More in hand detail images of reissue Piranacon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by zealottoyou, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    The colors are a bit different from the original G1 versions, but the set still looks awesome. I can't wait to get mine from BBTS.

2. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One person has opened his to find some dogy QC and missing weapons. One person. A bit early to be judging the entire run but hey this is fandom talking.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Does this guy do anything?

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

^ That poor guy got a really bum set. I hope mine isn't that bad.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I read through the entire post on seibertron that is linked to in payres' Post and the only problem that seem wide spread are known mold issues and the stickers not being 100% as perfect as they could be.

The guy who got the bum set got a replacement and the worst problem he had with it was a mis assembled fist on one of the limb figures which was easily fixed. So its looking more and more like that one set was an isolated problem.

I will be holding fast to my preorder. BBTS will make any issues with the set right so I have no fears.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the set.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    It IS a legitimate G1 toy. It's not an original G1 toy.

7. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    It's a legitimate reissue of a G1 toy not a legitimate G1 toy , there is a difference. Just try to buy and Original set of Seacons and see how far $60 gets you.

and what I meant in that statement is scammers trying to profit by saying a loose set of these was made back in the day which I am glad is not possible for the entire piece, individual seasons maybe but two for certain to be easily identified as reissue.

No offense meant to you or dissing the set , as I love it, we just quite simply had a differing point of view on how to describe it.

8. raptorhead

raptorhead New Member

The stickers being pre-applied isn't that nice... my Piranacon's stickers are folded and applied poorly. Well, atleast I got it for $50

9. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Hmm... my G1 Skalor was a totally different colour to that. I don't profess to like or know anything about the seacons, just struck me as odd.

10. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    piranacon looks nice albeit in his quirky own way, wish the stickers had been better though and not pre applied. i think snap trap looks better with the green head, at least the colour changes work overall, ive never minded small changes like that in reissues, nostalgia can hold to tightly sometimes. i like the chrome sword too.

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    That's awesome! Glad I paid for 2! >:) 

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine in from Hong Kong. I can confirm that my set is of excellent quality. Crisp detail molding, generally tight joints, all the parts are in place and assembled correctly, and it's got all the parts.

Only two very minor QC issues. The first being a bit of mold flashing in the combiner port in Snap Trap's left leg, so Tentakil kinda fell out pretty easily. Just opened up that leg, cleaned it up, and it snaps over Tentakil's head pretty well now.

Tolerances are a bit off on Overbite's gun, so his attack mode (not gun mode) is pretty useless, as the gun falls out of his underbelly at the slightest provocation. A bit of nail polish/superglue will fix that right up.

Stickers could have been better, some of them were already curling up at the edges. Stuck them back down, but they could always pull back up again. At least they were applied straight. Might get Reprolabels eventually, although not a huge priority.

Not having touched the G1 mold before, some things suprised me. Piranacon's a lot heftier then the rest of the Scramble City combiners. I guess that's the chunky Season 3 engineering at work. The other is the "softness" of the combiner ports. That's actually a good thing, as there's virtually no risk of snapping the heads/plugs off inside Snap Trap. The limbs all attach smoothly and cleanly. Dunno if that's G1 accurate, or if it's a materials/mold change for the reissue. But I like it. The stands are a different matter, the ports are still hard plastic. I'd be wary of those. I personally don't really think much of them, so won't be using them anyways.

13. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up mx-01 archon. Its looking more and more like that one epically bad set one an isolated incident as by now if it was common we would have people freaking out about it.

14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    G1 does have "soft" connections---becomes a problem over time as you can imagine, has a hard time holding the arms horizontally. And the stands always were rock-hard.

As for the stands---use the middle part instead of Overbite's own gun, in combiner mode. It is IMHO the intended transformation---that any "limb" while in gun mode for Piranacon---should use the 'stand' gun, not their personal gun. Their personal guns should only be used in 'beast attack mode'. (everything works out TOO well when using the middle stand gun for it not to be intended)

15. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i see BBTS now has them in stock, shouldnt be too long before we start getting some feedback.

16. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are those final production pictures? I'm ok with all the changes except for SnapTrap's head. The box and tech spec card show SnapTrap having a black head, not a green, unpainted-looking head.

It's one thing if that was a call they made for some reason.. it almost looks like they messed up as all of the other things don't match it. Still hoping that the final release has a black head.. .that might be a deal breaker for me.

Waiting to see when pics of the early release come out.

17. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I totally agree actually. My point was that this set is awesome and the color of his head is the worst part. Of course I DON'T like it, but oh well. I can live with it. It'll be displayed MISB anyhow in my collection. or at least MIB.

18. LongHaul

LongHaul Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i came home today and mine has arrived! Must say its very nice, bigger than i remember as a kid.

19. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What color is Snaptrap's head?!?!

20. xaviernailo

xaviernailo Member

Peaugh on Youtube just did a review of his reissue Piranacon. The figures actually looks really nice and has minimal QC problems so I can't wait to receive mine in August.