MMC Reformatted version of Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 3, 2016.

1. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Or maybe I know something that you don't? :) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I imagine there is lots you know I don't daim :( 
    .....and vice versa of course :p 

3. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh excellent. :buttrock  TFCon needs to get here now!!

4. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    heh

5. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LOL

6. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Ha!

Though some of the artists in the MMC comics have made it pretty obvious which characters were based on toys/renders and which were just incidental or their own interpretations.

MMC's going on 7 years+ without doing a Megatron. I kinda feel it's too bad that they won't be keeping that streak alive, because I hardly need to see another Optimus or Megatron. Though if he has drills, that might be enough that I don't find it completely boring. :) 

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  7. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh, I hope his helmet is removable! So we can all reenact our favorite scene from that series.

8. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    hence the 2nd line of my post :rolleyes: 

Personally I can't stand the IDW comics from what i've read - even reading the story and character overviews on TFwiki put me to sleep and sound like 5th rate fan fiction garbage, but the art and designs...count me in the 'in looks cool so I'll take one please' camp for IDW themed figures, hope this turns out well (in 2018!).

• Like Like x 2
  9. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Hmm. Probably.

10. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:

The comics bore you, but "imma bad you'z'guudum lets pew pew because reasons 80's 30 minute long toy commercial" doesn't? Strange. To each his own of course.

Whether you dislike them or not though, welcome aboard! You can hate all you like but as long as you feed MMC more money for IDW stuff it helps us out all the same. So thanks :D 

11. Chrisola

News Credits:
    I've just watched G1 again (2 episodes into season 3) and skipped most of it because it was awful. As a kid in the UK, I only saw a few episodes from G1 that were released on VHS, and they were the better ones like the Arrival from Cybertron, Heavy Metal Wars, Masquerade, The Key to Vector Sigma and Cosmic Rust. I hold no affinity for G1 series outside of a couple of characters to be honest. Never watched G2, hated the Beast Wars art syle, and never seen anything since.

Also didn't rate the UK comics, other than the Combat Colin strip and the ones with Death's Head..so yeah, I'm a fan but not of what most people would like, and by no means a G1 purist ;) 

It's actually the 86 movie that I love - it captured my imagination like very few films have, and is legit in my top 5 favorite films ever, even now I'm older. Once my movie shelf is done, I'll just be in for the odd great design, and a few of the Japan continuity characters, as I'm watching that for the first time, and loving the designs.

I'll happily help you fund MMC IDW design goodness as long as they keep doing it, Carnifax is on the way, Kultur pre-ordered and I'm in for the big DJD guy that was teased at TFCON once he's up for pre-order, and likely for some of the Wreckers (already have Spartan) :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    @Chrisola -

Very nicely said actually. I was expecting just a tad of snark since you said the comics reminded you of fanfiction and what I said about G1 :p  haha

I still "love" G1 (the memories/nostalgia). I also "love" the movie (same reason).

I however can just not get into any of it anymore (save for the movie like you mentioned - and only when watching with my 5 year old daughter). The child friendly writing and any real substance just isn't for me anymore.

I do love the comics though. I am not above it though to say sometimes there are some hokey things here and there, but overall I love it.

I especially love the artwork (Nick Roche and Alex Milne) and love the (romantic) relationships and such. We're finally in a day and age where we can have two "guys" (and "girls") be in love and have no one bat an eye; this just wasn't possible in the 80's.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chrisola

News Credits:
    I did try and revisit the comics - just finished the 30th Anniversary IDW book and to be honest nothing grabbed me. I find myself reading up on TFwiki whenever a new character appears on these forums (like Nova Prime, the Wreckers etc) and am left utterly cold by most of it - I suppose my view on the comics is like a non fans view of some anime series :p 

It's good to know not all fiction is stuck with less inclusive themes, and I agree, the artwork is great - it's almost a shame I can't get into the rest.

A couple of times a year, and always around my birthday, I get some beers, stick the 86 movie on, forget about lifes problems and watch the good guys win...and I'm 7 years old again (although much drunker!) :p 

• Like Like x 1
  14. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What is the alt mode like, just noticed another pis, so could it be an Armada Megatron

15. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

This does dampen my enthusiasm for Rioter Despotron a little since I don't think I need two Megatrons in my CHUG/IDW display, but if this really is MTMTE Megs, there is no way I could pass it up.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

If this is happening I hope his helmet comes off and he can do this. My favorite look for idw origin Megatron tumblr_kuh54jjFzo1qzvjovo1_400.jpg

17. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always wanted to know what the deal was with his party hat.

I always interpreted this scene as "I am a pretty sunflower"

• Like Like x 1
  18. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope if this is indeed made we get both pre war construction drill tank megs and post war resigned con leader turned autobot megs with optional fusion canon.

19. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    This is great, but I'd still much prefer the MTMTE version over his miner days

20. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits: