MMC Reformatted version of Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 3, 2016.

1. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One of my favorite moments!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Not to derail the thread any further, but did anyone ever make a briefcase for Brainstorm?

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I'm not sure if anyone made one for the Generations version, but there were a few (maybe just one?) that fit Smart Robin up on Shapeways I believe.

4. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't MegaMoonMan?

I seem to think he did.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So he is up for preorder in BBTS, but apparently he just turns into a jet. Yeah, I´m am not so sure if I get this guy now or not.

If they make a 3rd party upgrade part of CW Megatron, I will most likely pass out on this guy.

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    Thanks, I pm'd him about it.

7. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    PSX Preorder.

Expected release date is 1 May 2017

What a surprise, did not expect him for a year.

8. Honesty

News Credits:
    There is already 3P upgrades for CW/UW Megatron.

Though in my personal opinion he isn't even anything close to this figure in terms of looks/origin/representation. Even with the upgrades. I never been a fan of that figure.

I also assume most people now passing on this figure was only ever getting him in the first place due to him being Megatron/"looking kinda cool."

And that's cool....

Even cooler for MMC I guess because they're making money.

I however have so much attachment to this IDW character that the alt mode doesn't really bother me at all.

9. General Magnus

At least the Hasbro one turns into an actual tank, not some flying amalgam of a jet and an armored vehicle. It´s really one of those case where the alt mode kills the figure for me. I like IDW, but I also happen to like tanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Honesty

News Credits:
    Annnnd pre-ordered.

Cancelling my BBTS order as we speak.

11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    See, for me it's because I have so much attachment to IDW Megatron that I'm slightly disappointed in this figure. It's the closest we currently have, yes, but it could still be vastly improved.

Thankfully, I don't have too large of an IDW collection yet, since I only started reading the comics a year or two ago. Therefore, if GCreation truly is committed to making an entire line of MP-scale IDW figures, I'll gladly invest in that line and buy those; I'll essentially be doing what the G1 MP collectors have been doing. Perhaps after bomber Megatron they will consider his MTMTE self. I'd love to see their take on him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honesty

News Credits:
    I feel you.

These *are* Transformers after all. We have yet to see what he transforms into, in the comic; but it's probably not whatever this is.

13. Honesty

News Credits:
    I made a post on their Facebook (begging) asking for any chances of IDW fembots such as Arcee, Chromia, Windblade, Velocity, Nautica and Firestar.

They seemed to be interested!! According to their reply. So I hope the line continues myself.

14. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    They also kind of teased Star Saber and Skids too. So yeah, I'm struggling right now to decide whether I should keep preorders like Kultur and this guy and some other CHUG stuff. Because if GC does plan on more, I will be shifting my collecting focus. I also hope they use Milne's artwork from the Spotlight: Megatron retailer incentive cover and the Chaos Theory artwork when they're making bomber Megatron, because tbh I do not like how the design is portrayed by Roche; the last thing I want is GC to make a bomber Megs that looks worse or less accurate than GT's...
    Okay tangent over

15. General Magnus

Their Rodimus on the other hand, him I happen to like. And if they end up doing the fembots, I am interested.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No prob bud.

I plan on getting this Megatron because he looks like the best option for me right now. I hate the partsforming, and feel the drill/tank really suck, but I never planned on transforming him anyway so I'll just ignore the modes altogether.

17. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm still on the fence on this one, and while I do think the alt mode being a jet-tank amalgam is incredibly dumb it doesn't outright kill it for me, and unless/until whatever the current Megatron turns into becomes known I MAY yet change my mind.

18. Honesty

News Credits:
    @Megatron118 -

All of their upcoming designs/stuff seems to be based on older stuff.

Some of the older stuff looks great, but I would have preferred a MTMTE Ultra Magnus.

Drift I am okay with, older and new.

Since they're doing Bomber Meg's, I doubt a MTMTE version will happen anytime soon. And given how long this stuff takes to release + their current line up.... I don't have high hopes.

I honestly would have preferred a non-MP collection. I enjoy my G1 MP's (to look at), and my transforming-fu is nothing to scoff at; but I personally feel MP's are "unwieldy" and not very fun outside of posing them once in awhile and having them stay behind glass.

Voyager figures/less involved transformations/MMC stuff hit a sweet spot for me. They're more durable, easier to handle and more fun to fiddle with.

I'm going to give GC Optimus/Pax a go. Feel it out (literally lol) in-hand and test the waters/General QC of it all.

Their Prowl can easily fit into my voyager collection also. So if Optimus doesn't pan out, I'll just get him as a one-off.

19. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I'd love to see GC tackle some of Milne's designs. A comic-accurate Roddy would be perfection.

*cough* Also Chromedome. *cough*

• Like Like x 4
  20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Regarding the size, aside from his Bomber design, I think Megatron was originally built to be of the exact height to Optimus since his military upgrades, but he's intentionally small as a miner. The point is that despite his apparent stature, he has enough firepower and fighting capabilities packaged in him that he can tackle with anything bigger than him. He's always found a way to beat Overlord, Tarn, that green alien thing in "Megatron: Origins", Devastator, and even the other Phase Sixers if the Killswitches are anything to go by. I think Tyrantron is a good enough size for me. Plus he's no too big so he can measure up to CW Ultra Magnus fine.