MMC Trux (IDW Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by maxenoughcolt, Sep 23, 2017.

1. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

most reformatted figures are retooled into something/someone else right? i wonder if this guy will be and who he'd be? eitehr way i think he looks more grimlock-like than the idw design.

2. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    BW Megatron maybe? I might be in on that.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yes, the mold is already intended to be shared by BW Megatron.

I’m not sure there are renders here in the thread, but it has been mentioned before.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chainlink

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Sweet. Since I'm already happy with Severo for my Grimlock, I may just hold out for that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Severo tempted me quite a few years ago, but I never bit, largely cause I wasn’t too into his dino mode. Still, Severo’s G2 bot mode was very nice, too. And, FansProject’s throne was a pretty wicked lil production.

Also, I do adore that FansProject included weaponizers with their dinobots... I just wish they’d also released them separately, and not as preweaponizer, non transforming figures. :p 

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

Has an updated image of this one's alt mode been shown? I thought there was a lot of assurances that the neck/head was being reworked from those early stages... Or is it the thick tail base that's the problem?
    In any case, at least this is showing intent to be a horizontal stance theropod instead of a Gojira-waddle-saurus type. Severo was... more on the "almost" side than "there" and had that gila monster tail to it.

It's (I feel) an inherent flaw to the conversion scheme for Grims. You basically have to have the beast mode proportions compromised in some way to get the hefty robot Grimmy is supposed to be.

Planet X had it really good on the tail, but they achieved that by making it have some baby-making hips on the rex, just like FP Severo.

I just don't see a way to get that more streamlined beast mode if one insists that "rex hips = bot shoulders" also requires those joints to remain fixed relative to the solid-piece bot chest throughout the conversion. But I didn't major in engineering either.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

I tend to agree, but I'm also not sure how well that is gonna work out. Sure, paint him purple and give it a Megatron head, but the way Grim' and BW Megs transform result in very different 'bot modes. Time will tell, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jamiec1979

Jamiec1979 Well-Known Member

I will buy this as soon as the pr order shows up at chosen prime, but I wish they would make the scavengers to go with him. I know it's a long shot but I would buy them all in a heart beat.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Chainlink

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I don't really care. I'm all for re-imagined designs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Tan Yifan on Instagram

no-scavengers.png

For those who want an accurate version, given Ismenios vs. D-Zef, I think the upcoming Planet X one might fit the bill better? Not to mention, given MMC's current queue and the relatively slow speed they get through production, the Planet X one might be out much sooner.
    Planet X , IDW not Grimlock?

I don't remember whether there were any specific promises about what they were changing in the design. But so far from what we've seen, it's mostly been sculpted details and the addition of the ab crunch. Granted the dino head and tail are not visible in the latest renders.

Brown and purple Transmetal Megatron.:)  (The original tail render is a dead giveaway). Not sure that they'll have the skates or the dino hip VTOLs.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Potentially, they may not bother. Or, they both have secret roller skates and jets. Or they do just make it all new for Megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    But we haven't actually heard anything from Planet X. Just the original "Happy New Year" image with a silhouette of what appears to be IDW Grimlock. As far off as Trux might be we've at least seen signs of life there.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Ok. Call it what you want. I took a tape measure to mine. Its sitting right on my kitchen table. Right next to kadmos. My measurements are accurate. Dont want to accept them, whatever floats your boat.

14. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    old photo of mine to the rescue. :lol 

[​IMG]

Official product description:
    But sure keeping hex straight legged is something you basically never do with the mold since he has those awful flaps and weirdly placed leg ratchets from what I recall so he does indeed spend most of his time in a 9 inch A stance if anyone's still got him on display these days.

Does however mean this grim is 9.5 since he's got nice legs for standing on.

• Like Like x 4
  15. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    *still has his on display*

Admittedly there's better G1 styled Sixshots out there now but I do love the more unique styling on Hexatron.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

I like them too, I'm just saying we won't know how well BW Megs fits in this model until we see it. Hopefully rather well, I'd be all over it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    Just curious how would you rate severo as a figure? I've always to get one but the timing was never right.

• Like Like x 1
  18. er4smiths

er4smiths MP Grimlock v2.0

News Credits:
    5/10

• Like Like x 4
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    This is making me looking forward to see how they'd a BW Megatron from this. Especially if he ends up looking good next to POTP Optimal Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chainlink

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Dino mode is a bit goofy, but the robot mode is all sorts of badass. Articulation's kinda meh; Would like more in the shoulders, and I feel some of the joints loosening up. There are certainly worse figures out there.

Personally, I love him. But thinking unbiasedly, er4smith's 5/10 seems fair. Maybe a 6.

• Like Like x 3