MMC R-44 Tortor (IDW DJD Tesarus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 22, 2017.

1. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I mean, there's still the poor saps who ordered through BBTS. Toy Dojo was a week or two behind TheChosenPrime with Mors so I almost thought about switching to TheChosenPrime for my future Reformatted preorders, but then Tfsource of all places gets Tortor in first...

2. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I switched over to PSX personally. Yes, you gotta pay upfront for your stuff, but they get it to ya the quickest, even in comparison to the others with that god-long shipping time. And you get the PO bonus to boot, even if some of them honestly aren't up to par.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:

PSX is weird for me (being in the states). I have had packages ship out and reach me a few weeks ahead of everyone else getting theirs (who ordered from the likes of TD, TCP etc), and I also have had packages from there reaching me AFTER state-side business’ had gotten theirs and shipped them out to their customers.

I think this only happened like once or twice out of the 6-8 or so times I ordered from PSX; but it was enough to make me stop paying upfront/shipping there - to an extent.

I’d still likely order their in the future if there is a really cool exclusive bonus or something. Otherwise though, it isn’t worth it for me. Especially considering if anything were ever wrong with the figures (not that they wouldn’t take care of me - but I’d much rather deal with that state side)

• Like Like x 3
  4. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

This^ I would switch over to PSX, but if I had a problem with the figure I wouldn't want to have to wait another month or so to have it sorted. PSX has been good to me though, I order through them for Reformatted exclusives.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Understandable, when I tried to see what could be done with the chipping thighs on Tes with PSX, they were actually SURPRISINGLY quick to get back in comparison to other stores, and in the end, MMC said that it was common and they couldn't do anything since it was a common problem. Got $15 in credit though, so I can't complain about everything. I'm now treating those chips as the proof of the DJD's dirty work being done, haha.

But yeah, I would ABSOLUTELY choose to deal with a domestic retailer in comparison when it comes to customer service. BBTS has been nothing but awesome, and I kinda have a horrible wish to deal with TCP if I ever break something since they're all fine fellows, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  6. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Wait ... what? "it was common and they couldn't do anything since it was a common problem." That's BS. Retailers are still charging 200 for this.

7. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

By chipping thighs, do you mean he has paint-chipping issues on the legs?

8. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    (Apologies for the semi-blurry photo btw)

20201128_164359.jpg

Just from transforming him once and moving him about for a bit. I've gotten over it for the most part, though.

Currently Tes is chilling on top of my computer (AIO cooler broke a while back, so I replaced it with an air cooler, so no worries about choking the big tower) bench-pressing my soon to be sold off Rodimus.

• Like Like x 1
  9. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Thanks. I don't expect my figures to be free of defects forever, but my Hellex also came with some paint imperfections, so kinda disappointed to hear about the same thing happening with this figure.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Exactly. I knew it was gonna happen EVENTUALLY, but it spells "problem" when it happens the day you open it up.

I MAY have found the correct Pantone color for it, so I may just end up eventually (once I get a longer screwdriver since my current kit can't fit all the way down to the screws in the thighs) taking apart the thighs, grab some custom-matched paint and just paint over them. Boom, problem solved.

11. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Hate to hear of the qc issues. I hope to be able to get this after the holidays. I wanted to preorder it but funds were tight. And he is the last I need to complete the DJD. Also hope to get the re-edited Stray so I can swap heads on the original Stray with the extra head that came with Deadpool SG Stray.

12. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Ah, that's rough. Reminds me of Dicamus' shoulders rubbing up against his backpack...paint chipping the first time I articulated the shoulders. My Kultur also has paint chipping on his forearm and Tyrantron has a few nicks in his glorious paint job, mostly around where the fusion cannon attaches to his arm. Otherwise, MMC's paint has been pretty damn sturdy when and where it's applied, at least in my experience.

One of those things I'll just have to shrug off and tell myself it's battle damage...who am I kidding, it's going to bug the crap out of me.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got an invoice for this guy from TCP.

14. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Really, I think they just changed the release date to December. Maybe December 1st?

Anyway, I am feeling ho hum about getting this guy after hearing about the QC issue.

15. northernautobot

northernautobot Frozen Autobot in MN

He’s here and he’s HUGE!

B83FD536-F071-4553-AB25-1C8DCC1F2BAB.jpeg

0A3BAEAB-E2D1-436F-9A2E-466F5B7323E6.jpeg
    EE7BA09E-F343-406F-9F08-77C85F7F5BCD.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

My Tortor was supposed to arrive today, but instead I got the dreaded "In Transit, Arriving Late" notice on there.

17. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

just found tortor in my tcp stash!

18. divinecomedy

News Credits:
    Hm, not sure why he is 20 bucks more expensive than Mors ..........

19. thebandwagon

thebandwagon Well-Known Member

My copy of the big guy just arrived yesterday, and now I get to see another shelf completed. I luckily haven't seen any of the paint chipping on the hips, I have however seen a decent bit on the posts that peg the legs into the crotch. I might have to just scrap of the rest of the paint on the pegs so it looks a little bit more intentional.
    20201201230041_IMG_1187-01~2.jpeg 20201201221044_IMG_1179-01~2.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not insignificantly more massive than Mors.