Minor/Repaint: More fun with rods.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Braddock, May 15, 2024.

1. Braddock

Braddock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t like to think that people assumed I didn’t spend hours...well....., an hour...well, minutes, messing about with various lengths of plastic rods whenever I pick up yet another broken Transformer for tuppence ha'penny...

Because I do.

Please note none of the participants listed below were permanently affected, except where mentioned, and I'm not sure non-visible drilled holes count, innit.

Firstly, After going through the spares and junkers hoard recently, only a few parts of the reprehensible plate-shaped mess that is movie Starscream (I’ve got a copy of the HTFD Leader in the collection, obviously...admittedly mainly for the ridiculous voice clips), was a couple of the missile launchers.

A length of thin plastic rod jammed into the convenient hole underneath, which I think is a nub for transformation, and a larger piece of rod over that, and it’s a sort of gun!

IMG_20240508_235953_3.jpg

Presented with him are a few other guns of the same ilk, the one on the left is a one-step changers arm I think, and on the right is some KO rubbish.

Also, I have just picked up a KO Scourge and the alternative masks etc., in common with some KO stuff, these were pretty badly designed and both the masks broke off the strut that affixes them to the head, in fact leaving the strut sticking out of his face...

So I went backwards on this, instead of replacing the strut on the mask, and carefully drilled a not-too-deep hole into the rear of the masks, that can now sit on the strut for display, quick but effective.

IMG_20240514_231358_5.jpg

IMG_20240514_233110_4.jpg

I also used varying sizes of rods to jam in and make the hole in the non-business end of the cannon small enough for Optimus to hold it on his hand-nub...not sure I like the look on him, but it keeps me amused doesn’t it?

Laters.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Nice!