MMC R-52 Acinonyx (TransTech Cheetor) & Symphony (Rosanna)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Oniconvoy, Jul 28, 2023.

1. Shaddowtoa

Shaddowtoa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    What a disappointment. From what was teased years ago, which was a way more extensive remold, I expected better. The fact that it's not in Transtech Cheetor's colors is one thing, but the fact that this is the laziest remold with only the wrist blades and the head is just the nail in the coffin for me. I hope those who are excited about it are able to get one, but this may be the easiest pass in a long time for me. Between that and the total lack of feedback on Eris : Alternative face problem for months, I'm losing hope in MMC to be honest.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 BWII enjoyer and Triceradon's strongest warrior

YouTube (Legacy):
    This is freaking hype! You could even say ultra gear!

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I think I’m in the minority here but I quite like these.

Not sure if I like them quite enough to buy them, but will be tempted when they come out. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Glad I didn't go for the original. I'll probably grab this set.

5. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really? Well that's good news

6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    All I see is Chromedome cosplaying.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    That’s because it is largely a re-color rather than a re-sculpt. In my opinion the pieces that were given new molds (aside from the head) minimally impact the appearance, yet this is a design with a skeleton that could accept very different-looking parts and still work. I’m not sure I would have bothered, but then I’m not a Beastie fan to begin with, nor do I particularly like the spindly alt mode. I feel that the best thing about Mnemo is the head sculpt and color scheme, which are the very things changed to make Acinonyx.

8. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Apparently the set is R-52. Sina Visitor System

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 17-06-32 @鋼鐵星PSX 的个人主页 - 微博.png

They've tried to simulate loops using clear transparent plastic for the wheel hubs, but yeah, not quite the same.

It didn't. The TFCon exclusive sculpt is the TFTM head. Jesslyn posted renders here about a year or more ago of a bunch of head designs she did for ReMix Motif/Pitch, and one of them was a Rosanna head. But she also said that none of those sculpts were guaranteed to be used. OX has never shown off the Rosanna head in plastic.

My guess is that the brown(-ish) Reformatted figures (Dicamus, Ebrius/Gravus, Mnemo) are among the least successful in sales.

Just sayin' (again), Mnemo would make a fine DJW Beast Machines Thrust...

I don't recall MMC ever mentioning that TT Cheetor was going to be significantly retooled from Mnemo. Apparently those are future figures, if they happen.

ETA I guess PSX weibo has a couple images the other don't.

005E9kJugy1hh7i0ygmlwj31900u0n1o.jpg

005E9kJugy1hh7i0yehenj30u012t77h.jpg

ETA 2 Apparently the threads were merged. Yay!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I would be way more interested in a real transtech cheetor attempt than just this. That whole design's philosophy was being sleek while this just looks super blocky and clunky looking by comparison. Those shoulders especially.

I get it's just a convention repaint and that limits things, but I seriously wish a new mold was done by someone.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  10. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes when rick and I have referred to mnemo retools in the past we were not referring to Acinonyx here since he's not a retool but a much simpler side recolor with a couple of new aesthetic pieces.

The real mnemo retools are still being worked on. don't know which of the four will see reality ultimately. Eager to see what becomes of them next year.

• Like Like x 10
  11. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the BW original Cheetor, but not familiar with this Transtech, is that face sculpt accurate? Doesn't look like Cheetor at all, and I watched up to the first few eps of Beast Machines.

12. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I'm hanging out for a Mnemo into IDW Blurr retool.

13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to know! Will look forward to seeing in-hand photos then, presumably at the convention this weekend. :) 
    FOUR!! ...One of them has to be Blurr, right? This guy would look so sleek in sky blue.
    I was thinking Animated Blurr... but a reimagined mix of elements from both could be cool!
    It's extremely accurate. The most accurate part of the figure!

CBA2A5D0-5943-49C8-8790-8D87A950EE0D.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transtech was going to be the sequel to Beast Machines, but Hasbro ultimately decided to bring over the Japanese Car Robots and then go into the Unicron Trilogy instead. Mercutio already replied with the concept sketches, you can see it lists the face as a battle mask, so it makes sense to not look like the unmasked Cheetor.

[​IMG]

You are right. I knew the name changed (at least public perception if not in reality) away from Rewind and somehow I got it into my head it was due to them using it on the figure they were close to releasing (Steeljaw). Then when the figure actually came out, no matter how many dozens of times I opened the Steeljaw thread I never paid any attention whatsoever to the MMC name and always just thought of him as Steeljaw so the flaw in my understanding of it was never corrected.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rodimusea

rodimusea Aspiring Primus

Bring in on!

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Bit disappointed. I skipped the original release because I never liked this design for Chromedome. From the start I've been hoping for an Animated Blurr or a Transtech Cheetor.

Still would've preferred Blurr, but at least a Transtech Cheetor. Except...not really, because the colours are wrong. Especially the blue is jarring. Not sure if I'm going to try to get it (assuming PSX will also sell it) in hopes that any of the four remoulds @LazyAza mentioned become reality -- and not knowing what those are and always having hoped for a Transtech Cheetor, makes clear that I really don't like the blue.

Yep, that looks much better to me. Not just more accurate, but the brown works better with the yellow.

I think you're probably right in that MMC went for the more familiar BW season 1 colours. Maybe it's more correct to see this as a pre-BW Cheetor instead of a Transtech Cheetor. Personally, I've always imagined pre-BW Cheetor as similar to Hot Rod and this body shape is Transtech, so it can't really be pre-BW.

On the desperately hopefully side, if we get this Cheetor then maybe there's still a tiny chance that the Primal Prime from Helex is still perhaps possible.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KveTar

KveTar Well-Known Member

Pre-BW Cheetor is Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't recall the Draxhall Jump design sketches ever being in full colour. Was the comic colour palette perhaps inspired by Cheetor's Universe colour scheme?

19. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

The Damned Flatlands. (I need mountains!)
    Animated Blurr would have been much more interesting to me. However, that would require extensive retooling in order to work, and I think MMC was aiming for a relatively simple repaint-and-headsculpt makeover on this one.

Blurr would have needed a filler for that huge gap up front, and the larger rear wheels would need to somehow be integrated into the feet instead of the smaller ones— or else they would need to be made smaller and narrower, and maybe pushed into a backpack. My biggest gripes against Mnemo’s basic design are the enormous dragster tires hanging off his upper arms and the “wheels on sticks” in vehicle mode. Neither of those work well for Blurr (or, for that matter, TT Cheetor).

20. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

With his proportions I feel it's a hair too much yellow.

I wonder how'd he'd look with BM green accents and purple spots. Using Mnemo, I'm kinda getting a marriage of TT and BM as a vehicle (which might've been an inspiration for TT now that I think about it)

• Like Like x 2