MMC Reformatted R-49 Mentis IDW Rung

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Pretty important to the plot!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ravage Stanixa

Ravage Stanixa My Spark belongs to the TRUE Perfect Decepticon.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Yes, but not one of the major players in my fic, which is the primary reason I buy Autobots, lol. But still she's very lovely.

3. QuintusTheExaltedOne

QuintusTheExaltedOne Creator of the Quintessons and ex-Prime

News Credits:
    That's entirely untrue. They stated that have no intention to abandon WFC/FOC, they're just adding IDW as a separate toyline

4. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Sure, but the point is that there was a previous PSX exclusive for a new MMC figure (Ocular Max Infinite Finity IF-01 Eris) earlier this year, and her pre-orders sold out in a little more than 2 days. PSX mentioned on weibo that Mentis's production run will also be on the small side, so even assuming it's larger than Eris's, the demand for him seems to be less than Eris (who is not canonical to any TF fiction).

MMC team members have mentioned that Windblade is on the slate for Infinite Finity, so I think it's rather unlikely she'll be in Reformatted any time soon. Even assuming that MMC were to change plans, starting a Reformatted Windblade design today still means the released figure is 2+ years away.

I have no idea what OX IF Windblade will look like, though presumably she'll have some design idiosyncrasies in robot and especially alt mode that won't line up to IDW Windblade. I'm guessing she'll be slightly shorter than an MP Seeker, so perhaps around Eris size, and similarly, she might fit in with Reformatted figures about as well as Eris does (or doesn't, depending on your POV).

It wouldn't be surprising to me to see OX IF Windblade remolded to Slipstream, similar to what other companies have done.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Eris sold out in 2 days. That's not a sign that people do not want these figures. Rung is a less popular character than Tarn but the people who want him will get him.

I actually wish they didn't do that with Slipstream so much. She's a Seeker, she doesn't need to have propellers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Spelling Chekcer

Is it bad news that Mentis has not sold out yet? He's been on PSX for a little over a week. Smaller production run than Eris people are saying?

Glad I got him and really hoping MMC gives us a few more of the Lost Light crew before they move on to something new.

7. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    PSX/MMC have said the production runs are small for both Eris and Mentis, but we don't know how they compare to each other. At this point, all we can guess is that it's less likely there will be a non-exclusive release of Mentis at other retailers later.

More generally, it does raise some questions about what MMC will do with the Reformatted line in the future. Reportedly sales on recent Reformatted figures other than Optus Pexus have been soft. And beyond Mentis, Optus Nox, and D-Zef, there hasn't been a lot teased by MMC about what's upcoming in Reformatted, other than Supermax, some other Optus remolds/repaints, and a Mnemo remold. I guess we'll see what happens at the upcoming TFCons (if they happen).

• Like Like x 2
  8. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    It's time for Reformatted to be Reformatted!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has also been stated my MMC that Reformatted has and will continue to use idw comic designs. Not just mtmte/LL but all TF IDW comics. So we can get more from the wreckers, the scavengers, even beastwars, and so much more idw comic designs. I know when people wrote a wish list, it was mention by mmc that they also have a list of figure they plan on making. Someone said they can easily make another 50 figures to reach r-100 but mmc said their current list is only about half that as of now....so 25 figures planned on their want to do list after mentis/nox/fortmax/dzef.

10. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Do a Black Shadow MMC!!!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    I’d still like a stealth bomber Megatron from MMC one day…they could do so much better than Generation Toy’s version. And we don’t have one at a nice ultra/leader size like Optus Pexus’ height. The Flame Toys 3K one is a masterpiece, but it’s also insanely expensive. Who knows if GCreation will ever make their MP-scale version. So there’s a market for it imo. It’d be like a successor to that Toyworld one that never happened

• Like Like x 1
  12. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

A relative got this for Christmas for me, glad I got in on it before it sold out. I suspect/hope that he had a larger production run than Eris: Kultur, which would explain why he hasn't sold out yet.

13. Zeegnome

Zeegnome Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What are the odds Mentis will show up at TFCON Baltimore?

14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Very high I would think. MMC usually has a booth.

15. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Artist When I Feel Like It

News Credits:
    Even though I only have MMC's Megatron, Optimus and MP primal as the only transformers left in my "collection", I had to pre-order this dude 'cause I found him to be interesting in the comic.

Also, I'll be a getting my state license to be a therapist soon, so he's gonna be my on my desk in my clinic hehe.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Ravage Stanixa

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    I think that's a LOVELY idea. If you practise in northern California ever do let me know. I would be very pleased to go to a therapist and find Rung sitting on their desk. It would make me feel so much better about the everpresent "will I get along with the new therapist, or is this going to be like the time I had to fire my therapist because she didn't believe bisexuality existed and was convinced that my dating a guy was interfering with my process of coming out as a lesbian, except I'm actually NOT a lesbian, I just like everyone".

• Like Like x 3
  17. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Will you do video appts and can you tell my wife excessive collecting is vital to my mental well-being?

Edit: I just realized I bought MMC Spartan off you; you already know I have issues.

• Like Like x 6
  18. wetwithwaterwings

wetwithwaterwings Well-Known Member

:eek:  Wow. Sorry you had that experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bumblemus Prime

Bumblemus Prime Cracked in the head

This would be great. A Carnifex remold (lots of new details & stuff, please!) that would be of a height with Carny & Fuuma.

I have always wanted to ask a therapist who collects TFs why you think people compulsively collect. My dad is a therapist but he's not really a collector of anything; he mostly buys books and forgets to read them. I have my psychologically healthy reasons for collecting and, I suspect, some less healthy reasons.

20. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Oh i definitely think i compulsive buy toys to fill a void that is probably missing in my subconscious mind. Maybe even has to do with my mother and she gave all my g1 to a consignment shop when i was young and then they went out of business so i didnt get money or the toys back. They were 100% a scam. So probably has tp do with it.