More Combiner War Figures Discovered: Shockwave, Pipes, and two HUGE Fan Favorites!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 11, 2015.

1. GreyRouge

GreyRouge The Master of Motors!

News Credits:
    Do you mean Kickback? cause we already have Shrapnel and Chop Shop will be a repaint of him.

2. Koldstone

Koldstone Active Member

No idea if anyone's said it, but I'm predicting Alpha Bravo and Decepticon Offroad being redone as Vortex and swindle, respectively, to go with Onslaught. Kinda puts a damper on my DotM Megs to Onslaught custom, and the technobots I was going to do. Boy, did I have plans.

3. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ah my mistake...i meant kickback....but yes i think we need kickback so we can have this trio first before we start on the other three.

4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I forgot to mention that I'm glad that I never got the FoC Combaticons. The Takara ones were tempting but I certainly prefer a combiner with a bigger torso.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FOC Bruticus was just a mess all around. Robot modes didn't look that good, the integrated gestalt hands and feet looked awful, and the torso looked awful because it was the same size as the limbs. They improved a lot for CW.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I'd be excited if we're gonna get a new CHUG Shockwave better than the FoC toy

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Scattorshot, Onslaught, Shockwave, Buzzsaw, Pipes? Holy Crap....This is gonna be awesome.

Yeah that's kind of a shame.

I think Overlord is very likely, I remember a while back Hasbro said they planned to do a Overlord eventually and a few years ago I thought 2015 would have been the perfect year for it to get a release.

I would love that.

8. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    A shockwave that turns into a hand held gun is the best kind of shockwave.

9. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    I thought for a second that Shockwave was a larger scale. Darn.

But, still, Pipes, Buzzsaw (Hopefully this means more cassettes soon, and A GOOD CHUG SOUNDWAVE FINALLY PLEASE) Chop Shop is a little weird, I want my damn kickback first.

BUT HELL YEAH, COMBATICONS AND TECHNOBOTS.

This is gonna be one expensive year.

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, it was truly awful. I thought all the molds except Swindle and Onslaught were complete disasters, and they were just kind of OK. (i only got the wreckers version because i felt the likelihood of getting any of those characters again anytime soon was pretty slim, or in Impactor's case nearly nonexistent: of course then they went and did Whirl and Roadbuster again a year later so who even knows!!!)

11. Ralphenator

Ralphenator Well-Known Member

I have tempered excitement for a new Combaticons combiner. Remember, these are the same people who brought us Bruticus Maximus. Until I put the FP add-ons to it, it looked like crap. The question is are we going to get a combiner that looks more like Superion quality or Maximus quality.

12. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, gee, I wonder if a combiner in 2016 will be closer in quality to one from 2015, or one from 2004? That sure is a tough one to answer...

13. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    There were four Deluxe Insecticons - Chop Shop, Barrage, Ransack and Venom.

And sometimes a repaint may mean a lesser characters gets made before a more important character who needs a new mold. MP Tigertrack before MP Sunstreaker for example. Chop Shop has the same alternate mode as Shrapnel and the Skrapnel toy hasn't yet been repainted.

14. Gauntletblade

Gauntletblade Wrecker

For the Abominus we want it's be interesting to see if they could engineer a Hun-Gurr that could be retooled into a decent looking Snaptrap for Piranhacon

15. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is good news but will Scattershot be a new mold or a redeco? I can see Onslaught being a redeco of Hotspot but would really like Scattershot to have his own mold.

16. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just honestly thinking yesterday "man, I feel like I'm not that stoked about Transformers right at this second" AND THEN THIS HAPPENS. Pipes? Hot Spot? SCATTORSHOT?! This is EXACTLY what I needed out of Combiner Wars, and I am SUPER STOKED. I can sit the rest of this wave out no problem, but the second I see any Protectobots or Technobots I am gonna flip a proverbial bitch.

17. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

Combiner Wars scattershot and onslaught they better be new figures and not repaint.

18. 5ky7ynx86

5ky7ynx86 Lieutenant Commander

Buzzsaw seems kinda random...could he be a pretool of Divebomb? We still have yet to see any animal combiners at all, but this could potentially be a hint towards it...

I would really like to see Laserbeak, Frenzy, Rumble, and Ravage have toys that turn into something other than cassettes. They're fleshed out enough even without Soundwave, and there's been a few small attempts over the years at something similar.

19. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My theory is that since these new toys have yet to be revealed to the public it seems like they will be released some time in 2016. My estimate is that Hasbro will need to implement new toy molds at this time instead of rehashing new molds. I highly doubt Scattershot as a new premium figure for 2016 will be a redeco. Again ust my guess. Onslaught will depend on when Hot Spot is released. He could end up like Motormaster/Optimus Prime.

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I think Onslaught can be an easy remold of Hot Spot, while Scattershot could be a new mold.