Monty Oum's RWBY

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by User_93049, Nov 6, 2012.

1. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After today's episode, how Jaune managed to get into Beacon Academy is now at the top of my list of things to ponder about.

2. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...I...Just..Heart/Love..Yang so much... :lol 

3. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

Also the fact why everybody seems to think he's a bit girlish.

The headmaster is kinda creepy. Not a good thing to watch before dinner. You kinda get creeped out when you think about him too much.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not sure why, but I can't access the Youtube upload of the latest episode through my 360's Youtube app. It's great watching the episode on my TV, rather than my computer screen. Gives me an idea of what it'll be like to own this on-disc.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of surprised there isn't more info about the "volume 1" set listed on Rooster Teeth's website. Just the number of episodes, or an idea of what to expect from the special features would be nice. I'm wondering if this first set will be worth it, or if it would be smarter to wait for a "first season" set. Assuming, that is, that this "volume 1" isn't RWBY's equivalent of a season.

Anyways, this just continues to get more interesting. Looking forward to seeing where they're taking these characters.

Which episode is that from? I don't remember seeing that scene...:inquisiti 

5. AAarcher221

Newest episode on the RT website.

6. User_93049

News Credits:
    You must be one of those people who don't go to the RT website and only watch on their YouTube channel. If you want to see the latest episode on your xBox, go and use the CrunchyRoll app for the 360. All the latest episodes of RWBY are on there.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Have to admit, I wasn't aware I was an episode behind due to watching the Youtube uploads.
    You make it sound so...negative. I would watch more stuff on the RT site itself if my computer could handle their player better...:eek: 
    Thanks for the tip. I'll look into that.

8. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I only found out about this show through Little V Mills' cover of the theme song.

9. JetFormers

News Credits:
    RWBY is more or so like a Movie that is split into 10 different scenes, but those scenes are split into another half for the online episodes on RoosterTeeth.com, each half of a scene is consider a episode. You might notice the trend on episodes names such as, The Shining Beacon Pt.1(Episode 1), and The Shining Beacon Pt.2(Episode 2), put those together it actually makes one whole scene. So all in all it's a Movie that has 10 scenes, but split in half to have 16 episodes online.

As for behind the scene type of stuff, expect a lot of it from RWBY. Like Red vs Blue they have a 2nd disc that contains behind the scenes. Since I'm following, RWBY's, RoosterTeeth, and Monty Oums twitters. They've said that we will find out the reason as to why, Norra says "Boop" to Ren, and most recently RoosterTeeth had a RWBY poster contest that had just ended, and all art entry will be feature on the 2nd disc including top 10 winners, and non-winners.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. Thanks for the nice and detailed explanation. Have they said if this "volume 1" is the entire 10 scene/16 episode story? I would hope so. I don't yet have a blu-ray player, and I'm actually contemplating getting the blu-ray copy of RWBY. That said, while the show is great, I'm not sure there would be enough improvement to a blu-ray over a DVD.
    Sounds interesting. I've been meaning to get the Red vs Blue series on-disc for a while now. A friend of mine has the first five season set, which I've borrowed before. Some of the special features for that set were great. Definitely looking forward to the one's they'll release for RWBY.

11. JetFormers

News Credits:
    On the Blu-ray/DVD version all episodes will be put together as a un-cut version. That's why I said on my last it's more or so like a movie. Hoped I helped you out.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks. I was hoping that was the case, but didn't want to assume. The fact that it's listed as "volume 1" threw me off, as every time I see that something is a "volume", I assume it's part of something, rather than the whole. It's why I hesitated buying the second season of Duck Dynasty. It's called "season 2 volume 1", but it's actually the entire second season. I still have no idea why they added the "volume 1" to it.

Now, the only decision to make is do I get the DVD or the blu-ray copy...:inquisiti 

13. JetFormers

News Credits:
    Me personally, I'm buying the Blu-Ray version...I like it that much.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm liking it quite a bit too, and even though I don't have a blu-ray player of my own, even I'm considering getting the blu-ray. I'm sure a friend of mine who has a PS3 will allow me to watch it over at his place in the mean time, so it's not like I won't be able to watch it at all. He's an anime fan and Red vs Blue fan, so I'm sure I won't have any issue convincing him to watch this. I would talk him into watching it now, but all I would hear from him from here till the disc version gets released is how short every episode is. He's a fan of Red vs Blue, but would constantly complain about the episodes being short. Then again he always waits for a full season of any show who's episodes aren't forty-five minutes or longer...then complains when a show he enjoys gets canceled due to low viewership...

15. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I have to say, I really like Pinkie Pi- I mean Nora.

Also, this episode is totally Dead Fantasy in style, just saying.

16. User_93049

News Credits:
    Woah. That was... Wow. A 10 minute episode with super giant monsters, the Fastball Special maneuver, a Magnus Hammer/MGL combo weapon, human slingshots, team battles, and bad heroic attempts.

I think Monty was watching Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children's fights, specifically against Bahamut SIN and Sephiroth.

17. Sir Spamsalot

Sir Spamsalot Well-Known Member

I really miss when rooster teeth was only rvb....

18. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

I kinda like the fact that RT's expanding beyond RVB, with the Acheivement Hunter Stuff, RWBY, and the Gauntlet, it feels varied. Something for everyone, and that ain't bad

19. AAarcher221

...I officially love Nora and Ren. Nora because of her bubbly personality and that nOOb TewB/Death-Rocket Hammer combo and Ren because...why the hell not?

Also, I'll never understand how Yang's gauntlet's could ever shoot that far. I know it has ammo to explain how it could shoot, but wouldn't it barely leave her arm past 3--7 feet w/o a barrel, not 20--30 feet?

20. User_93049

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Suck it, hater.