MMC/OX Remix Ramhorn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by godotislate, Oct 27, 2018.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Like Rewind/Eject they will get around to this and Ratbat sometime in between the combiners. After that I think they are done.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Megamenasortimus Prime

Megamenasortimus Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Nah mate, straight into the combiner tapes plus those Dino ones FT are doing soon :D 

3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just based on observation the ReMix line just doesn't seem to be a priority for them. As much as many of us hate the idea they only have 2 more until they could potentially call it complete, I would think that would be a motivating factor. Maybe the fact it isn't means they do intend to continue it beyond the cartoon cassettes?

4. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I really do like their cassettes. Yea, a bit on the big side, but much more enjoyable compared to the puny ones released by FT. Those are just no fun. With ramhorm my collection of the cassettes would be over for me personally.

• Like Like x 1
  5. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Do you know how excited and hopeful I got when I saw this thread come up?! No news :mad: :( 

6. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ramhorn is long overdue!

• Like Like x 1
  7. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    The dinosaur cassettes combine as well, Zaur & Dile form Legout, and Graphy & Noise form Decibel.

But yeah I get the feeling once Ramhorn and Ratbat are done, that might be it for cassettes from MMC/OM, aside from maybe some repaints.

8. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Well-Known Member

I love the cassette bots and MMC's takes, while perhaps niche for their scale, give them the advantage of more complex engineering and really good articulation over their smaller counterparts. I'm also anticipating Ramhorn and Ratbat, but I hope they don't stop there. If I had my druthers, all the cassettes would get the MMC/Ox treatment, especially the dinosaurs. However, I'd love to see how they'd approach the combiners. I have a soft spot for Beastbox- there's just something cool about that little pink gorilla that has appealed to me since buying the G1 toy as a kid. Still have him and Squawktalk on my TF shelves along with Grand Slam and Rain Dance, as well as Dr.Wu's awesome updates. To have these guys at the full-sized cassette scale would be fantastic, as I can only imagine all the engineering and origami involved as well as the articulation in the final bots and their combined modes. I hope it happens.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Just the other day I picked up Dr Wu's version of Slamdance and my first thought was, "Man it'd be cool to see an MMC take on this character.". I don't know if they'll ever get that far on the tapes, though. I hope they at least do Slugfest and Overkill, they were at least in the cartoon.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That becomes a question of with or without weapons since their cartoon appearance was unarmed. I think only the most die-hard of toon accurate advocates will really care about non-weapon options, but having them peg in would allow larger weapons.

11. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

I hope you’re wrong about this one. Ramhorn, Ratbat, Overkill, Slugfest… done, for me.

I’d love a Stripes repaint as well.

Sadly, with a lot of people moving out of MP and the fact the covid rush is well over, there’s just less interest for them to approach anything more than these four.

12. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope if they do, Slugfest's color looks like this, not like the Fans Toys one. I don't care about cartoon colors for a character that hardly if ever appeared in the cartoon, when we had the toy version available to look at for far more hours and imprint its colors in our minds. A mustard yellow Slugfest isn't going to trigger nostalgia the way green and pink will.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. Quintessential Prime

Quintessential Prime Well-Known Member

Hi @jesslynMMC, any chance of an update on Mr Rhino? And the possibility of a green and pink / blue and white dinosaur?

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    How did Fans Toys even come up with that color? Slugfest should be an olive color. The G1 toy skews a little toward the greener side of olive, the cartoon a little toward the browner side. At no point do I ever recall a yellow Slugfest.

But yeah, toy colors all the way.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If MMC does do Slugfest I expect they will do both toon and toy decos, probably 1 as a TFCon exclusive. MMC does not need such a legitimate reason to justify a repaint.

I just looked it up for the FT thread, Slugfest appeared in Call of the Primitives and that is it, including Japanese exclusive series. I'm fairly certain (been a long time since I saw the episode) it was literally just long enough to transform (with no weapons) and that was his entire TV career.

The light's FT uses for photography is far from ideal, we don't really know what color he will come in until someone has it in hand even if they don't make a change to it.

Last edited: May 26, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While they do love repaints, the only time I can think of that they did toy and toon with a cassette was Jaguar. Here's hoping, though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The robot cassettes have plenty of repaints even without toy ones, plus they decided on translucent FRumbles for whatever reason. The birds were not as well received so it doesn't surprise me they decided to not go too deeply on them. Steeljaw already has 3 (technically) decos out, but I could see them still doing 1 or 2 more. Other than toon, toy, and SG I can't think of any other decos for Slugfest, unless they decide to do Snarl for the fun of it.

EDIT: It's silly, but if they do the Japanese exclusive dino cassettes they could get Cassette repaints of 4 of the 5 Dinobots. I don't know of a Triceratops cassette unfortunately.

18. Criggity

Criggity Well-Known Member

They could replace the ears on Ramhorn with a couple of horns and call it a day haha

• Like Like x 1