More info / help identifying 2 robot toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by junk_nd, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junk_nd

junk_nd Well-Known Member

Two items I'm looking for more info on:
    First:
    http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/jestor_777/robot/
    Unknown dump truck robot made by Marchon. Inc. 1984. Rear of vehicle/robot base is "powered/motorised". Rev it up on the floor a few times and then let it go. Brother had a similar one that was a crane (green in color, if I remember). The arm of the crane broke into 2 pieces to become the robot's arms. 1984 Sideswipe is there for comparison.

Second:
    http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w5/jestor_777/robot_part.jpg
    I'm trying to recall all of this from memory. The above is a piece to a large semi-transforming robot from around the mid 80's. Probably not older than 1986. Somewhat "Voltron-esk" looking (weren't they all?). The robot itself was mostly diecast metal. Easily weighed 1.lbs. to 2.lbs. Lots of sharp, pointy edges. (great toy for children!) Robot was probably around 12" tall. Limited articulation. Bent at the knees. Shoulders moved. Not sure about elbows. Had lots of pieces that attached to it. The robot could change into a "tank" or "spacecraft" depending on which pieces you changed or parts you attached. Had wheels. Yellow (maybe red) removable wings. Had spring loaded arms that hands/weapons could be inserted. The above piece was part of the larger "staff" weapons. The robot came with 2 of the pictured piece. These pieces attached to a "T-connector" and then the head pieces (sword & axe or spear) attached. Hands were blue in color. Hands were molded as fists and had a hole in the inside part of the fist that the "T-connector" pushed into. Chest of the robot was plastic. Chest swung open to the sides and the robot's head folded into the chest.

Any info on the above items greatly appreciated.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've never heard of those two. I might recognise the second one if I saw a picture of him, but honestly, I've got no idea.

3. Grendel1979

Grendel1979 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  4. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

5. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Oh wow, they have Galaxy Rangers on there, I never knew there was a toyline for that.

6. junk_nd

junk_nd Well-Known Member

Oh HELL YA! Thank you very much!!!!!!

Thank you also!

A few hours of sporadic searching and I get nothing. A hour & 1/2 here and everything is answered :D  Woohoo!!!

And Grendel1979, I didn't even see the link to the picture parts you had in your post. Just noticed the "need help identifying" and went to work on what I could. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees......

7. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    I have no clue what it is, but I WANT that truck robot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.