Moon Studio Radiatron (Raiden)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Mar 16, 2019.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    The aesthetics are there, the hardware isn't... those are big robots and they rely mostly on friction joints...

2. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

So the story/rumours go...

3. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I don't understand all the company name juggling!!!

4. Darkseid1998

Darkseid1998 Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I have just received Kaen yesterday and was excited to combine them. Robot modes look awesome, has every weapon they used in the Japanese series and fully jointed, alt modes look like real HO trains and I transformed all 6 to roll them in tracks but then I got to combining them and it took 3 hours just to find out that the poseability sucks on Raiden and they could have added a few more joints to his shoulders. I think they attempted to add a shoulder swivel on MPG-01 but the chest piece gets in the way and the shoulders hit the wings. He is also hard to stand up BUT at least Takara gave me a stand to keep it upright unlike my friend’s Moon Studios Radiatron that keeps falling over. Both options have their pros and cons but I’ll post in another post. Overall, love the robot and train modes but hate the combiner Raiden mode but will leave it combined to save space.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I think you may be looking for this thread: https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/transformers-raiden-project.1183388

• Like Like x 1
  6. blurr95

blurr95 Team Monkey Pants

Im a bit unsure on which one you are talking about. Are you saying that Moon Studios Radiatron is unstable and hard to pose? If so, that’s a surprise. Mine is very very stable and easy enough to pose, I tried a few different ones but generally keep them in just an a stance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Darkseid1998

Darkseid1998 Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Comparison between Raiden and Raidiatron
    Robot modes: Raiden takes the win unless you are into the undetailed cartoon look then you would pick Raidiatron. Tied.
    Train modes: Raiden takes the win here. Love the HO train look and scale. Raidiatron trains look like kindergarten toys from Thomas the Train. This goes to Raiden.
    Equipment: this goes to Raiden. This set has all the swords, guns, and missile launcher Raiden ever used in the Japanese series. Even comes with a stand for that falling over problem. Raidiatron has only the guns and no stand. This goes to Raiden.
    Price point: Raidiatron wins here. His price ranges from $699-$799 depending on where you buy it. Raiden is $960. Radiatron takes the win.
    Now it’s Raiden versus Raidiatron. Raiden is harder to transform and combine. Raidiatron is easier. Raidiatron tahes the win.
    Raidiatron is more poseable than Raiden. Raidiatron takes the win
    This next category is objective. Do you like the toon accurate look or a realistic look? If you like the toon look then Raidiatron takes the win.
    Raiden takes the win for looks in robot and alt modes and has all the weapons, missiles and swords and a stand for that unbalanced Raiden mode.
    Raidiatron has a much better combine mode which is more poseable and looks toon accurate. It is also cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  8. blurr95

Looks like you should disregard my above post, I think I did misunderstand what you were saying.

9. IronEnder17

IronEnder17 Average Everything Enjoyer

News Credits:
    I paid $768 after shipping and taxes for Raiden through amiami

• Like Like x 1
  10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    What I find interesting is that we haven't (or at least I haven't) seen any threads or store listings for the KO of any of the Takara Raiden bots.

I would have thought we'd have seen the first ones by now.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Radiatron can be found cheaper than he listed too. As long as he used one source for both to compare the prices it is still valid.

12. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But do we have a site where Raidatron is $100-$200 more than Radien?

13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It wouldn't surprise me if there was some site that tried that, but I don't know of it. The post I was replying to was saying Radien could be found in the same price range as Radiatron, but that often happens when using western retailers for the cheaper product and Asian sites for the more expensive one. That isn't a real comparison though when you can also go to an Asian retailer for the cheaper one as well.

14. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Never mind, I think it is all because I confuse myself between Raiden and Raidatron. Stupid me!

• Like Like x 2
  15. blurr95

Wouldn’t it still be worth it?

16. Darkseid1998

Darkseid1998 Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Raiden I priced using hasbropulse itself while Raidiatron I used BigbadToystore where my friend bought his.

• Like Like x 1
  17. solskjaer

News Credits:
    Don't worry about it. The question itself doesn't make sense at all.

No disrespect to BBTS but it will be my last resort unless I have absolutely no other choices

• Like Like x 1
  18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just posted this in the MPG thread, I figured I'd throw it up here too. I had only thought about how Raiden compares to other combiners in combined mode, I had not really given any thought to how he scales with standard MP figures in combined mode. Regardless of anything else seeing a combiner this size next to Rodimus (as well as Optimus and Megatron who are the same size) drove me into new levels of disappointment at Takara's "effort" even without spending a cent on it. Honestly I feel this says more about MPG Raiden than putting it next to Radiatron does. Screenshot from BSF's Raiden review.

Raiden Rodimus.png

• Like Like x 12
  19. EndoSickness

EndoSickness AKA Tim Kay's Nerd Crate

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    That thing is such a bad joke. It's mindboggling how anyone over there actually thought:
    "Yeah, that is fine and final. We can sell this, people will be happy we'll be ahead of everyone's game."

• Like Like x 5
  20. AliceBreckwith

AliceBreckwith Well-Known Member

Just watched the review. What a fucking trainwreck lmao

• Like Like x 6