ModNation Racers - make things, race things - Official thread of PSP & PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UnicronHound, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot more balancing. I stopped playing campaign (partially because of WFC), because the computer made me want to throw my controller. And most of this was due to almost winning a match and being knocked back by a cheap weapon.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    How do you manually add an item of choice onto your track and how do you remove the ones the computer generated automatically?

I've been round and round its annoying wheel option design and can't find it.

Also i'm not a fan of the whole spinning/sideswipe thing, all it really does is make you fuck up.

Bought a bunch of games (Demon Souls, Modnation and Metro 2033) this weekend and not happy with any of them :(  All because I was bored with no WFC to play :lol 

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually scared shitless of Demon Souls. I'm afraid of flinging my controller at my new TV. Never heard of Metro.

As for removing items created by the computer, I'll check this afternoon, but the levels I created were from clean slate, so I never allowed the computer to populate for me. I think in those instances, it was just selecting the object and pressing triangle.

Play my level and let me know what you think. I painstaikingly put every goddamn palm tree on that level, lol.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I had to have the computer auto generate as I simply couldn't find the manual option. I'll give your level a go, once I get home :) 

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I hope you get WFC soon. Smasher and I had a fucking blast going through the campaign. Smasher said something about being naked.

And yes, I will gladly play the same levels again.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you're just trying to get 1st (or in the top 3) in every race, it's not TOO bad, though sometimes the difficulty can be uneven. (Mt. Pain is REALLY tough against AI, but the one after it, Crazy Crater or summat like that, is fairly easy once you know the course.) Though this is keeping in mind that about 1/3rd of the games I play are racing games, so it may be easier for me than for you. Some of the "extra" win conditions-- like getting 3 Sideswipes in a certain area while ALSO getting first-- are just insane, though.

I don't particularly mind the power-ups, though. They seem like standard kart racing fare. I mean, at least you can block them if you have the boost.

The main problem I have with this game-- and maybe it has to do more with users than the game itself-- is that, because you have to download tracks and mods and karts instead of just having them temporarily being "used" like in LittleBigPlanet, AND because you can't do XP races on custom courses, almost no one tends to download stuff. In LittleBigPlanet, my least-popular level had about 30 play-throughs in one month. Now, even though I have 1 mod, 1 kart, and 2 tracks up, only my Toad mod has been downloaded by anyone but my friend who plays the game on a different account on the same system, and even Toad only has 5 downloads.

Oh, and Recall- the undo button works wonders if you made a mistake, otherwise manually selecting an object and deleting it with the triangle button is the best way to go.

7. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm more or less done with this game now unless some game-altering DLC comes out for it, but here's my last batch of stuff I've made. (I've also beaten everything in the Career mode, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.)

First off, my big project-- the Jet Twins!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I know the vehicle modes aren't too close of a match-- the kart creator isn't quite THAT versatile, after all-- but I did them so you can have one of them pilot the other, like so:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I've also created Crafty Canyon, a track laden with traps:
    ModNation Racers - Crafty Canyon