MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

thanks for the response Red Snarl. Did you sand down any part on the next itself as @Peaugh recommended a couple of pages back? I deeply regret doing this now as the Incursus head is not to wobbly in the neck due to the sanding I did. But with Assaultus himself - there's just ZERO movement to wiggle the switch to turn on. Can you confirm the micro switch sits flush to the bottom of the board like in this picture (see attached)??

PS-14R LED button.JPG

2. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I see where you are coming from, from a production standpoint, but calling the desire for a boxset "thinking little" is showing a lack of understanding on what combiner teams represent. As someone who bought the Zeta Toys Superion and Bruticus both separately (their first run) and the box sets (the metallic versions), there is definitely an emotional difference between receiving one combiner teammember every 2 to 3 months, and opening up a huge box that has them all.
    The frustration is high when looking at your shelf and seeing an incomplete combiner team, and it takes forever for any 3rd party brand to get them all out. Fanstoys is especially taking the piss now with their combiners.

When Zeta Toys finally released their last Bruticus/Superion teammember, I was more annoyed that it took them a year and a half to finish it, than happy to finally have a complete combiner. When I bought their boxsets, I was elated and spent an afternoon transforming them all, taking group shot photos, have fun posing them all. I didn't buy the MMC Combaticons until every one of them was released, to avoid the frustration of having to wait, there was a risk involved with this of course, as the first ones released were more expensive (late tax).

To me it is not "thinking little", it's actually having appreciation for the very special thing that combiners are and represent: a complete team.

• Like Like x 1
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I wonder how well the G2 bots have been selling.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. And I've gotta feeling someone once said sales (or lack thereof) will play a big role in whether the 3 paint scheme will see release.

5. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The switch is flush and no sanding is required .

6. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto 8 Strings Enthusiast

News Credits:
    Onslaught is such a fantastic figure. Tied with Brawl for my favorite of the set. Very happy with these rainbow colored Bots. 20221107_112041.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. The Happenin Rhinoceros

The Happenin Rhinoceros Well-Known Member

He didn't say anybody was "thinking little." He said he's amazed that people "think so little" of selling as a set. As in people are putting little thought into what actually goes into making a boxed set from a production and logistics standpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup.

I am well aware how desirable the convenience of a complete set is for lots of people but the cost and production realities are what they are. MMC could do re-run sets or recolors as complete box releases, if they wanted to. But that would take much longer to get readied up for sale and preclude a lot of folks from being able to pick it up due to the price point.

Doing so for the initial toy releases would be damn near foolish as individual figure sales allow more people a low barrier to entry, allow for double dips and easier replacements if need be as well as making more money for mmc overall due to increased sales. Not to mention the drip feed effect of encouraging people to stay invested by buying toy 1 and feeling pressured to buy toys 2 through 5 has a proven track record of working well.

It's nice, in theory, to desire such convenient things, but actually making such sets available relies on more ideal circumstance and companies giving up on other factors beneficial to them and other customers.

• Like Like x 3
  9. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:

Two thoughts come to mind to humor those who want boxed sets:

Would MMC announce a Battle Gaia, for example, but only as a boxed set set to sale a year from now and which requires, say, a $100 deposit to secure one?

Would MMC sell a boxed set box with maybe some other accessories but is really just one big box full of packing material as if that team was sold as a set?

I can’t imagine many people would be into that, and it definitely makes more sense for what inspired that thought, big board game boxes or extra tall box tops or bottoms to store all of game’s expansions in one big box.

Still, it’s an idea… just not an especially good one. :tongue: 

10. Criggity

Criggity Well-Known Member

While I do like the idea that a box with every figure All-Built-In (get it? Eh?) would probably use less packaging than five different boxes and inserts, I understand the economics that independent businesses need to fit into.

That being said I have been terribly torn on buying the G2 crew because I never had the G2 Onslaught as a kid to complete the set, and I don't know if I'll be able to get them all quickly enough

11. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

The language used in his post had a different meaning to me, so I got that wrong.

Personally I am aware of the production and logistics that goes into production and I am in no way saying that it's easy, but I am saying that the juice can be worth the squeeze.

Apologies for misinterpreting your post and I will leave it at that before I stick my foot in my mouth again. :oops: 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

Instead of a box set, how about reissues but in boxes than can be neatly stacked together. I've always hated that the box sizes were too different, making a neat little pile impossible.

• Like Like x 2
  13. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    Put velcro flaps on them so we can have combining combiner boxes! :drool: 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autobrat Leader

Autobrat Leader Bratwurst in Disguise

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I'd buy the original or possibly a Battle Gaia recolor. But I was never enamored with the G2 colors. The only one I bought from that set was Onslaught, mostly out of nostalgia for being one of the figures that I picked up at my first, and only, Botcon back in 2007.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Traffic Cone

Traffic Cone TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    What are the odds that they do an RID Ruination or Car Robots Baldigus deco of these figures? Ruination has probably my favorite color scheme out of the many takes on G1 Bruticus

• Like Like x 3
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. GrimLocke

News Credits:
    More likely than Battle Gaia, though I'd happily buy either.

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    This is how prefer to have Vortex transformed for combined mode as well.
    Whatever colour scheme each person prefers, this set is just spectacular overall. Bruticus looks simply fantastic.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Just got an email for the G2 Box Set.

• Like Like x 1