MMC Reformatted version of Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 3, 2016.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I love the cockpit, though I think the cannon from MTMTE is more iconic:
    618dac297cc2f4568b85fddf4765b087--transformers-megatron-megatron-mtmte.jpg
    I'd never seen him with the triangular cannon, then again I'm not a fan of the way he's drawn in your reference--that said, the cannon you're working on makes a great Animated cannon, so it works either way! Great work.

• Like Like x 6
  2. solskjaer

solskjaer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am interested and looking forward to the final product.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Panel from LL 24:
    E94FEAE3-81F1-4CF6-87F1-7E838643AA34.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Yeah, I think that's actually the same panel he or she used as a reference, I'd just never seen it--I dropped LL like a sack of potatoes when I found out Milne wasn't coming back. I read Transformers comics for the art, the plot's just kinda there...I'm very picky about comics that I read as literature (Alan Moore's a favorite), I tend to be the type that would rather read something of substance (speaking of which, I really need to re-read The Brothers Karamazov...for the third or fourth time) if it isn't packed with pretty pictures. Either way, it's great work, I wish Animated would get more love.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I ultimately ended up skipping this guy mainly because I did not like his cannon and the empty forearms squares. I already had Rioter Despotron too. I still love this design, and now with a Shapeways option for a new cannon or two, I may finally break down and buy him to be my "Autobot Megatron" or "pre-war Megatron". I really don't have any interest in the comics, though his design is amazing, and I like the idea of his turning over a new leaf, and making Galvatron the new Decepticon leader.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    yeah i dropped off at the first issue when i saw the cover art. i opened it up to confirm it wasnt just a guest artist for the cover, and nope.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

This looks cool! I ordered the rounded Shapeways cannon--will probably gloss it up.

I feel more and more like this figure was a missed opportunity. If you essentially took Generations Springer's basic transformation, tweaked a few things and made the wheels into tank treads, you could have an Animated/Tank triple-changer.

• Like Like x 2
  8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I can understand preferring the other one, its definitely more intimidating. I'll consider making a version at some point, but I've got a big list of things ive been intending to make haha

Anyways, I printed it out and it fits his arm plug perfectly. So I'll definitely upload it somewhere soon. I guess I should try Shapeways?

Also, I did a little bit of editing to it, but I'm open to some suggestions before putting it online. I'd like it to be as close to the source material as I can, so if I'm missing a detail, give me a heads up
    cannon.png

• Like Like x 3
  9. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I have this fig and feel it’s 98% perfect, sans the stock canon (get it?). Canonical cannon? but I digest.
    In mtmte he didn’t really have his cannon so the fig is good to go in that regard, like cannonless.
    It’s okay much like the fact that I detest rhis toys altmodes but they were never referenced, so I don’t need them at all. Character was literally always a robot.

But in the few instances the cannon was shown in mtmte, i only recall it being shown with a g1 style ion cannon, and this would love to see a nice, non-shapeways option to show it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Animated Leader Meg's cannon would be a good stand in for this, it's the same shape and detail but might be a little too long for this guy. Personally, I'd only be interested in this cannon if it opened up into a toolkit like it did in the comic. Other then that, there isn't a reason to me to even bother with a cannon replacement.

• Like Like x 1
  11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Here’s a low quality print on a blue PLA, tossed a bit of black spray paint and a touch of red on it just to give it the right colors.
    I didn’t spend too much time on painting it as I’m gonna print it at a higher quality sometime soon, this was just done to see if it fit correctly.
    97CB7FE8-6555-4018-B136-934BC681BD35.jpeg
    Anyways, I’d like to do the toolkit, but I’m not sure it’s feasible on my current printer, even if I were to design it. Maybe I’ll give it a try this weekend.

Either way this one is up on shapeway if anyone wants it, I can toss it on thingiverse as well if there’s any interest in printing it yourself.
    Co-Captain's Cannon (IDW Megatron's Cannon) by TheeStampede on Shapeways

• Like Like x 7
  12. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He was slowly making progress there for a bit, but it looks like Mr. Parallel Hatch Lines is back...

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

I actually like when he does that. It makes it more visually interesting to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    There are ways to add detail and visual interest without relying on the same basic grade-school drawing technique over-and-over again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

True. Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. godotislate

News Credits:
    The ones on the legs and torso aren't without basis in a standard Megatron design, but the arms really push it over the top.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mx-01 archon

News Credits:
    Yeah. If it was just the sides of his legs, then it'd be referencing his usual gun handle texture and I wouldn't have a problem with that. But there's his forearms, the backs of his hands, and the front of the tank...

• Like Like x 1
  19. godotislate

News Credits:
    The forearms and the front of the tank are the same piece, so if he fixed that, it's two birds with one stone!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

That's not a cannon, it's a portable Medical kit/ did-megatron-turn-bad-again cliffhanger plot device.

• Like Like x 1