Mondo Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by iamste, Jul 2, 2015.

1. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Can we all take a second to appreciate the new direction Mondo is going with their collectible route? I just thought it was gonna be the odd one off but they really seem to be going for the high end collectible action figure route.

Idle Hands: SDCC 2015 Preview: MONDO's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The 1st Hellboy & Comic-Con Plans

first hellboy design
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

new TMNT 1:6 scale figures (come with either red bandanas or the four diff colours)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and of course the Iron Giant figure which I have been patiently waiting to get my hands on since pre-ordering him

[​IMG]

there's a bunch more they've done, including a model of the first turtle and some vinyl tmnt figures. The interview posted above explains how they got permission to do this stuff (basically it was different enough and the price point was different than what playmates were doing, so nick gave the go-head first time asking).
    Can't wait, I hope they get the opportunity to fill out the Neca stuff and give us a shredder, i know they're going to be doing a MOUSER pack that's in scale with them as well.

[​IMG]

Mondo

2. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

First Turtle vinyl and Lil' Mikey

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I knew about the Iron Giant and have one ordered...but those 1/6 Turtles...OMG. When and how much?

4. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Previewing Leo at SDCC and the price is TBD. I expect a lot, though :( 

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I hope not. They look good but not over $100 good.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    It's really hard to say with the 1/6 scale market since the average hovers around $200 these days, with some going beyond that and a few still at reasonable prices. Iron Giant is $300, but he's also 16" tall. Turtles will probably have more accessories and paint applications. My prediction is $200 for each one.

7. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    My god, those turtles...

8. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Those giant turtles are awesome... but the tail placement in the pics... um, yeah...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    :lol  I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. Even the Turtles are excited by Mondo!

One little nitpick, which is just a preliminary nitpick and not yet a full fledged nitpick, but on the two turtles shown they both have identical scratches and wear marks on their belly shells. It's not a big deal, and if it helps reduce cost I'm all for it, but it would be nice to have different wear patterns for each Turtle to help individualize them. Idential cuts and dings are going to be more noticable in this size. It would never be an issue for me personally since I would likely only get one of them anyway, but I just thought I'd point it out.

10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I'm concerned that I'm the first to notice... :eek: 

Were the original turtles duplicates of each other, besides the color, head, and accessories?

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I'd say these things have got a while before they see release, so theres always the chance they'll do different things to them.

:lol  nah I couldn't not see them when i first got my Neca turtles, not I guess I'm just blind to it?

As far as I remember they all shared the same basic body but had different head sculpts and belts/weapons

12. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering Lil Mikey has like 3 points of articulation and is only 9 inches tall and sold for $105, I expect these to go for a lot more. I would be surprised if they were less than $200.

I would love to get all 4 but don't really want to drop that kind of cash on them. At the very least I would be in for a Donatello.

13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Ah, see, I never noticed that they have the same tails on the small Neca figures, but I was looking at the detail on the above Leo pic... and then suddenly...

That's what I thought, but couldn't remember. At least they varied the skin color for these 1/6 figures.

14. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Yeah, every time I turn and look at my book case :lol 

[​IMG]

15. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Traditionally yeah, the turtles always share the same bodies (although I think one of the recent Raph's has a big cut in his shell). What I was saying is that on this larger size the shared details such as the little scars and such may be more noticeable than they are on the small figures.

In any case, it's nothing I'm worrying about, just a thought.

16. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

oh yeah no I get what you're saying, totally. I was saying before I wouldn't be surprised if that changes though, as these are just test models and stuff :) 

Also the new playmates turtles actually all have different bodies, I was confused and thought we were talking about the retro classics etc.

17. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

Mondo-SDCC-2021-Livestream-008.jpg Mondo-SDCC-2021-Livestream-007.jpg Mondo-SDCC-2021-Livestream-006.jpg Mondo-SDCC-2021-Livestream-004.jpg Mondo-SDCC-2021-Livestream-005.jpg

I've never been interested in their previous MotU figures, mainly due to issues I see in their joint design but the She-Ra looks good. I hope they have test sample images ready soon. I wasn't able to get the 2016 SDCC She-Ra 1/6 scale exclusive but this one by Mondo looks like a good alternative for a 1/6th figure.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I honestly really wish I was into 1/6th because I personally think all of the Mondo stuff looks amazing. Just way too far out of scope and budget for my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay Mondo finally got me. I'm going to have to get Blue Hordak and probably She-Ra too.

• Like Like x 1
  20. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    I'm chiming in this thread since you guys are talking about Mondo stuff. :D 

I have the 1/6th Skelly (sans Cosmic Key) and it was very good that I got for $170 (converted into USD from CND) and was aiming for Hordak a few years later.

Guess what?? I passed as it was priced at $250 USD for the regular and $260 USD for the Deluxe (helicopter blades and other added stuff and sold out in a flash). So basically Hot Toys pricing for a Animated 1/6th figure. Mondo made changes from the prototype Hordak to what is being listed as for right now.

That Man-at-Arms is an exclusive only to their website and will possibly cost $260 USD. I have a feeling that these figures posted by @Convotron will be in the $250 USD price range.

Head over here if you guys want more details:

Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

• Like Like x 2