MMC Reformatted R-49 Mentis IDW Rung

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since MMC have someone on this thread, and it seems that fan feedback might influence the order which projects are worked on, just wanted to chip in and make all manner of "WOOHOO!" noises. I have the official Battlemaster Rung, but something bigger and more page-accurate would be a big deal. I would be more interested the better he scales with official toys (between Legends and Deluxe would be my ideal); and if the scale was close enough for my liking, a 2-pack with Fulcrum would be a plus :) 

2. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I suspect most of us are hoping he scales well with the rest of their Reformatted line before anything else.

3. Danforth

Danforth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Genuinely no idea whether the majority of MMC collectors mainline on other MMC or slot it in with Hasbro stuff. And they won't be changing policy on 1 vote anyway, I imagine the scale is already locked in. Just adding my 2p-worth :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster No relation to the Autobot, ironically. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At least for me, my IDW shelf is mostly MMC but with either a custom or a Hasbro product here and there, statistically. With my only exceptions to MMC so far being Thrilling 30 Brainstorm, and customs of Whirl, Pipes and Nightbeat. The latter two being unfinished, just gotta paint those up once the weather clears up.

EDIT: Fuck, forgot the Maketoys stuff. Swerve and Tailgate I have as well, though they may be on his way out to be replaced with customs sooner or later, as much as I love them.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  5. northernautobot

northernautobot Frozen Autobot in MN

Mine is a mix of MMC and Hasbro/Takara, plus the 3.5 figures MakeToys did. Basically once MMC comes out with an alternative, I typically retire the Hasbro offering. For instance, once Mnemo was up for pre-order, I sold TR Chromedome.

I love my MPs, but my first preference will always be the CHUG/Reformatted/Standard scale figures.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

That's fair enough. I've been collecting Reformatted for a while though; with a couple of Maketoys and chug to fill gaps. Sticking to their own scale just makes sense.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yeah you're pretty much right on the money here. I'll add that before we reveal a figure, it could have been in the works for a while too. D-Zelf has been in development for years for example, but what we have now is also a heavy redesign of an earlier triple changer concept. I also worked on an Occular Max toy four years ago, that still is nowhere near release and might go through a total redesign. (That one still hurts lol, I was so proud of it too.)

I really wouldn't count on it. Maybe if we can figure they'd be remolds of something, but that's a big if. Pharma probably has the best chance of happening because he's a popular character.

A new Cyclonus and Whirl are definitely something I want to see happen. There was a concern though that they'd come too soon after people had already bought the previous Reformatted toys, but maybe enough time has passed...

Should be in the next year. He's a simpler small scale release and a priority character, so there isn't a risk of sudden engineering complications pushing it back (like what happened with D-Zef).

Yeah, these toys are great. And the reason we will probably never do them ourselves. Scale might not be perfect but I can't imagine us doing better.

Pretty low.

• Like Like x 12
  8. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    My cast so far is SXS Hot Flame (regular colors, though I want the LL color version now too) and T30 Brainstorm (MMC version would be welcome, since the T30 one is close but not 100% spot on). MMC Chromedome/Rewind, Getaway, and Rung will be added. Still debating on whether to use Flame Toys 3K Drift, because he’s perfect but slightly too big compared to the others.

PLEASE. He’d be dope to add!

I’m gonna make a safe assumption that most fans would buy the characters again if they looked like the comics. And for people like me who never bought either, it’d be even better :D  But I understand the logic

• Like Like x 1
  9. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

A MMC Pharma? Fuck yes please.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    That's interesting. Wonder why Deathsaurus started as a triple changer though...

Also good lord, I feel you man. Having everything you've done just be thrown to the wayside. I assume MMC would still like to keep things under wraps in regards to that project, but once we sooner or later find out which you refer to, I can only imagine how the feels will feel from there.

I can say as someone who has BBTS' restock on Turben 1.0 on pre-order as we speak, I will still easily eat up a Turben 2.0 if it ever comes to MMC's fruition. That's the only thing that could dethrone my homebrew Whirl, haha.

DUDE YES PLEASE

But don't call him a part of the Guiding Hand in front of me.

Please, just... no. If you wanna blame anyone for this, blame James.

11. YukatanJack

YukatanJack Well-Known Member

Count me among those who passed on the originals and would love to see new ones.

But of course there are lots of characters that haven't had a first toy, like Nautica, Anode, and Lug. (I feel like nobody ever mentions Anode and Lug. I would love an Anode and Lug.) And poor Nightbeat's never had a good toy. And that Hasbro IDW Skids ain't cutting it. And you know, the options for the Scavengers are pretty grim...

MMC really ought to kick James Roberts and Alex Milne and company a little something under the table, because damn if they didn't give y'all a lot to work with.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

To be fair, the whole Guiding Hand thing simply doubles the odds he gets done given that's technically two characters that one figure can be.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I'll give it that. Credit where it's due.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Functionist council or bust! Gotta have them to go with rungs ornament mode. I can’t remember what they called rung when referring to his lack of a useful mode and it’s killing me.

I need a ultra Magnus. I never bought the main line because I thought something better would come along. Any recommendations?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Yes.

I take Paypal.

16. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    Because Cassy Sark gonna Cassy Sark. And also, it started off more as a G1-inspired design.

Byrin posted one of the earlier renders on his insta. Note the wheels in the wings. The only remnant of the vehicle mode is wheel shape in the kaiju hips.
    Login • Instagram

119142016_259043788512405_9134847305905867850_n.jpg

Though I think someone speculated it was based on some vehicle mode a Deathsaurus KO had. Maybe this one?
    Source: Deathsaurus, G1, Transformers KnockOff KO, Action Figure Checklist Photos

DSC01163_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01164_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01165_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01166_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01167_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01168_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01169_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01170_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01171_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01172_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01173_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01174_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01175_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01176_Deathsaurus.jpg DSC01177_Deathsaurus.jpg

Sorry for the long off topic post.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Well good lord, that is FAR from what I expected at first, haha. Really interesting about that KO and it's odd vehicle mode. Honest to God it looks like someone took, it's escaping my mind right now but there was a G1 toy with those really skimpy arms, and just went "OK LET'S MAKE THIS INTO DEATHSAURUS JUST BECAUSE WE CAN AND THAT'S COOL OK LET'S GO".

18. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Please add me to the list of those who want a comic accurate MTMTE Cyclonus and Whirl.

• Like Like x 1
  19. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

cool. I love Turben, and I don’t think even a comic accurate Whirl would tempt me to replace it. But I didn’t bite on the Cyclonus figure, as it neither seemed very interesting, nor evoked the samurai IDW Cyclonus. I’d snap up a more faithful offering.

20. Sinanju13

Sinanju13 Well-Known Member

I still think the more pressing matter is the characters who have legit no figure, Nautica, Skids(Hasbro doesn’t count that thing is small af), and Nightbeat. Those three character designs in MTMTE are soo aesthetically pleasing and it’s a crime that they don’t exist.

• Like Like x 6