More Ebay rules and changes

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Da_Last_2_Walk, Aug 20, 2008.

1. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Already there. Just not a lot of traffic atm. Fees are reasonable, however.

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i just signed up for the lifetime seller deal on EBID. no fees EVER!!!

this of course means lower prices for the buyer!!!

spread the word. everyone. switch to EBID today!

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    ...and are they still going to 'clamp down' on excessive shipping at the same time?

I wish somebody would/could take them to take over this. It's one step too far.

4. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    none of their "free auction bullshit" applies if you run a ebay store...oh no..not for you folks "u can look at the free stuff, just don't touch"

this shit that ebay keeps pulling is getting tired and old..i think in July my store is getting shit canned and i will start a online store with my listings..

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    so how the hell is lower final fees in their head for store subscription folks...when the final value fee is 9% right now and it is going up to 11%

how the fuck is that lower?

did someone working for ebay flunk math?

6. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    did you fail math?
    really?
    example...if you sell a $30 transformer...and right now 9% fee...$2.70
    now add in that shipping fee...say $7...so now $37 is your total...and the 11% fee it will be in July....$3.30....yeah how is that going to help folks?

seriously...i am pissed as any seller that uses ebay and can see thru their "we are trying to help you control costs Bullshit propaganda"

this just fucking sucks ass.

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    start shipping stuff 1st class international...but send it REGISTERED MAIL...they have to sign for it and IT IS TRACKABLE...and it costs about 35 to 50% less than EMS mail...it just can take 1 to 3 weeks to get there....i have been doing that for the last several months and had no problems...just put the tracking # In paypal once it ships...

http://boxoh.com/?t=RR743649168US

this is an example of a registered mail 1st class international package sent to the UK

as you see...it shows when i dropped it off at my post office...then it shows when it departed international mail to the UK...and it will show delivered once it is signed for...

according to the post office...registered mail is more secure than EMS because it is kept under lock and key until it is delivered due to the signed for delivery requirement with registered mail.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    all I know is that I'm glad my wife and I sold her skis and ski boots two months ago on ebay instead of waiting. I feel like they may have been forced into this because of people doing shady things like charging 99 cents for something valuable, and then $50 shipping to skirt paying fees.

I can also see paypal doing the same thing with the "gift" option that you don't have to pay fees on either. I can't tell you how many times I've bought something here on the boards, only to be extorted into doing that, otherwise the seller would charge me extra.

9. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    they are not charging you extra...they just don't want to pay paypal the fees for the "priviledge" of you using paypal to pay them...when i sell on these boards...i tell folks to pay with the gift option or cover the fees...i am not going to take a 3 percent hit just because someone wants to pay with paypal and they want to take fees out...

think if you were selling your car...and someone brought you cash...but wanted to charge you a 3% convienence fee...would you be kosher with that?

think not.

10. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I probably will never pay by gift again unless someone is a close friend. Once you get burned once you wont ever want to get burned again.

11. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why? Unless there is a large amount of people going there, you're going to get less bidders. Ebay will still get the highest $$$ for sellers. Have fun selling a Fort Max for $100 when it could have gone for $600 on ebay since there are so many more potential bidders.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I was done with ebay when I discovered these forums. I plan on doing my best to never use ebay again. I hate the policies they have in place.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i will take my chances on ebid. it is better. it will grow because ebay is f***ed up and getting greedier. i can consistently beat ebay prices by 10% on ebid.

there are some principalities involved. i just cancelled ALL of my ebay auctions. im done selling on ebay.

i encourage others to encourage others to check out eBID. their products do show up when you google search for it. i do that often and have found some cool stuff on eBID before.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

u da man!

15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

why is this so hard to understand?

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

eBID eBID eBID... : )

17. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    This has got to top the list of crappy eBay changes. My current handling fees of essentially $0.25 won't cover eBay's new fees. Sorry buyers.

I suspect eBay's unwillingness to afford the manpower to actually regulate and enforce their own policies against sellers circumventing fees helped lead to this. Big props to sellers like the asshole currently auctioning a $0.99 MIB Dorvack Ovelon Gazzette with a $300 domestic shipping charge. eBay finally settled on the most profitable way to recoup those lost fees. :rolleyes: 

18. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes, traffic is the main problem with any site trying to compete with ebay. Ebay knows this and continues to try to make as much money as they can knowing buyers and sellers likely arent going anywhere else.

Someone who sells a fort max at 100 deserves to lose him at that price. Ebid allows you to set the starting bid. Also you can have your BINs run until sold.

19. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Definitely BAD NEWS for Sellers! :thumbdown 

Tell me that eBay aren't taking a beating for their sales. I bet MORE Sellers are gonna give up selling their wares or migrate to another selling platform without all these nonsense.

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've heard he's a great member to deal with. Unfortunately he's also one of the ones that helped cause fee changes on ebay.

*edit* My opinion has changed on him being a great member after reading his responses in the ebay thread. Treat potential customers better.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011