More Combiner War Figures Discovered: Shockwave, Pipes, and two HUGE Fan Favorites!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 11, 2015.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I don't think Scattershot will be a Silverbolt remold. I think the "normal" repaint/remold rate is 1 within the same line and Cyclonus already takes up his mold reuse. There's also the potential for this year's fanmade figure to include a Silverbolt mold so I don't think they'll go past the amounts they have already(3 Optimus Variants, 2 Silvy-B variants, 2 Hot Spot variants, the fanmade torso)

Though I wouldn't doubt that Onslaught is the HotSpot remold.

2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think multiple uses of an Optimus Prime mold should be considered as a precedent for things to come. That's not to say Scattershot will or won't be a (third) use of the Silverbolt mold, but just to say that Optimus Prime and recolors of him are often special cases.

There isn't really a recent precedent for a line to average one new mold for every three retail (non-exclusive) voyager figures produced in the CHUG line. It's much closer to 2:3 ratio of molds to figures over an extended period of time. When voyagers were re-introduced in the Generations line, we had 3 uses of the FOC Soundwave mold, then never saw a mold more than twice, and often with significant remolding included in the second use.

3. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Wasn't there some rumor from the UK fair that all these MP's were in the works?

I think someone might have mistaken it for Leader Class figures. Shockwave, Blitzwing, and Galvatron I believe it was?

They certainly are ramping up the release of leader figs.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Galvatron could be an easy remould and repaint of leader megatron. He even shares near enough the same robot and vehicle mode in the idw comics.

Ultra magnus might be the reveal.

5. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

i dont know about the rest of you, but i have a sneaking suspicion that each voyager mold will be devoted to a single classic combiner and then get repaints from there.

what i mean is that defensor, superion, menasor, bruticus, computron ect... will all have their own devoted voyager mold with other characters being remolded/repainted from these "core" combiner characters.

i also believe that once upon a time someone said that there would be 6 voyager molds.
    if that is the case then if those 5 combiner get their own unique voyager, we would still be a voyager short. (not counting any repaints like any of the optimus primes or cyclonus or anything else in the future)

this also means that if the final team is decepticon, that means the ratio of "classic" combiners would be 3 autobots: 3 decepticons (again not counting repaints or remolds, nor am i counting devastator)

jut all wishful thinking on my part.

6. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you compare Superion with Computron there are a number of similarity as a base level.

The combiner head isn't all that different, the chest plate too, Silverbolt and Scattorshot have similar heads too. Again I'm not talking about precision details but silhouettes and basics.

Attached Files:

7. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Okay...? He might be, but I just don't think he will. As I don't think the Alpha Bravo mold will be used for any Combaticon. That many repaints/remolds aren't that common for retail, that's all I'm basing my prediction on. I could be completely wrong here.

8. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The R&D has been put into the 'exo skeleton' of these figures.

The reuses of them could be varied and different. For example, Motormaster is all new parts expect for the legs (basically).

So with AB it makes sense that the core figure will be earmarked to be a Combaticon (up to two figures) and a Protectobot. However the actual figure could end up with many new parts on it.

9. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Alpha Bravo is Vortex in different colors. I think the chances of him not being a straight repaint are below zero. Everything in robot mode, including the head, are absolutely dead-on for Vortex.

10. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn You Are Out of Range

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    "DrOblivian": The numbers for the figures per size class they revealed last summer referred to the number of total releases in those price points, not to the number of distinct molds that would be produced, and Optimus, Silverbolt, Motormaster, Hot Spot, Cyclonus and Optimus Maximus account for six Voyagers in 2015.

11. artiepants

artiepants Misses readable TF comics

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll be pretty surprised if Scattershot isn't a reshelled Silverbolt, but I'd imagine almost the entire jet body will be redone.

12. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

ah, i didn't know that number was for actual voyager releases.

meh either way. i still think the the classic combiners will all have their own mold for the voyager member.

if they ARE repaints it wont bother me in the slightest honestly. I just have this gut feeling. also it WOULD be pretty awesome for each major team to not have any remolds.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What wave do you think Onslaught is in?

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Robots ams metals Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Who isn't a major team?

15. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Impossible to say at this point but the release schedule looks like this:

Feb - Legends wave 2 (Huffer, Blackjack)
    Feb - Deluxe wave 2 (3 Stunticons, 1 Aerialbot)
    Feb - Voyager wave 2 (Motormaster)

March - Leader class Megatrons

April - Thundercracker
    April - ????

May - ?????

16. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I always thought there is no new Generations toys between Spring and Summer.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Robots ams metals Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think it's safe to say that we won't be getting Computron and Bruticus until sometime between October and December.

18. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I just hope the rumors that Brawl will be a legends class are false. Groove is fine cause motorcycles are small, but Brawl really needs to be an actual component, not the add on. Also since Warpath is confirmed to be a legends Megatron remold Brawl wouldn't even be designed really to be an accessory. Also they need to do some molds that aren't retools of the same 8 as at the start of the line.

19. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    What could replace a Tank foot?

20. unicronic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Metroplex was a summer release iirc e.g. SDCC first then shortly after for everyone else. As was FOC Bruticus.

Brawl could be re-purposed into a Technobot e.g. Nosecone.