Mom & dad had a fight yesterday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And the "S" word was thrown out.And when I say the "S" word I don't mean S*$t I mean SEPARATION

And I'm really scared about that :( 

I wouldn't care if I didn't live here.But I do so I can't help it.

A BIG part of the reason is IMPO my younger brother's fault.In 2004 my brother made the UNFORTUNATE decision(I don't call it a mistake since at 22yrs he was old enough to know about sex & pregnancy)to have sex & impregnate his then gf.He says he used condoms & if that's true then that's scary.And the gf's mother is apparantly racist & don't want a mixed baby in their family

Him having a child under my parents roof is a real strain.And honestly I saw this coming.It doesn't help that my brother has inherited my dad's Alpha Male tendencies.So that causes SERIOUS conflict between him and dad.As you know 2 Alphas can't co-exist peacfully

My hope is that this blows over,I mean the word was thrown out in anger & heated emotion.So I seriously hope that in a few days this blows over.From my experience when things are said in heated emotion it tends to blow over.

What a way to start off 2006 :redface2:  :thumbdown 

*EDIT*

My mom's going to Grenada with her brother and sister.Hopefully her 2 weeks away will help things out a little bit

2. Elvin Pena

Elvin Pena CyberCon is #1! Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm really sorry you've got to deal with this man. Hopefully, as time passes, cooler heads will prevail and an acceptable solution to the problems can be found. You know if there's anything you need, feel free to let us know.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    wow, I hope things work out. my parents got divorced when I was 18. it wasn't horrible, but it sucks seeing it as an adult and the emotional changes that your folks go through.

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I should be thankful that I only heard the word "Separation" and NOT "Divorce"

From what a Google search said,at least with a separation there's a decent chance for reconciliation

But seriously I hope my intuition is right and this was just Anger/heated emotion talking.

I mean people do use words like that in the heat of the moment w/o following through right?

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    take care dude. with personal problems at least you have responsibility in resolving issues. with parents, you cant dictate them, man, so best of luck.

6. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Hang in there man. Seems like they just want some time to themselves and let cooler heads prevail. My parents were divorced when I was only 2 or 3 and I lived majority of my life apart from them so I am quite envious of people who have a real family to live with. Cherish your parents and don't take them for granted.

7. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear that. :(  Couples often throw out things they don't mean when they argue. I hope everything works out.

8. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX Well-Known Member

It's all your fault. Don't forget that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going to say two things. One, I'm sorry to hear you're seeing this. And two, if it does happen, sometimes, it's for the best. It's tough to see that when it's happening right in front of you, but a few years out from my parents divorce, and I know now what I should have known then, which is, it needed to happen. Probably long before it did. They're both better off. And I don't have to play go-between anymore.

I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does, I hope it's swift and worked out amicably between them without using you kids as a buffer.