More Info Regarding The Future Of The Transformers Movie Franchise: 2019 And Beyond

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Mar 17, 2019 at 12:01 AM.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 9
  2. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I've only listed the Paramount movies under the contract. There are other Hasbro movies by other studios.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    But nothing before 2022?

4. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There's no guarantee any of those movies come out. They will only get made if Paramount thinks they are worth giving them the green light.

• Like Like x 1
  5. FMAChet

FMAChet Well-Known Member

But what if Bonaventura is telling the truth. The only guarantee we can get about this is from Hasbro about whenever we are getting a sequel or a reboot series. I've been asking on if Hasbro has any official word about this, numerous times.

6. CorePrime

CorePrime Well-Known Member

Someone said his comments were mistranslated.

7. FMAChet

FMAChet Well-Known Member

What is that statement is wrong? What if Bonaventura is telling the truth? The only one who can explain on whenever that is true or not is Hasbro, which at this point hasn't given any official word.

8. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The truth is if you put the last knight and bumblebee next to each other on paper the last knight still made more money. Even if it was down from the previous films. I think there were some decisions made in that film the audience simply didn't agree with it wasn't necessarily that they were tired of bayformers TLK just didn't click for most people. I think if they make some changes TF6 could be profitable. I cant help but wonder if there is a bit of an internal conflict at Hasbro about what they should do next. Some of the suits may still want another bayformers based on box office numbers while some want a full reboot based on critic response. so maybe they just made a decision recently and decided to give people both? A bayformers finale and a bumblebee 2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    A native speaker on the boards said otherwise.

10. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    So basically they don't care if the movies are good or bad. They just HAVE to make a movie for each Hasbro property. This explains it all. They have to fulfill the contract and that's their only motive. No wonder these movies are so bad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    So it sounds like we're basically back to where we were in early 2018...Bumblebee was a prequel, and they're continuing in the Bay timeline instead of using Bumblebee as a reboot. I suppose I can get behind it. I was assuming Bumblebee was a prequel until a few weeks ago, after all. I really just want good movies, I don't care what timeline they're part of. I hope they continue to hire talented filmmakers like Travis.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It's still possible to be mistranslated when going from English to Japanese. We only have the Japanese source, not the direct English source.

Either way, I'd wait for Hasbro to confirm this. Lorenzo is just pitching ideas at this point.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Ding dong THE BAYVERSE IS DEAD!

That film was an unmitigated disaster according to literally everybody except Lorenzo! Paramount underwent massive staff changes because of it! How in hell is this even legit!? Are they trying to destroy the studio and the franchise because TLK was one step away from being a modern day Heaven's Gate!

• Like Like x 3
  14. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    It probably won't end up being a direct sequel (unless Bay ends up returning). Keep in mind Travis was allowed to put his own spin on his movie, and was allowed to take a lot of creative liberties. There's no reason to assume the director of TF6 won't be allowed the same creative freedom. I'm sure it will carry over some of the basic story elements and maybe even the same cast, but it could end up feeling very different. I don't think it's going to be TLK part 2. It'll probably end up being more like what Thor Ragnarok was to the Dark World. "Technically" a sequel, but an entirely different beast for all intents and purposes. Who knows, maybe it'll be loved by critics like Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Wheeljack84

Wheeljack84 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What if the dinosaurs were still around? It'd be like Jurassic Park in real life.

I'm sure he's telling the truth about scripts being written. That doesn't mean they will happen. A lot of scripts get written and never get made.

• Like Like x 1
  16. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, I'm starting to think it may be a retcon instead of a reboot.

• Like Like x 2