More pics of Titanium TFs, including correctly TF'd Megatron!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by thefrozenred, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Megatron is boring and underwhelming, but Optimus is incredible.

2. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm not at all impressed with Megatron. And with the prospect of Classic Megatron coming, I'm not seeing the point.

3. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them both. Megatron doesn't look much like a leader or anything, but it's still a cool looking toy to me. Prime looks absolutely great. I'll definitely pick these up. Way way way better than the smaller entries in the line.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Neither are perfect but still look great. I wish megatron didn't have so much purple and stayed more silver overall, but thats a minor complaint. I'm excited to get them both!

5. Ultimus Prime

Ultimus Prime cows are nice

Prime looks amazing, as he did in the other pics.

Megatron's transformation seems interesting. He looks good, but not as good as Prime.

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

These were my first thoughts as well. I'll likely end up with prime, not sure on megs yet perhaps he will call to me once I have seen one in person.

7. Dinobot Swoop

Dinobot Swoop TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care how much those two are, or about the fact that Megatron isn't a hand-held weapon anymore, they WILL be mine!

8. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

I'm pretty sure Megs' cannon is not down all the way. It's hardly unusual for a Hasbro photo to be slightly mistransformed. That hinge looks like there's more range of motion to swing down.

9. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

I fully intend to get both of them. My only complaint with Megs is that his head is a little too wide. A bit narrower and he'd have been a lot better. But it is a very minor complaint.

10. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, the pics were available before, but looking at them again is reinforcement of what I originally saw.

War Within Prime is a must-have. Megatron looks like something thrown together at the last moment, so there would be a counterpoint to Prime. It just looks rushed and poorly-done, thus not worth it at all.

Prime, I'm getting. Megatron, I'll wait until they take the time to put out a War Within version (why not? They're planning on Jetfire and Thundercracker. You can't go wrong with most of the War Within designs).

11. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I don't HATE Megatron, he looks alright. My only complaint, where is his signature big black arm cannon? He's the closest thing we've had to kinda looking like the G1 Megatron since the G2 tank, so by that I like him.

12. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    The Thundercracker and Jetfire figures are new designs based on previous designs, not WWI.

The figures look great. I definitely cannot wait to get these. And they're pretty big for the price point. Hope it'll be great.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Emmm megatron is quake?

14. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Optimus looks amazing.

15. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:

QFT.

Haven't been this excited about a release...

well ever, I don't get excited about releases!

16. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime: amazing. No complaints.

However, Megatron is, er, well, uh, the best way I have to put it is, it's like watching G1 again, with (let's say) Ironhide looking a certain way, and you'd be really excited to pick up the Ironhide toy, and you get a toy that looks barely like anything like what you were expecting. The only thing with Ironhide's toy resembling his show form is his alt mode, same with Megatron.

Someone said it looks like Megatron is something put together rapidly, at the last moment, and I'd have to agree. The transformation doesn't look all that different from G2 Megatron.

If I had to guess (and this is just a GUESS), it's that Optimus, Thundercracker, and Jetfire either had intuitive transformations (kinda like G1 Soundwave's) where you can just look at it and immediately say, "Oh! That's how it transforms! I can see it in my head!" whereas I've read WWI many times, and I still can't see in my head how Megatron would transform. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Don Figueroa has figured out a transformation scheme, it's just that it's not as intuitive to "see" it happening.

The second guess (and this doesn't have to be mutually exclusive with my first guess) is that, for whatever reason, maybe Don Figueroa didn't help Hasbro out as much with Megatron? Just a guess.

17. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

I wonder why the went with an original design for megs?

18. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Loving Prime, not so much with Megs. I'll probably get him anyway but the design just doesn't seem terribly inspired. Except by Quake.

19. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I don't mind Megs. I think he'll look nicer when you buy him and see how small he actually is (the level of detail on both figures is pretty amazing). Plus, his design fits well with the WW Prime, T-Cracker, & Jetfire.

Prime is very cool!

I still think Megs looks somewhat similar to IDW's version of him in TF#4...

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I was thinking the same thing. Wish the cannon was on the arm. I'm going to get Megatron regardless. Optimus Prime looks awesome. :rock  A MUST for me.