More Than Meets the Eye #15 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by GFH, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    The one time I tried to read it I was intimidated by all of the backstory I had to read at first (I haven't read any of the Marvel stuff, too young). So I thought that was for another day...

Is it really that good?

2. Nope

Nope board man gets paid

News Credits:
    Really, as long as you know the basic stuff (and I'm sure you do), then you'll be fine. Still, Roberts included some continuity notes with it, and you could just go over that before you read it.

TFArchive - Transformers Fandom

But yeah, it's very good. Lots of similarities between it and MtMtE/LSotW, too.

3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Damn pesky narrative getting in the way of common sense!

4. RW8U

RW8U CRUSADERCON!

Ah, so it was Drift who pulled the slug from Rung. Sad there was no mention of Magnus, though.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I know, right? ;) 

6. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

...:cry ......WAIT - what:confused: ..? Um wh:( y

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I totally want Magnus to be like Ironfist.

Still alive but with constand black-outs and because of the fact that he's dying makes him loosen up and starts taking bigger ricks and stuff.

8. gregles

gregles quintesson

ok I think most of us can agree overlord probably survived and may even have rewind as a memosurgeoned powermaster captive so where and what next for him? The logical thing for him to do would be make a journey to cybertron to continue his rivalry with megatron or try and get his attention again. This could mean a RID appearance, how would you feel about this?

I personally wouldn't be too excited about the idea as RID can fall a bit flat on occasions and unless overlord is wrote brilliantly (thus far I think he has) he could potentially get really boring and repetitive. Also I love the cast of mtmte and fear any of them getting killled so his appearance is really emotive and if he showed up on cybertron and started hammering nails and offing main characters I don't think I would be that bothered, second thoughts if he beat the crap out of that smug hypocrite metalhawk it would have some merit

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    >Overlord in RID

I, uh... yeah. No comment.

10. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I figure the Trepan's trigger only works once or twice. Otherwise Rewind would be fine if taken captive. He'd just keep playing Rodimus saying "Till All Are One", and if he's got them a montage of Overlords defeats. Actually that would be hilarious. The little guy who turns into a memory stick making the unstoppable killing machine sadist his bitch. And then when he gets back to the Lost Light, it's after Chromedome has died.

I imagine next issue will be the fallout from this and deal with the rest of the crews reactions. Drift, and Brainstorm have some splaining to do. Then, I dunno. Maybe something with the DJD (even without Overlord, I'm sure they'd love to talk to Drift and Ambulon) or the Scavengers? After all Grimlock seems like he could use a good Shrink or Memnosurgion.

I think that Magnus should die smiling. Granted before I figured he'd finally smile, then get shot in the back by someone in a combat zone, but hey dying slowly and trying to enjoy the time he has works too.

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I honestly don't think JR would let Barber have him, it's his baby. Although I think he'll keep him in the closet for a while, he's still got the Legislators, DJD and Galactic Council to work with as his Big Bads, O'Lordy can stay on ice for a bit.

12. gregles

gregles quintesson

I agree, I was just wondering what others thought. the only thing which I think crossed over brilliantly was the mretrotitian as both the annuals where stunning in my opinion.

As for those other big bads, Ultra Magnus used to deal with the Galactic Council brilliantly and he is either dead or nearly dead, I wonder if this has any significance? are the legislators those 1984 robots? as I don't think they have been identified as such in the story yet as far as I know. I know from future covers we are pretty certain to see more of those mysterious robots and the DJD in a spotlight soon.

13. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Just read JR's commentary. Where can I find where its stated that Drift took Red's info from Rung?

14. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Um, Chromedome explained in the issue that it'd only work once on Overlord and only for a very brief time, which is why they had to rush him back to his cell immediately :p  He's shown quite clearly to have recovered by the time the door sealing, standing ominously over Rewind.

Ooh that'd be interesting indeed...I do wonder if James will work out a way to intro his smaller Prime body into the comics - shrinking spark being able to power only a smaller body?

15. Iro the Dude

Iro the Dude Decepticon Seeker Leader

You mean the dataslug in issue #7? I believe it was strongly implied that Drift took it in issue #14, and then he confirmed on his Twitter account.

16. gregles

gregles quintesson

Overlord shows up on cybertron in RID "I want megatron anyone who stands in my way will perish" arcee shows up and kills Overlord. THE END .......

17. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Yeah. I got #14 but I didn't know it was Drift until I read JR's commentary.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    Ugh... :lol 

19. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now THAT would be cool. Alpha Magnus.

20. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The mini-Magnus would be something to see in the comic, but hopefully it's not a permanent thing. They could very easily (and hopefully) change his form so he's not an exact duplicate of Prime in his smaller form.

Personally, with Ratchet, First Aid, and Ambulon, not to mention the mad scientist Brainstorm and the guilt-ridden Chromedome, I see them as working on ways to keep Magnus alive. Who knows, the end of the quest for the Knights, they might have some kind of secret way to heal his wounds and restore Magnus to normal.