More pics of Alternators Prime, and Transmutate

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by j3, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    Prime is really growing on me. Sure, the waist piece is probably mistransformed, but overall I'm starting to dig this guy. I love the massive handgun. One of the better Alt weapons to date. Definitely picking this guy up now.

Transmutate... meh. The one piece of it I have looks nice in person, but I'm not planning to complete the figure and nothing I'm seeing makes me want to.

2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I totally dig Dodge Trucks and I like the model they've come up with here. However, the bot mode does look a bit bulky, and, as some of you have suggested, he could use a bed cover or some other such appurtenance to "fill in" his legs. I think Ironhide, Kup or, maybe, Brawn would have been a better fit for this mold. In the end, it really doesn't matter to me whose head and name they slap on him, I'll buy it just because its a Dodge TF.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't wait to complete Transmutate. It looks awful but that's the way he/she looked like in the show. Optimus looks worse, and hopefuly this is just an "alternate" body (pun intended) for 20th/MP-1 that Prime can download his mind into when the need arises much the way Laser/Octane Optimus Prime could do with the Spychanger of the same name. That's the way it will work in My TF universe anyway.

4. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

love the blue autobot insignias on Prime - finally something different!

but the colors on the legs! - man, makes my eyes hurt! They are so randomly busy, you stare at them until you don't know what you're looking at anymore.

Kind of looks like some 8 bit graphics of Atara spaceships after a while...

5. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well Prime at least looks better this time around with the shoulders as screwed up as in the latch batch of photos. Still not convinced on getting him. And the pea-shoot he comes with, man...

But of course he's going to have knees guys. He's an Alt, and they're all very well articulated. No panicing required/

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am just gonna call it Ironhide..

7. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes all ALTs have knees, but not all ALTs have GOOD knees... Before I did the leg swap for Prowl, he might as well not have any knees, as well as the Viper mold and the s2000 mold... Good knees being at least somewhat near 90 degree bending potential... :thumb 

8. RockNRollOut

RockNRollOut Member

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that if this were any other character, people wouldn't have as much of a problem with it. I'm in the same boat, I think. The mold is alright (no better or worse than Prowl) The problem is that it's Prime. I'm used to Prime being bigger and better, and this mold, simply put, isn't. But it's not bad.
    I'm going to buy it, but I'm not going to call it Optimus.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The pickup mold isn't a great mold, but I agree that people are probably tougher on it because it's Prime, or at least A Prime. Overall it looks to me much like a design whose beauty is found more in the handling than the looking, a little like Prowl (for me anyway)

Sort of like how I like Alt. Wheeljack better than Grimlock. I suspect I may like the remold, assuming there is one - and assuming it's not forced to be another leader, better since there should be less character baggage attached.

10. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

I'll pick prime up, won't be the best alt but still looks cool and prime-like enough for me

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find it vaguely amusing that they went to trouble of giving it a collapsing cab, but don't seem to have bothered to do much with the legs..........

They could have designed it in such a way that part of the side panels fold up with the cab rather than staying on the upper legs.

still seems like a lazliy designed toy.

Oh and Prime needs to have a bigger gun than that peashooter.

12. Midnight Studio

Midnight Studio Banned

the single worst Primer ever.

13. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Worst piece of hyperbole ever. :cool: 

Come on, you can't seriously tell me this toy is worse than Machine Wars Optimus.

14. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How can you accuse Hasbro of being lazy? They bust their asses each time we get an Alternator. Be grateful for what we get. If you don't like it, that is cool. You're entitled to your opinion and you can say it sucks, but you can't say Hasbro is lazy.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

I said it *seems* like a lazily designed toy. Can we be sure it's transformed properly in these shots??

Did Hasbro do the design on this?? I thought Hasbro came up with the concept, and Takrara did the engineering??

...oh and they sure didn't bust their a$$es on Rollbar.

I *can* accuse them of being lazy. I spend money on their product and
    am entitled to express disatisfaction when
    I don't like something they produce.

16. RockNRollOut

RockNRollOut Member

"Character baggage", exactly. If that term isn't common amongst the fandom yet, it should be.

17. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Yes, you're entitled to do so. (I'm not singling you out, and at least you had the sense to say it *seems*, rather than it *is*) But when people on here start bandying around words like "lazy" and "stupid" in relation to the design of a product, you're stepping over the line between criticism and personal attack. Because you're saying the designer who worked on this toy is lazy.

Say you don't like it. Say it doesn't look well articulated. Say the colour pisses you off, or that Dodge Rams are gas-guzzling abominations and anyone who buys one should be rounded up and shot.

But if you need proof that the guys who work on these aren't lazy or stupid, try designing and constructing one yourself to the same standard of complexity. Or just ask Don Figueroa.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I love Prime's head sculpt.

Still undecided on the rest of him though.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The head sculpt will make it even easier for me to call him Ginrai on my shelf. :D 

Chris

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Personally, I like the Prime. He's not great, but he's not bad either and I'm thinking that I'll like hime better once I own one... much the same way I like alot of the guys like Ravage, Grimlock and Shockwave... not to mention Decepticharge.

I think I have to agree that he biggest problem here is with character baggage. Lots of characters in this line have had this problem and most of them have been rather nice... IMHO. However, I can see were some people might not like it.