MMC Talon - Black Replacement Talons

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Dr. Killinger, Sep 15, 2014.

1. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Still hoping for some extra Claws.. thats all what I really want so I can complete my Rex...

Or maybe someone can, I dunno, duplicate theirs for those who want them?

2. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatron has already agreed to do another run of claws once his scheduled is cleared, no ETA but they are coming.

3. tempy

tempy Well-Known Member

Sweet beans! Thank you DR.K for the info and for all your hard work! My patience will be rewarded I can feel it! haha! Seriously though that made my day. I can wait some more.
    Also thank you Megatron for agreeing to do this. That is awesome!

4. haw1144

haw1144 Well-Known Member

So those of us who haven't requested a refund can still wait it out for the talons? Sweet!

5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Mine disintegrated upon arrival. The magnets fell out, and a few pieces of the talons themselves broke off and crumbled. I ended up tossing mine :( 

6. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Other then the magnets falling out, I don't see how that was possible unless the resin was bad, but they all came from the same last batch.

Either way, if you got pics I'll happily replace or refund.

7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any updates on this?

8. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    Still waiting on my talons, claws, and swords.

9. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PM me or email your payment info, I got talons I can ship you, but no claws or swords, so I will refund you those and let you know when I have more stock in case you want to reorder. No sense holding on to your money any more.

10. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Sorry, I had already tossed them when I wrote that. There were black plastic "chunks" that had crumbled off from the rear talons where the would connect with the rest of the feet. There were a little bit of these chunks and some fine black powder and smaller "pebbles" in the bag.

11. Morrowseer

Morrowseer Member

What Flight stand did you use for Talon?

12. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    ...you have talons you can ship? I paid on the first day orders opened and haven't seen anything. You shouldn't have any talons sitting around if the pre-orders haven't been sent out. :confused: 

13. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Doubtful it was the resin. more than likely it was either the putty used to fill in air bubbles and it was probably the black paint used to paint over the putty. ;)  then again, who knows... i might be wrong.

also, I was told by the good dr. to use crazy glue on the magnets so they wouldn't fall out because I has the very same issue. but... my talons didn't crumble into dust, they are quite durable and sturdy just like he promoted in his video.

you do know that he posted he had some talons left over from bad batches due to having air bubbles right? he fixed them up himself with putty and painted them up just so he could be able to give folks what they paid for. he could have just refunded people without doing that. ;) 

Be aware, they might not have metal pins going through them, the toes are held on by magnets that wasn't the Dr's choice if memeory serves. which means it won't stand too well in bird mode. and my toes tend to fall off sometimes during transformation.

the magnets are my only gripe because I love having my Talon Perched on top my shelf looking down at my while on my computer. Hopefully in the future metal pins are used in place of the magnets just like on the originals that came with him from MMC.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  14. rek11

rek11 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Agreed. I paid $35.00 for claws and talons almost a year ago. Never saw anything. And dont tell me I have to send in a refund request: its very simple "if you dont have the product..you refund the customers money". You have paypal transactions as records and im sure you know which customers orders you filled and which ones you didn't (if you don't then....need I say more?) This was my first introduction into the Doctors offerings. Needless to say im very disapointed having received no product. Oh well. We live and we learn. $35.00 gone. If I receive a refund ill report it here. But I wouldn't bet on it and I certainly wont order anything else until this is corrected. I will say no more on the issue.

15. Dr. Killinger

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Folks, first and foremost I need to apologize for any delays, and while there was production issues, the fault ultimately lies with me. My bad record keeping and Paypals new system didn't help things either. Learned a lot from doing these last few offerings, and moving forward with new products none of the past mistakes will be repeated, mainly no preorders, just orders when I have the item in hand.

With that said, I'm totally out of talons now, so if I still owe you product or a refund, send me a Pm or email and I will get your money refunded.

Really Sorry to those who wanted them but couldn't get them, if you still chose to buy products from GCI in the future, I will find a way to make things right with you.

16. rek11

rek11 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To all,

The good Doctor saw my post and immediately sent a full refund. My faith in him has been restored and when the opportunity arrises would be happy to order more product.

Thank you Doc for making this right.

17. rreynol

rreynol Member

So I guess not everyone who ordered really early in the process is getting anything. Great. What email address do I need to contact to get my money back. Mind you I'm still waiting on swords and claws that were paid for over a year ago. Should I just get my refund on those as well?

18. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

@DR K - I have to admit, it might be nice for an update about what still is and isn't going ahead from GCI.

There seems to me to be things that are still going when stock comes in (eg. shotguns and sniper rifles), things that are on hold but will be redone (eg. claws), and things that are done and won't be redone (talons).

Maybe if people knew what was possibly still coming and what to just give up on it might make things a bit easier.

19. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    So when you say you don't have any more talons that means you sent mine out in that last batch?

20. Krooked

Krooked Well-Known Member

this whole fiasco was handled so poorly.