More parents showing up in children's job search

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I mentioned this to my Dad, who used to hire folks for his medical firm. His response was great - "Good lord. It's getting harder and harder to knock 'em off the teat these days."

2. MV75

MV75 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Heh. And I was just thinking too, these are probably those kids that were breastfed until they were 5. :D 

If they need their parents to tag along, how the hell would they cope on their own at work each day? Would you trust them to do anything if they need parental consultation? Hell no. Also these sound like the little shits that grew up with no discipline when they were younger, but now the parent feels they need to join in on their lives. Too little too late.

First they think it's a good idea to put pictures of their dumbarse selves on the front of their resumes (straight to bin, don't even open to read), now it seems a good idea to bring their parents along (straight to bin).

3. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    The only reason either of my parents are with me when I go to a job interview is because they're my ride. And they aren't actually at the interview. They can play customer while I'm in the interview since I've applied to places like Target and Toys R Us.

Incidentally, I've never gotten a job. Not because one of my parents was there. More like because the store didn't need me.

4. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

*facepalms*

WTF is this world coming to.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i recall another story, when a woman came into my store, and asked for an application....i ask if she was looking for part time or full time (i would assume full time, being an middle aged woman, probably looking for management....)but no, she said, its for my daughter, she's wants a job in the mall so im looking for applications...so i handed her an application, and did my little corner fold, which indicated to me when i got the application back that i didnt want to interview her....i did the corner fold to tons of people who would come in, hang around for like 40 minutes, not doing anything...then ask for apps...stupid people...i hate them....

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ahahaha! Actually thats really disturbing because there was a program on in the UK about horrific problem children, one was a 8 year old who was still being brestfed... She was such a little shit she insisted on it, and the mother always caved in because the husband (who was never around) would tell his wife to give in just so he could get some sleep... creepy.

On the other note, I'm going to have to keep an eye on the corners of any future application sheets...

7. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

Isn't that ever so slightly against the law or something. Your judging someone on a first impression which 90% of the time is wrong.

Out