More Than Meets the Eye #28 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Abrogate, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

That would be hi-larious. Especially up until Megatron gets fed up with it and shouts at them to knock it off.

There's probably some kind of major caveat attached to Megatron's continued survival. Something meant to help 'prove' he means what he's said about not wanting to be the big bad Megatron everyone's know him as over the past few millennium. The kind of thing where if Megatron were successfully provoked it could mean his current situation is rendered null and void and he becomes instantly eligible for execution.

2. Meister5

Meister5 Lost Light-er

News Credits:
    This. I wonder if his comment to Rung that he's off to refuel "if you can call it that" means he's agreed to some sort of limitation on his ability to recharge, something that makes him less of a threat power-wise.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So, who is Whirl working for?

4. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

That sounds like something a crazy person would say, son. Don't be a crazy person.

5. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

I still like her, just not quite as much as much as I did before I read this issue.

6. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Also seen on the cover for #31. Megatron with guns looks very odd!

I didn't think Megatron's encounter with Whirl was that big a deal. Whirl may be building it up, but I reckon Megatron got over it a long time ago. I'm not even convinced what he tells Whirl is true.

I love the contrast in leaderships styles incidentally. Megatron is hands on, reads people perfectly, knows everyone's name, encourages others to come to their own conclusions. Rodimus sits in his room and doodles until something interesting happens or someone forces him to make a speech.

7. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

Makes sense, considering how long the Decepticons managed to work as an effective organization under his leadership.

Just imagine what he could have done had he been good all along.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, that's very true, and amazing considering they supposedly all hate him.

Welcome to TFW by the way.

9. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Impactor or Starscream.

10. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That was my reading as well, but then, as mentioned in the post, I'm still thinking that, frankly, no one is really going to care if Whirl get's beaten up. He's no innocent and seems universally disliked by the Autobots.

I totally agree that there's some condition to Megatron's 'freedom' that can be undone by some act on his part. I'm just not sure sure what Whirl really was trying to provoke. What is it that Megatron's supposed to "bite"?

11. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I still don´t get it why people are up in arms by Megatron becoming a attoner. I wonder if DBZ fans had this sort of argument when Vegeta, a guy know for killing people and planets for reason FAR more trivial than Megatron, became a good guy.

Seriously, it´s not nothing new in fiction. And it´s not like people are throwing a fucking parade at Megatron.

12. Mort

Mort Apostate

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Cheers :) 

13. Space Jawa

Space Jawa Cybertronian

Did the internet really exist as we know it in a capacity where such arguments would be as easy to have when that first happened?

14. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    There might be some kind of limitation on his weaponry, IE: if he tries to tap into his internal weapons or certain levels of power, boom. Whirl and someone else on board might be trying to tap into that and cause him to blow himself up.

As for the people upset by Megatron going good, why? The seeds were planted WAY back several years ago in the ongoing, when Optimus told him with one word, they would shake hands, walk out of Omega, and the war would be over. Megatron actually looked like he was considering it, then perhaps a pride thing, or what we won't know, said no. And, besides, as General Magnus mentioned earlier, it's not like it hasn't happened before. Personally, I can't wait to see how this plays out, and hopefully it DOESN'T end up forcing things back to status-quo.

15. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

I hope Megs either stays an Autobot or dies as one, I don't wanna go back to the status quo.

16. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Real talk, IDW Megatron deserves a parade.

17. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'm gonna commit the ultimate heresy and say I like the new colors better than the old ones. There's a greater sense of dimension here than in previous issues. Objects are better defined. Not to say that Josh wasn't great; these wouldn't be so good if they weren't such a perfect imitation of his work. But these are some pretty damn good colors.

18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I actually agree completely, I especially like the sense of light emitting from the glass ceiling. Of course I've always wanted to see Lafuente colour more comics ever since she rocked it in Chaos Theory, but still, It'll be a bit hard to move on from Josh, but right now I don't think I'd want anyone else to take over but her.

19. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

He didn't Become a "Good guy" For most Fans till some point in the buu Saga.

He was the guy that hung around cause the heroes were do good to just kill him, and they had no way to contain him, But still hated him being around.

20. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Wait, she did Shadowplay too? I didn't even realize that wasn't Josh! Holy hell, she's spectacular.