more BW comics to follow current miniseries?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lumpy, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    thats the response i got when i emailed IDW's letter column about beast wars, and said i hoped that they did more BW stories...

hopefully they do this...im loving it...like mcdonalds, but way healthier...

2. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

when does the next issue come out?

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    no clue...their website just says march...no specific date...im thinking mid marchish...

4. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love me my Beast Wars. I need more. They should have an issue come out everyday. I need more Beast Wars! :) 

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Heck, I would rather have BW as IDW's monthly book than their G1 series.

6. DecepticonMatrix

DecepticonMatrix Collection Complete

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i was just about to post that...way to go mr K....and yeah, the beast wars stuff is downright badass...im so loving it...

8. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

I fear that they may be oversaturating the market. DW tried to run three ongoings and it didn't work. I think that to do another mini later on after Steel Hearts would be good, but just keep one ongoing, one Mini, and the Generations discount reprints for a while, and see what readership after a year. If it's nice nad high, then adda second ongoing for BW.

9. Superman_Alpha

3 TF comics a month, well... 4 per month with DDP's annual GI Joe x-overs, is already too much. One ongoing and one mini-series or special per month would be ideal.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    I don't think a lot of mini series going at once is a problem; as long as they're somewhat diverse. I think Beast Wars really works best as a mini, and I look forward to more in the future.
    But what I'd love to see is Inflitration end and be replaced by a good, strong series. I see a lot of people bash DW's G1 ongoing, but issues 9 and 10 were some of my favorite TF comics ever. Blah, I still have sour grapes over not having an ending to the ongoing.

11. Superman_Alpha

You do know that Infiltration is not a mini-series right? It's just the name of the first arc of the ongoing G1 monthly. It's not going to be replaced by a G1 series. It's IS the G1 series already.

12. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know it's the ongoing, hence the "Inflitration end and be replaced by a good, strong series" bit. It's the worst TF comic I've ever read, I only buy it to support the line.
    I think it's flaws are glaringly obvious when you read Beast Wars after it. I have three issues of Infiltration and one Beast Wars; more happens in the first 12 pages of Beast Wars than all three Infiltration issues. I don't think Beast Wars would work as an ongoing but I'd love for a series of minis like how War Within was done.

13. Lumpy

News Credits:
    man, itd be sweet if IDW finished WW age of wrath? even just an oversized one shot to finish it out, then maybe start a new mini of it...every 6 months you could have BW then WW....i would love that...

14. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

Yes a lot happened in that one issue, but that is happening in the classic BW universe. Infiltration is setting up the new paradigm of Transformers. It's a nice, slow build that would probably work better if read all at once. I encourage everyone who thinks that it is too slow to buy the TPB when it comes out. I'm doing it just because I prefer the TPB graphic novel format and find it works better with todays comics and thier long story arcs. I'm also buying the individual issues to support the series.

15. Superman_Alpha

I don't understand supporting a comic that you don't like. It doesn't support the line, it encourages the publisher to produce more comics that you won't like. If IDW publishes TF comics that no one likes, then they will either fix the problem or the license will go to a better publisher next time.

16. Chrono Grimlock

News Credits:
    True, but I'm sick of the comics relaunching and restarting at a new publisher. I'd rather see Infiltration end, then IDW launch a 'better' G1. I'm still holding out for DW legal issues to resolve and be picked up by IDW. Again, though loving their Beast Wars stuff.