Monty Oum's RWBY

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Wrecker217, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 There's a 50 character limit to titles. Now you kn

News Credits:
    Another amazing fight scene by Monty. Love it.

Also, railgun/glaive/trident weapon is awesome.

[​IMG]

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised at this point that Torchwick will go and backstab the White Fang.

3. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    Undoubtedly. Although they outnumber him by a lot...

Also,

[​IMG]

4. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    ^^Those are guys I can trust with my life all right. :lol  (Not!)

Also I'd like to see a flashback of Yang's first visit to that bar. :lol 

5. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sun's Semblance was neat, looking forward to seeing it used against an opponent that's less likely to shrug it off without breaking a sweat.

Don't need a flashback, we've already seen it:

RWBY "Yellow" Trailer - YouTube

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty damned awesome episode. Team RWBY's definitely been practicing together a lot offscreen. They've got those combination attacks down to an art at this point.

7. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Talk about awesome team work. Got a serious Chrono Trigger vibe from how every possible combination of the team has their own special attack. I especially liked Ladybug, Checkmate and Bumblebee.

Now we know Sun's Aura power, projections of himself that pack quite a punch.

And oh boy, Neptune. Half Tesla Gun, half Trident? That's badass. I love how even the characters who are played for laughs (Season 1 Penny, Neptune) can be so cool when they're given the chance to shine.

Something I am missing though, is a bit of JNPR. Sure, these couple episodes have been RWBY-related because they're one continuous operation, but the last we've seen of Jaune was the food fight, and he wasn't particularly good in that, IMO.

8. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Taking Season 1 into account, we did just come off of Jaune's bully arc, though. So from a narrative standpoint, it's time for them to take the backseat. We'll probably be seeing more of them once Team RWBY regroups back at the academy.

I'm loving Weiss this season. I definitely get the impression that she was more like Ruby then she let on, with being raised as an heiress leaving her isolated and with poor social skills (and her seemingly rocky relationship with the rest of her family not really helping things). Her coping mechanism was to hide her insecurity through smug superiority, as opposed to Ruby's showboating. Now that she actually has friends and peers, you can see that she's earnestly taking steps to not be the "Ice Queen", but they come out as forced and awkward. It's adorable.

9. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    American-Made Anime From Rooster Teeth Gets Licensed In Japan | Adweek

RWBY getting itself a Japanese dub and RT's getting a full length feature film out next year. Their expansion is a sign of great things to come.

Also, relevant to today's episode :

[​IMG]

10. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Man, if they keep these 12-16 minute long episodes every week, I will be ecstatic. The length of these Vol. 2 episodes is making the show so much more worthwhile every week.

As for this latest episode, I think it was one of the strongest. Pyrrha's two fight scenes are among the best the show's had, for the sheer amazing choreography of it all. Both the fight with CRDL and with Mercury both felt so satisfying.

And then we got the awesome scene with the villains researching the various hunters/huntresses. I like the idea that Pyrrha isn't invincible, she just have a Semblance that can basically deflect enemy attacks.

11. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Cool episode. Nice to see the rooftop training dealie get some exposure. When they first used the word 'semblance' I thought it was just good vocab, but apparently it's aura jargon.

Just wanted to say, the trident function of Neptune's weapon offers no advantage. Like, I don't get it, it doesn't make sense. It's almost like they forced the apropos god of the seas weapon on a character named Neptune...

12. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Something tells me that Pyyrha has her own set of issues that she's keeping secret and I don't mean just her feeling like that Juane's paying more attention to Weiss then her. I'm getting the feeling that after Juane told her about her likely getting guys see her often that she feels like that she's becoming too good to the point of people not bothering to really interact with her more which was first brought up earlier at her last fight by one of Cinder's partners. Should be interesting to see more depth from her.

Also I got a kick of her kicking Cardin's butt in the arena. :D  Even if it was just a match Cardin had it coming for being a tool last season.

As for the news of RWBY being released in Japan that's really awesome that it's getting tons of exposure there and since WB Japan also confirmed that we'll be seeing some merchandising too perhaps this means we'll be getting Figma figures of the characters from RWBY. :D 

13. Wrecker217

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile, Jessica Nigri's char is sewing stuff for the dance.

14. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Totally a MvC3 air combo chain.

I've got kind of a bad feeling about the villain scheming, coupled with the fact that they're fleshing Pyrrha out more. This last episode was really doing its damnedest to paint Pyrrha as the "Ace" of the first-years, so it really feels like they're setting her up to take a fall in the near future. I really hope they don't kill her off. Maybe beat her up and cripple her to take her out of the immediate game, forcing Jaune to step up rapidly, but I'd be heartbroken if she got killed. She's too nice a girl to deserve that sort of treatment (although admittedly, it would be worth major shock value points...).

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah I wouldn't like it at all if Pyrrha just gets killed off well at least not this early. Not only does she deserve more fleshing out but I just can't see her as the kind of character that'll die. Maybe if she gets beaten to the point of being crippled for a while if not for good that'd be one thing.

16. bacon4e

bacon4e Resident Cheesehead

Pyrrah's getting good at throwing things up in the air, and then beating someone up before they land.

This is currently my favorite fight though, and they just keep getting better.

17. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I kind of don't expect anyone other than a villain to die. Maybe Glynda or Torchwood, but I'd be surprised if one of the main cast is to go.

18. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Since Cinder's plan is apparently to take their power away from them, maybe she'll lose her polarity power and have to rely on her own skill. That would be a shame, since she'll lose her Captain America shield power.

19. Wrecker217

News Credits:
  20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yang's scene with Blake was surprisingly touching. I did not expect to see Yang's more emotional side. The way she helped Blake out was pretty cool too as she knows what Blake's going through. If this isn't a hint about Cinder being Yang's mother seeing Yang's eyes flare up in the same scene I don't know what is

Also does anyone else here want to knock some sense into Juane because he's clearly not seeing that Pyyrha has feelings for him? I mean it's hard to see Pyyrah being down on the fact that Juane for now at least doesn't really sense her feelings for him even though she did help him out. So far I'm getting a feeling that this is going to lead into them having their bond shaken next episode then something terrible will happen to her by Cinder and her goons that'll get Juane to figure what her feelings for him though it might be too late. I dread it too because I really like Pyyrah and I hate to see her be in more pain then what she's going through already. :(