MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. volatus

volatus .

I finished Assaultus this week and assembled him today! It's been a long journey!

Assaultus.jpg

Does anyone know where I can stash Impetus's gun when in combined mode?

• Like Like x 8
  2. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you pull down the turret on Assaultus’s back there is a panel you can flip open and store it inside. 1980640F-9C60-4599-A776-19CDE9155711.png

• Like Like x 2
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From emgo, it goes into Bruticus’ back.
    ADA156C8-1253-4D80-B259-FF0B06FB3993.jpeg

Dang it I got ninja’d :D 

• Like Like x 2
  4. volatus

volatus .

Ahh, cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Did you get that seem feeling of satisfaction when you got them fully combined?

• Like Like x 1
  6. volatus

volatus .

Yeah but not as strong as it will be when I get the upgrade kit out of my closet!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. samisham

I'm hovering over Showz waiting for it to go into stock. The difference is night and day IMO. I also thought Sunbow Bruticus looked fairly dumpy.

8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Nice hat

• Like Like x 3
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Lost in space

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you. :D 

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think the only time we've seen Hasbro's hammer come down on 3Ps is during moments of direct competition.

The first instance I think was actually for iGear's MP-03 KOs, where it seemed like Hasbro got the domestic e-tailers to not stock them. This was when official MP-03 variants were still coming out at retail.

And then, yeah, when Zeta dared to launch their Unicron in the middle of the HasLab campaign.

In both cases, the 3P figures still got released in the end. Just with a much narrower distribution window, through Asian e-tailers only.

The full-on, wrath-of-god banhammer's only come down on company's because of other intervention from more protective/litigious IP owners. TungMung (in the process of making an MPM-style Soundwave figure) got crushed by Bandai for making Digimon-based figures. And despite their prolific KO-ing of Transformers figures, the story seems to be that WeiJiang got stamped out because they were starting to produce Iron Man merchandise and thus ran afoul of Disney.

For the most part, Hasbro plays it cool with an "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy. As long as you don't go waving things under their noses and taunting them, they just casually whistle and let it slide by. The most heavy-handed they've been is at OTFCC/BotCon, where they started banning 3P product on convention grounds. But that was only once Hasbro themselves officially took over the con, and I think it was more a liability issue than anything that caused that decision. 3P wares and an officially sanctioned-and-overseen event could theoretically be seen as condoning the practice, and thus potentially exposing Hasbro themselves to legal repercussions.

11. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Not entirely how it happened.

iGear had already released all the core seekers (SS, SW & TC) plus their coneheads, and those were sold by online stores in the USA long before Hasbro acted. At that moment iGear was in the proces of expanding, releasing deco's Hasbro wouldn't do. So there was no direct competition anymore nor was Hasbro reacting because of this.

What happened was that a small (comic?) store wanted a TF exclusive and approached Hasbro, but were turned down. They then approached iGear and got their wish: a G2 Ramjet was designed and was going to be made for them. This was then reported by someone in the USA to Hasbro as a direct violation of their IP, and that meant Hasbro had to act: a company has to respond and act when informed of an IP/copyright violation and if they don't, they risk to loose their IP/copyright. And thus that particular store got Cease & Desist notifications from Hasbro lawyers and the exclusive didn't happen (iGear sold the pre-production run of it, an Acid Storm and a clear version through their own store). Aware that this happened and just to be on the safe side, online stores like TFsource and BBTS subsequently pulled all the other iGear seekers they had been selling for months from their website and sold them through e-bay.

An instance where Hasbro did act is with the EDIT replacement dino head for Fans Toys Grinder.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. samisham

The thing is the law is only as powerful as the will to enforce it, the main reason these companies still exist is because of Hasbro's "out of sight, out of mind approach" but they're always one change of management away from deciding they've had enough of their IP being jacked.

I don't think it'll happen for a while, if at all, but they did just have a CEO die so there's going to be shakeups soon that could lead to them being much more willing to take legal action in future.

• Like Like x 2
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While technically true, the biggest factor in this regard isn't so much the will, as it is the ability. Bandai and Disney have pretty decent investments in China, and can probably leverage that to throw their weight around in the otherwise IP-lax country. I don't believe Hasbro really has that luxury. They have no more clout than any other manufacturer there. So any attempt to drop the banhammer is probably just a waste of money on their part.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Leonwave

Leonwave Well-Known Member

i'm in, i've had a change of heart on my prioritys once i heard the hardware was better on incursus it really swung my opinion, sure i think there's things about this set that are not perfect, like incursus proportions assaultas is the same but when i think of all the pros and how other companys have handled there combiners i think mmc's is the right choice for me

I've always said that maketoys dirge was my personal fave piece i owned so far, but i think mmc swindle and vortex have replaced him my number 1, especially vortex i think he is really fantastic

I think going forward in the future proving the quality does not slip i think all my combiners might have to be the mmc route

15. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    Actually, the issue was not with Grinder itself, but with the replacement head!

A Hasbro rep was walking through the dealer room at the TFNation convention in August 2017. They noticed the replacement heads on sale at the Kapow stall, and told Kapow (a Hasbro stockist) that they weren’t allowed to sell it any longer. Kapow subsequently removed it from their website.

The dealer room sold a number of 3P offerings of every description, but oddly the one thing Hasbro took offence to was this dinosaur head add-on kit!

• Like Like x 1
  16. tantrum

tantrum Northwest fan

Ebay:
    no joke, i did go back and see some steps i missed on brawl, some of the instructions did not seem clear

17. Destron1

Destron1 I like turtles.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  18. velencourte

velencourte Well-Known Member

I also like Nems' playlist here; he goes over the bits of transformation you'd really wanna be careful with!
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyBvgeBl8J7jhIyotsy3OYUDqiL-kJC8c

Some other questions after a few weeks with this set:
    Really dig it; I want to put some Decepticon symbols on them! Any recommendations for design/locations?
    I see the upgrade kit's gun can fold the tip in; is it just for storage?

Super happy with these guys. Bruticus is my favorite combiner, and while I don't think I'll get Defensor I'm eager to see how the engineering has improved!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Woman on the run

News Credits:
    Looks good! I bet it feels awesome to get them altogether. I think I like them better individually posed on the shelf, but I bet that upgrade kit will be awesome to really add the finishing touches. :D 

20. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have the upgrade kit yet but it looks like it folds so Incursus can use it in a smaller mode
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4