MMC Reformatted R-11 Seraphicus Prominon

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Maz, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Having been in the making for something like 4 years, a hefty lead time even for the most sedate 3rd party release schedule, Mastermind Creations’ Reformatted R-11 Seraphicus Prominon is ready to be released. The Moritorus Sovereign, as the box calls him, is almost an amalgamation of characters from the Aligned continuity and the IDW universe of Transformers going by the aesthetics of the core robot and the armoured bot respectively. Whether that was the designer’s original intention or not is another matter, but that’s certainly how it appears when each element is studied individually. First teased in 2012, MakeToys have since released Hypernovae who references the same character, but MMC finally unleash their own version, which at around $200, is not exactly a cheap alternative. Let’s see if it was worth the wait and the cost.

MMC Seraphicus Prominon | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine will be part of the stock coming later (April?), so I appreciate having this heads up on this thing. Given the wait for this thing, and the price tag for the whole shebang, hearing about some of the issues on yours is a bit unfortunate. Though MMC products aren't always perfect, I'm still used to a bit of....crispness, I guess? So hearing of parts popping off when it's all combined, depending on the pose, isn't great. After all this time, having an issue like that pop up when it's finally released seems weird.

I'm not so discouraged to go cancel my preorder or anything though, and I'm optimistic that in-hand, what it does well will outshine any negatives.

3. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I'll be honest, I'm not feeling it at all.

my gripe I'll admit is like most who prefer the trailer and cab to be one solid vehicle that transforms into a more solid robot mode.

But instead what we got was a cab-former with clip-on armor pieces.

If I wanted a clip-on armor transformer I'd buy those Transformers Bionicle Rip-offs. I know i'm sounding a bit harsh on the MMC product this go around. But in comparison to the solid looking 7 mode Hexatron. this toy is just awful.

seems like they invested most their creative effort into the wings.

THIS will always blow MMC's effort ot of the water. and THAT alone is the version I'd have liked to see MMC take a crack at. but instead...

we got this.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. King0722

King0722 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got mine yesterday. I have to admit, the cab/core robot is a LOT more fun than I gave it credit for. Further, his pistol is excellent and the cylinder moves like a revolver would. I love the trailer becoming armor bit, it's reminiscent of Ultra Magnus in that regard and I don't have an issue with it.

I may come back in a few days after getting to tinker with it some more, but I like it much much more than I anticipated.

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How does this thread not have more replies? Is there another one? I got this guy in mail today. He's quite fun and imposing. Bigger than I expected. I really wish one of his weapons worked for smaller bot mode without damaging his grips. As it is, I guess I have 2 glow swords that I will gift to another bot. Just not sure who yet.

6. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...ye gads, his fists are a puzzle to align in vehicle mode!..