MMC Reformatted version of Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 3, 2016.

1. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    So it is one toy, or two separate purchases? Sorry, I am confused.

2. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    One figure with swappable chest/head/weapons.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    This guy looks great! But there's still a few things off about him that I can't quite put my finger on. I think one issue is that his arms are a tad too long. And like someone else mentioned, I think they're trying to pack too much into this figure. Instead of having an evolution set, perhaps they should've just stuck with his MTMTE body so they could get the details even more accurate.

I'm definitely getting this guy, but I hope this isn't the only 3P attempt at MTMTE Megs. I'm still getting Rioter Despotron too. Honestly, that figure looks better to me than this. And it'll be more articulated

4. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    If you don't like it, you don't like it. I'm not sure why you feel you have to like it, because you certainly don't owe MMC anything, and your money is best used on something else you want or need.

• Like Like x 1
  5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Ok I may actually consider getting this to be my main "CHUG" Megatron. The fact that's a triple changer as well as a strong IDW influence in not one but two ways makes this among the most impressive 3rd party Megatron figures to date.

6. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased to see this. He looks stunning but I think they can do better. He needs more dark gray paint applications and the red needs to be less orange more a rich, vibrant red. He also need more of them. Especially in the legs to give the toy a cohesive look.

7. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an awesome transposition of the Milne's original design :rock 

111.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. sideswipe29

sideswipe29 Collect what makes you happy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I guess it is that simple huh :lol 

I've only recently started reading the comics. I think it was actually around this time last year that I started reading from the beginning with Infiltration and I've made it up to the current issues as of two weeks ago. I really enjoyed MTMTE and when we saw the "teasers" for a Megatron in Carnifex's comic I was really excited.

I guess that's why I want to badly to like this figure. I enjoyed Megatron's portrayal in the comics and I guess I hyped myself up for this figure, so in a way it is my fault that I'm disappointed. But I also really want to support MMC. I don't owe anything to them, you're right, but so far they've given us some great IDW figures and I want to be able to show my support that way more figures can be given proper representations. Perhaps I'm coming off as obsessive but I have a huge respect for 3rd party companies. They try to give us fans what we want then Hasbro and Takara fail to do so and I feel like we as fans don't give 3rd party companies enough credit for that. Which is why I feel bad for criticizing this Megatron figure so much :lol 

It honestly is great and I feel like it's the best offering we're going to get from the best "IDW" figure company on the market right now. I just wish it was refined a little bit more. I do plan on picking this up, maybe I won't preorder right away and I'll wait for some in hand photos and reviews to come out, but I just hope that somewhere along the way we can get a proper fusion cannon . . . that seems to be my biggest gripe with him.

Again, I probably sound a little obsessive and wishy washy and that wasn't my intention, I just really love this franchise.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

But does it transform?

10. Scyla

Scyla Well-Known Member

11. ciel

ciel Member

News Credits:
    I'm in love

12. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  13. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. Wow. Wow wow.

I was going to settle for Hasbro's Headmaster Megatron. But now?

But this?

It changes everything. Forget that. I'm ready and waiting to pre-order.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    D'oh.

Sorry to hear that. I have had worse issues with official stuff than I ever had with 3P (that's not even counting most officials stuffs hollow content - er lack there of?)

That MegaSteel figure though never interested me. Never bothered to check up on it if it was pretty shatty or not.

I'd say taking a gamble on MMC's stuff is pretty safe. All of their products are pretty top notch quality and looks wise.

15. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Reformatted is basically MMC's "Classics" line, with a similar approach to Hasbro/TakaraTomy: subject to remolds and designer interpretation. I'd say that out of around 30 figures, only the DJD figures are really super accurate to source, with everything else being some level of interpretation. Azalea is somewhat close, and so is Spartan, but then again I remember the days of the fan movement to try to revive iGear's Presser because Spartan wasn't accurate enough.

Considering that this is a color test shot, MMC's almost for sure not going to be making any large changes at this point, so if it's not something you want, wait it out and maybe some other company will come around to him. There are other companies doing IDW stuff now, too. It probably makes sense to wait anyway, since I don't know how accurate a figure can be to the source when IDW's never revealed his alt mode. :) 

16. iamtfc

iamtfc Well-Known Member

Looks great. I'm looking forward to it.

Is that.... a subtle joke about Robert's writing style?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really wish MMC would release these at a much lower price point.

At $100-$129 per it's just so out of the price range to get all these amazing IDW-inspired molds. At $50 per, I'd buy up every single one.

Same goes for Planet X. The quality and design certainly justifies the price. But the price is forcing me (and others I imagine) to be overly discriminating.

I mean let's put it like this... i got all 5 Planet X Dinobots - valuation, about $500. No regrets. They're my CHUG dinobots. But Perceptor? I'd love Perceptor. I don't love perceptor at what they're asking for it though.

With this, I'd happily get Megatron. But to do the DJD right, I'd have to get them all, which is outside a feasible prince range I feel.

But yeah this is probably the definitive CHUB Megatron. Now how about a MMC Seeker Mold for the ages?

18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Ahha, but is he MP scale? I swear we can drive each other crazy just with the standard TFW2005 questionairre.

19. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Oh, wait--hairless version. swapable parts? I'll follow this for a bit longer...

20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    He better come with a black hole kit.