More Than Meets the Eye #20 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Aug 27, 2013.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

It did look like it, didn't it?

Funny, because at the moment, they're kind of the big stupid guys of the Scavengers. So of course they're playing childrens' games with each other.

zmog

2. unhappybludgeon

unhappybludgeon Decepticon

I'm hoping that this isn't the end for Prowl and Screamer, especially. It'd be robbing the fans of a good chance to see Starscream actually in charge and how he'd (Likely) screw it up, and a chance to see Prowl's chickens come home to roost, likely in the form of Fort Max going apeshit on him.

3. Scaldron

Scaldron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is 100% guaranteed to survive (unless something funky happens and he dies and gets revived by Ore-14, but that seems excessive). Prowl... maybe not 100%, but I doubt he'll die.

4. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Still waiting for Drift to appear out or nowhere and save the day.

5. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Isn't that a little anti-climactic? If the killswitch is advertised as this big deal that ends up doing nothing, I don't know. This is one of my problems with Roberts. DOOMSDAY DEVICE: does nothing.

6. unhappybludgeon

unhappybludgeon Decepticon

Well, it'd be equally anti-climactic if the killswitch kills off Starscream, Prowl, and half of The Scavengers before their stories see a legit conclusion, sooooo.....I don't know how much killing the killswitch may end up doing.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I don't see how, given how in probably 99% of comics stories - the common occurrence is that the heroes stop the Doomsday Device and save the universe. Otherwise, well, we wouldn't be getting new stories anymore.

8. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I've only gotten through 10 pages of commentary so maybe it's been mentioned, but wasn't there a kill switch in Five Faces of Darkness Part 5? This is somewhat reminiscent of that.

On another note, this arc has been quite epic. With each answer comes more questions. I think Shadowplay (so far) still edges out slightly above this arc, but it's damn hard to say.

I actually also felt really bad for Prowl. Dude has been having a bad year, and all he wants is for the Autobot cause to win. He's the most selfless 'bot around and continually gets screwed in some way.

I generally thought the "crossover" scene was well done. Definitely felt everyone's pain. Milne continues to nail these books. I feel like he had a lot more to draw than normally too.

9. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

Yes...yes...there was one wasn't there...how very convenient!
    [​IMG]

10. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

That's comic books buddies.

11. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

I like how Roberts likes Davies Doctor Who more than Moffat, yet this is exactly my problem with Moffat's Doctor Who: huge sweeping dangerous DOOMSDAY DEVICES that do absolutely nothing.

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I just wanted to post this here, so we can finally put to rest all this spoiler-tag nonsense for next issue. I figured I'd reach the most of the regulars by reposting this from the spoilertag discussion, in the latest active MTMTE thread. Sol Fury is referring to the current policy, and effectively throwing it out. Yay! :) 

zmog

13. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    That doesn't happen in most manga, especially in stuff like Macross or Gundam. Even all the Zeon's super weapons have a permanent impact on the war. Look at the Colony Laser... Gihren Zabi!!! Sides, they can always revive who is needed. I would like for MTMTE to have a permanent impact on the IDW universe. All of the off world Cold Constructeds are dead, but you know that Ore that Shockwave has is also pretty convenient to bring back all the major players in RID. Just a thought.

Hmm, well I know that Vangelus and crew were pushing to spoiler tag everything in the forums on their podcast. I am glad that this was thrown out. We all just ignored it because if you come to the comic book discussion thread prepare to be spoiled if you click on the thread. We shouldn't conform to people who don't read the comics in the comic book forum! Elsewhere, yes, I can see why and I make sure I do all the time, but I hardly talk about comics outside this forum (in fact the only other forum I go to is the toy forum which has good pics from time to time). So yeah, stupid policies are always removed because they are unenforceable. We also have our own culture here vs the rest of TFW. I am glad that I have made some friends on here as well like you Smog.

Isn't Robert's a Doctor Who writer anyway? This would line up with a trend if so. I am all for brotastic adventures, but everyone complains about things returning to status quo in Transformers Prime when Roberts might be the biggest offender of all time if this killswitch doesn't have a lasting impact on the Transformer's world. Though to write it out, I would make anyone revived by the ore count as forged so that weapon can never be created or used again. That is just how I think anyway.

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, he's just a big fan. Who is so ubiquitous in England that you can see the influence in a lot of English writers, including Furman.

15. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    And I'd like to think that Krok and Crankcase are watching over, and getting exasperated with them.

'No Grimlock, oh for Primus' sake, I keep telling you if you move that one the tower will fall and you'll lose!'
    'Stop helping him!'
    'You're helping Spinister!'
    'Yeah, well, he needs help!'

16. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    Furman was a Dr Who writer. Of course he is influential. That is why Daleks and the Dr make cameos and Death's Head is in Dr Who.

17. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Doctor Who. I am big fan Tom Baker and Sylvester McCoy.

Roberts is a big fan.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Holy crap, I just checked - totally forgot that happened in Five Faces of Darkness! If this is going to happen, this nod to the old cartoon is definitely a great way to introduce the Quintessons.

I do find something strange though, Tyrest clearly wasn't insane when the Aequitas trials were being held, so how could he come to the crazy realization that the Cold Constructed bots are the only evil in the Universe. Is it possible he was already a victim of Thought Warfare? With impulses telling him to drill himself? With Tyrest being a strong willed individual, whoever did it must have realized that he had to act subtly, and only until Tyrest damaged his Brain Module, could the huge Thought Attack take place - telling him to create a Space Bridge to Cyber Utopia, and creating a Kill Switch to destroy the CCs. Of course if this was indeed the Quintessons - the decimated Cybertronian race would pave way for their conquest of Cybertron.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Huh? No he wasn't.

Simon Furman - IMDb

20. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    He did some stuff for the magazine, and some audio book thing. Basically official fan fics.