MMC THUNDERCLASH SHOULDER COLOR VOTE

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by LazyAza, Jul 20, 2017.

?

What Color Do You Want MMC Thunderclashes Shoulders To Be?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2017.
  1. OPTION A: WHITE SHOULDERS!

96 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. OPTION B: TEAL SHOULDERS!

121 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. I'm not fussed either way, white or teal is fine.

16 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At this point I'd still rather some high quality stickers over swappable shoulder pieces. I mean they both work find for me. Whatever will prevent me from having to mix colors together and painting it...

2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Option D: It doesn't matter, it's still gonna clash. :D 
    Gosh that character has an ugly color palette!

• Like Like x 2
  3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hmm thinking of an alternate approach now I hadn't before that would address my problems with the teal but also make the teal people happy but not sure if it'll be doable:

thundertealfix.png

• Like Like x 11
  4. doom saber

doom saber Member

Looks a bit better.

5. Thunders

Thunders Member

They're blue in the comics. Maybe make the panel behind his head white.

6. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like this. Has the blue around the yellow squares, with the shoulders being primarily teal. Really works IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thunders

Thunders Member

Looks great! Can the panel behind his head be white with the maroon in alt mode painted on? It's easier to paint a darker color on white as opposed to vice versa.

8. MrAlphaT_WFCTX_121144

MrAlphaT_WFCTX_121144 Active Member

Wow, this is really unprofessional on some many levels, are you trying to make the best most accurate figure or push your own agenda here? Not trying to be rude, but you're really not taking the rebuke on the white well and are not behaving in a way I'd expect a person representing a high tier company like mmc to behave.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Teal, and when Nautica or Firestar or one of the other Camiens from his group happen, include replacement white shoulders

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks good, but maybe leave the teal off of the white panels that cover the feet. I like the white running down the middle of the alt mode with the teal being regulated to the sides on the shoulder panels.

11. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Initially no I didn't because I couldn't see the teal working for our particular design. This thread exists to convince me otherwise and I'm already changing my tune.

Also lol agenda, nothing of the sort just my unfiltered honesty. People kept nagging me to make them teal, I have explained why I didn't want to do that. I see no problem with getting some brutally honest feedback, I laid my cards on the table. This isn't exactly a professional way to go about things but I felt it had to be done.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  12. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

13. ki1983ng

ki1983ng Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I voted white but this is a pretty good alternative.

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Vote is set to 2 days now, I assume teal will continue to be a little higher than white by then. Even if it wins we can always potentially make a set of white shoulders some other time if not include them with the initial release so we'll see. Thanks for taking the time to voice opinions doods.

Edit: reworded a lot of my points from the first post, now realize I probably did phrase myself far too harshly initially and it certainly was a little too unprofessional. Apologies to all.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Zawicki

Zawicki Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight

News Credits:
    Not gonna vote cause I won't be buying this but i think white looks better.

16. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I'm good with either colour as long as I get me some Clash! It is a great looking figure regardless of shoulder colour.

But I have to say this tweak certainly looks very nice indeed and would be my preferred option.

Without knowing if it is even possible, would having detachable and switchable shoulder parts be possible? Then people could get all kinds of crazy and have one white and one teal just for larfs. I certainly appreciate the inclusion of the alternate head for Dicamus, and options are always nice.

17. ubik

ubik Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I have sympathy with wanting to be comic accurate, but I think white just looks better in bot mode which is how I will display it. The teal breaks up the form too much.

18. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah I've already asked the boss if we can potentially just make both sets of shoulders. Which would make this entire thread redundant. I do believe they're held on with screws or at least mounted on hinges that would require dissassembling the upper arms in order to swap out. But I dunno if production wise it's something that we can do without the cost adding up a tonne is the thing. Ideally we wouldn't be forcing people to have to take a screwdriver to the figure at all either but if it's the only way to make that possible it's the best outcome I could hope for.

• Like Like x 1
  19. UnderChromey

UnderChromey Member

I voted for teal, as I think there's too much white in the alt mode and in the comic his alt mode very clearly has chunks of teal.
    However I would like to bring up one of the reasons I think it doesn't look right. I don't get what's going on with the front of the vehicle mode.
    Thunderclash should have his chest crest design clearly on show in both modes, it's a prominent design element for the character. That block of maroon/white covering it up in vehicle mode looks messy and entirely unnecessary; I'm not entirely sure where it goes in robot mode so if it's important there or not.
    Remove that maroon, keep that colour to the rear of the vehicle mode, make the front entirely white with the teal and the whole thing will look a lot cleaner and more accurate to the source material.

Oh also, I very much favour that image you posted further into the thread. I like the teal going over the top in the alt mode as I think it ties the teal at the sides in together a bit better, and again is closer to the design in the comic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    We're already working on that boss is having the cockpit redesigned. I've already suggested flattening it out and widening it slightly so it can look more like the comic cockpit which will allow the chest detail to be fully visible.

We're also reworking the head already as well, and I already pointed out we're making the main foot parts blue. So a lot of things will be tweaked/improved with the design going forward.

• Like Like x 5