Theory! Hellz yes!

He's basically brain-dead. The Scavengers used him as a trap for the DJD thinking that was who they were after, he got the upper-hand on The DJD for about 10 seconds then got tired and got his ass handed to him. After everything goes down he barely manages to utter "Me... Grimlock", the Scavengers decide to take him with them, figuring they can hedge their bets with him on Cybertron depending who won the war

9. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    wait, did I miss the Annual? They reference it....

10. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All around great issue I loved the movie night pannel and I personally think of all the deaths on the Necrobot's notepad thingy, Dipstick's was the most surprising in that we actually see him again and that he might actually do something the others were also surprising mind you but Dipstick's was the most interesting in my opinion. Glad to see most of the scavengers survive though.

11. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess Dipstick joined Xaaron aboard the Lost Light.

12. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    No, they're just teasing it. It comes out on September 5, which is the same day that RiD #9 and RG1 #83 come out.

13. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    ahh

14. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    That last page?!? That's just fucking mean!

15. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Highlight for me was was "wear my face". That was just crazy.

16. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

"Give me your fa... y'know what, keep it."

17. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've added "spoilers" to the thread title.

But, just to be considerate to your fellow posters, please use spoiler tags for AT LEAST the next two days.

thanks guys. This is a great series for everyone so try not to ruin it for others :) 

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    That was great. Just great. Shame
    I'm dead,
    though i found it amusing that Torque had Ultra Magnus painted on his exterior, like he was aiming for him. Drat,
    I died in vain!

and poor poor
    Flywheels
    though of the Scavengers, I'd probably miss him the least.

19. inomuiro

inomuiro Well-Known Member

Well
    I'm sorry for Flywheels BUT I'M SO FREAKIN' GLAD EVERYBODY ELSE MADE IT OUT ALIVE!!

After the theory about Fulcrum turning into a bomb was mentioned in the preview thread (congrats to those who figured it out!) I was sure he would've tried to blow himself up to help the others. I wasn't expecting him to survive this time too, but I'm quite happy he did!

LOVED the issue, and especially enjoyed the b-movie style over the top action ("wear my face"... oh my god XD ) balancing out with the more serious and intense parts (
    Fulcrum accusing all the 'Cons who turned the war into an excuse to massacre and destroy, Skids and Chromedome talking about the meaning and importance of memories...
    ).

Also, didn't the part when
    the Scavengers looted Flywheels's body for parts remind you of what happens in your roleplay sessions when someone's character dies? XD it surely did for me!

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Okay, now that was done. Best bit of Decepticon-centric fiction I've ever read. So when are we going to address the Elephent in the room, or rather the monster in the basement?