Moon Studio Radiatron (Raiden)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Onslaught24, Mar 16, 2019.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Unless Zeta have mastered mass shifting I'm not sure how Kaen's lower legs magically increase to the size of the train bot below it. They certainly aren't that size when he's in robot mode. Also when you look at his alt mode it looks considerably longer than the others, with either end looking like it has Raiden's thigh detailing on the roof.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out. If there's no extra combiner parts, at 20" tall, I'm out. That thing won't be very stable being stood an a 9" bots thigh ratchets.

Edit - Zeta have already shown with their first release that they aren't afraid to use pants on a 6 bot combiner. Seems odd they go backwards when they've nigh on perfected the engineering now.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

I think maybe they've integrated the pants into Kaens Train mode. As in Kaen and the pants combine to make a train. To please all the lovers of fully integrated accessories, but in a less intrusive way than his hands and gun turn into robots too..

3. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That's my guess too but time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Look at Kaen's hips there is something new there that's also present in Zeta's Razorclaw, it's seems like the housing of very stiff ratchet.

5. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    So where is the mass that equals the size of a train alt mode in Kaen's lower leg in robot mode?

It's not turned sideways as there's no mass there either.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've spent too much time studying the prototype images, but if you look closely the parts are clearly there. Could Zeta fake it with a torso, yes, but it would cost way more than necessary to add in separate panels to fake the look of it being Kaen. If they were just going to make pants then it would make WAY more financial sense to make it cleaner with a smaller parts count. The panels that form Raiden's stomach fold up and are behind Kaen's head. Kaen's chest folds over to form the hip skirts, you can see the hinge at the bottom of the center of his chest, and the outer panel of the hip skirt can be seen behind the chest folded in on bot mode, and then folded out the same way on the outside of the chest in train mode to fill in the train side. The roof of the ends of the train that form his shins are separate pieces that rotate 180 degrees depending on the mode, no reason for the "pants" to be separate piece clearly designed to move independent of the thigh behind them if they aren't part of Kaen, and Octobotimus took the time on page 97 of this thread to circle a few other tabs and hinges that you can see clearly match in combined and bot mode such as where the bot mode foot folds out of the bottom of the combined mode thigh. I guess I can't say it is absolute, but it is at minimum 99.9% certain it really is Kaen.

The only parts I can say for certain I can't see how they are built in are the ankle guns (we have seen for certain they are separate pieces), the "wing" guns (which I'm expecting to come with the arm bots similarly to how the ankle guns are with the legs), and the chest shield. I'm not certain on the combiner hands and the combiner head, but I can at least see a place where they might potentially be built in pending seeing more pictures. The front end of all 3 of those trains are large blocks with few panels so the combiner parts might potentially be built in and then the whole block fill in the torso behind the chest, though I can't say that with significant confidence like I do with Kaen.

• Like Like x 4
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    His lower legs are massive compared to the other train bots….. and the combiner hips have tabs and engineering identical to his legs. It’s his legs. There’s no mass shifting going on, just people unable to visualize a 9” bot turning into pants I guess.

These aren’t car bot sized figures, this is a set of 6 figures larger than MP-10. They can easily make up the torso and pants.
    literally any of the photos instantly proves this has no add one outside of the head and maybe chest plate. You can blatantly see tabs and engineering from the legs on the train bots and combiner legs. The guy who makes the legs even has massive legs that are as wide as the whole train when other bots in the set have legs only as wide as half the train.
    97621CED-0CC0-4335-B8B6-AEA27F2D8CB4.jpeg 22EDA389-FDA3-42A0-8488-086E7639F8C9.jpeg
    B8E51EAE-997D-4502-AB18-EE9BF6D0403B.jpeg 68AE3A30-17D6-4948-96A6-F9FED263E240.jpeg 3635ED82-D3CC-4627-8EF4-FCCA8B03A0BA.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
  8. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I’ve never followed Raiden threads—- this is MP? Did I hear there was a legends version too?

9. IronSites

IronSites Obviously A Definitely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They are MP scale. There hasn't been a legends version announced but considering Zeta did a legends version of their Superion then it's a possibility. Of course not for a long while considering their Superion has been out for a while now and the legends version was only recently-ish reveled while this had yet to be released.

10. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I guess we'll see when more details come out

11. Roadbuster25

Roadbuster25 Well-Known Member

I am new to using ShowZ. Are they pretty good at helping if/when new figures like these have defects?

12. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The legends one is jizai toys or something like that. IIRC, they're the ones that made the toilet bot and jesus crucifix bot, so who the fuck knows how a legends raiden by them will be... :rolleyes: 

13. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

lol jizai

Reminds me of that meme that says Super Marios first name is itsumi...

Itsumi Mario :D 

• Like Like x 3
  14. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    lol... Letsago!

• Like Like x 1
  15. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

Pretty good. It takes a while, like a couple months waiting for parts. Don't know if BBTS or TFSource are any faster. But so far ShowZ has been able to help me with two issues I've had the past year.
    If you're waiting for Gigapower or Toyworld parts, well ShowZ can't get stuff the factories refuse to send.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No way it's a pantsformer. All the parts are there except maybe chest shield and head.

Thankfully so, Mama says pantsformers are the devil, and I'm inclined to believe her. Haven't bought one yet and never will.

• Like Like x 3
  17. phu van

phu van Well-Known Member

me too,i dont like part forming/fake part like zeta did on Bruticus and superion,so i just want to be sure before buy Ms 01 +02,

• Like Like x 2
  18. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

If you wanna be absolutely sure before you buy, then wait for Kaen. Once you see the transformation vids/reviews you'll know one way or the other 100%

Zeta makes 1000's of runs, it's not like they will sell out

19. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    It's pantsforming :) 

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Okay so out of curiosity I checked TFSource and it has all six components coming out within the next few months. Including two coming out yet "this month."

Is that even remotely realistic?