Monster Hunter

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Argroh Valdios, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Generations Ultimate, for those who like their monster-hunting a bit more old-school :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Arch-Tempered Xeno'jiiva confirmed to appear November 15th. If you thought those lasers hurt before, you ain't see nothing yet.

[​IMG]

3. saitoh155

saitoh155 Seeker

Good........ Even more reason to kill that big glowy bastard.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

DLC expansion! Another region, more monsters, more ways to die embarrassingly in front of your cat :D 

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

And... it's almost a year away. A year and a half between launch and expansion is just too long. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it had come out at any time this year, but that late... who knows.

6. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dang it I thought someone made a game based on Larry Correia‘s book.

7. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

You realize that Monster Hunter expansions (otherwise known as G or U versions of existing games) are generally huge, right? This isn't some trash-tier rip-off expansion like Bungie shits out for Destiny games.

8. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Beyond the new ice world, I believe we're also getting extra monsters added to the previous locales. I hope we get the Ukanlos/Akantor duo. Those things are awesome.

Oh, and more turf wars, gotta have more of those.

In addition, there's rumours abound from dataminers that specifies the appearance of Alatreon, an elder dragon renowned for being so ridiculously powerful that all things fear it.

9. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, absolutely. Especially since they've already teased Nargacuga, and as far as I know he isn't in ice regions.

And I would love to see Alatreon show up.

10. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Coming late January is the Appreciation festival, celeberating World's 1-year anniversary. Like the other festivals, it gives you access to all event quests, new skins and armours, spruces up the Hub, so on and so forth. It will run into late February, so there's plenty of time to farm them event items.

A new event quest will feature The Greatest Jagras, in which players will fight the most powerful Jagras of all, seeking revenge for all the lizards we've been bullying. Soon after we'll face the final arch-tempered variant, Nergigante, in early Spring, alongside the game's collaboration with Witcher 3.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Next week, we'll see the arrival of ancient leshen, an older and more powerful version of the new monster, essentially the tempered/arch-tempered version. Keep them igni signs handy!

12. boxorak

boxorak Lovable Noob

Say, any tips for the Leshen fight? It took me almost an hour the first time and I got carted twice.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

-Use the Igni sign as often as you can. It does decent damage, stuns it, and removes the crow shield/any vine barriers. I would definitely recommend using it whenever the leshen tries to switch areas; you have enough time after it roars, if you're close enough, to sheath your weapon and burn it before it vanishes, and get some extra damage on it.
    -It's weak to poison, so use the poison knives from the camp box. It also likes to teleport behind you, so take advantage of that to lure it into traps, such as the boulders and the poisoncups. If you've been gathering, you can also craft some toxin bombs.
    -It can be paralysed by the paralysis knives and get some free damage, but you must land all five of them. You can also try luring it to a paratoad.
    -Slinger ammo can knock it out of its teleporting if you time it right. Take advantage of this to stagger it. Dragon pods and slinger bombs are great at this.
    -If the Jagras mobs give you trouble, use a flashpod to stun them. Flashes also work on the leshen, though it recovers quickly. Try to leave one Jagras alive so the leshen isn't prompted to summon more.
    -Aerial attacks, especially from the hammer, are effective if it's hanging near a ledge, since they reach the head, its weakest point, more easily. Or use a ranged weapon, ha.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Iceborne!

New monsters! An antler-toting brute called Banbaro, a snow shark called Beotodus, and the new Elder Dragon, the feathery icy fiend Velkhana.
    Old monsters! Nargacuga returns, able to go toe-to-toe with Rathalos, and it won't be the only one!
    This gone be good :D 

And a cool pic of Fatalis too :p 
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

MORE Iceborne!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And a little Glavenus teaser at that! Rumor is this poster may be more than promotional.

[​IMG]

17. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Such a great looking game and I have zero confidence I’ll be good at it...

18. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I've tried and tried to get into World.. Just can't. Prefer classic or Dauntless myself.

19. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Kickass fight right here. Between this and Nargacuga vs Rathalos, looks like each intruder to the locale goes toe-to-toe with the local apex, plus a flagship scrap between Nergal and Velkhana. Badass!

When all else fails... the hammer won't. Have faith in the hammer.

20. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

...how the fuck are you unable to get into World but can play Jank Hunter and Fortnite Hunter just fine? That literally makes no sense to me.