Moon Studio Radiatron (Raiden)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trent (quoted below) showed it off very well

Yeah, those are Iron Factory. There has been no direct comparison, but looking at the lego track in these new pics compared to the legs on lego tracks on the first post I think they might be a little shorter.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Redinferno77

Redinferno77 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Lego Duplo
    [​IMG]
    Lego

I lean towards the Lego, possibly in the photos they are unofficial ways.... but it is possible that they are valid...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Redinferno77

Thank you, to buy Lego tracks, I will buy two sets on amazon... and I will upload the photos tomorrow when it arrives.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheLastPrime2893

TheLastPrime2893 ~TFRockStar2K21~

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the one. Couldn't think of it worth to save my life lol..

The 2nd pic seems about right. But either set would work perfectly with these guys, whichever you prefer..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are doing it I would also suggest reading some of Trent's other posts after the one I quoted where he discusses his experiences with it and things he feels wouldn't work out.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Redinferno77

[​IMG]

Another compatible option

• Like Like x 2
  7. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

What about actual modeltrain tracks? No offense to those who are more than fine with Lego tracks, but it looks like...Lego. I might just take one of the train-lads to a modeltrain store in the city and see on which ones they fit.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheLastPrime2893

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, he did mention the thing about the couplers as well and what to do to make it easier to connect/disconnect and not risk breaking the front and back parts off when dealing with them. If I can find the right tools, I can fix them as well..

Thanks, trying to keep my options open, so I can make the option best for me when I decide to get tracks for these guys. So far, so good..

Hmm, good point and question. Never thought of that..

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    None will fit. Moon made them sized to fit Lego tracks, period. There is no matching size of model railroad track.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but O-scale is about as close to what these Moon Studio trains scales are as it gets when it comes to standard model train scales. I have official O-scale tracks from Lionel and they do not work. I don't have any tracks from the other standard scales, but it's unlikely that any of those would work (or be any better than O-scale).

The 60205 Lego tracks do work, but anything more than a slight breeze causes derailment. The single-piece straight and curve tracks work best, flexible tracks are super prone to derailment. Switches also cause derailment more often than not. If they specifically designed these for 60205 Lego tracks, they could have done a better job. The wheels needed to be beefier and the folding hinges really needed to lock in better in train mode.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. TheLastPrime2893

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say it wouldn't hurt to try, but then again, I'm gonna have to with you on this one. Best bet would be Lego though..

12. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I believe you, but I am going to check anyway. I will have a nice excuse to look at pretty modeltrains.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheLastPrime2893

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lol. A bit more before we see Green Zone and the grand finale. Can't wait for that!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I think both sets look very well-done, but they do give a different vibe (to my eye at least). The MS versions look more toon-inspired to me-- not as if they were actually trying to outright mimic the cartoon models, but the proportions and details are "smoothed out" for figures that would fit in better with a toon-styled collection. The TT versions look more toy-inspired, less "cleaned-up", and more mechanical. The head sculpts in particular look very Diaclone-y to me. These are attributes that I personally prefer.

In my opinion, the contrast between these two sets is a good thing. It offers more choice to the collector.

• Like Like x 5
  15. TheLastPrime2893

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, MS was aiming more for the toon accurate style, so that pretty much makes sense in that dept. TTs version is more for train collectors and enthusiasts. Gotta hand it to Moon though, they really pulled off the last 2 figures quite well. But, there's still the fact that we haven't figured out which of the 2 members has the "wings" of Raiden. Everything else has been identified except that. Iron Arm comes with the combined mode gun, Ice Land and Dark Night has the ankle guns, Moon Shine, the chest plate and of course, the last 2 members with the hands. Almost forgot, the head is also with Moon Shine. Question is, does each of the last 2 members come with a "wing?"

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Not BUY pretty model trains? :D 
    I've spent quite a bit recently myself. (all imported from Japan even, but none are Raiden-related---though I did snag a Tomy-made part of JRX/Rail Racer)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. impossiball

impossiball Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheLastPrime2893

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember seeing those. Those are pretty cool too. How fast are they, btw?..

Thanks, my friend :) 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    I guess I'm an oddball with respect to my interest in the TT set, because I don't give a damn about trains and have never had an interest in collecting model versions of them (no offense intended to train enthusiasts!). I just like the fact that they're different from the usual cars, trucks, and jets of G1, and they have a Diaclone-toy aesthetic to their robot modes. They give me a nostalgia for the 80s toys even though I didn't even know about Raiden as a kid. My only issue with the TT figures is the price.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout In Existential Crisis Mode

News Credits:
    So, I reached out to BBTS regarding the missing tail light on my Getseui/Dark Night. I didn't expect much and as I said before it wasn't even a big deal for me... and then the super nice customer service rep gave me a full refund (via store credit), all because he was sold out, so they couldn't do an exchange or offer any replacement parts. :eek: 

I know how you feel with regards to having nostalgia for these guys, even though I didn't know about them as a kid either. I guess there's just something quintessentially G1 about them. If I had the money I'd probably get both sets because of it, if only for TT's absolutely beautiful train modes.

• Like Like x 3