MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Swindle already is V2, or at least 1.5. The sliding hinges etc for the chest transformation that were very stiff on the initial release seem much smoother on the last couple batches.

BlastOff----no changes made in the latest batch other than removing the bonus animation-error head. If anything ordering now would be better, as you might get a "1st batch remnant" or something.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bellivion

Bellivion Face it, We are doomed!

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, there’s no problems with my Swindle or blastoff that I received a month or so ago.

Vortex’s head popping off isn’t a drama and now that I’ve dialled in his transformation mine doesn’t pop off anymore.

He looks good in Robot mode and I reckon that’s his strongest mode by far but helicopters are tricky and there’s always going to be compromise with an all in combiner.

I’d go in. It’s a really cool set!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    Thanks for the input! You and David. I'm one of those people that would be sort of frustrated if I got a V1 and then the makers ended up making a V2. I don't know why it bugs me so much. You could release the EXACT same figure with the same parts as a V1 and I would still let it bug me! Lol To be honest, if the figure was just good quality and no major problems I think I could survive.

My Vortex doesn't seem to have a head popping problem luckily, but I don't transform it a lot. The only issue I had was one of his windows popping off, but it sticks back on without a fuss. I was sort of worried with a few aspects of transforming him, but it seems like it has stood up to the few times I've messed with it with no damages and strong plastic.

I really don't like the idea of spending $100+ on something that will get stress marks from regular transformation or even worse, snapping or paint scratching. It's just unacceptable to me. I like my stuff to be flawless (I'm unreasonable I know )

I think I'll be okay going ahead and ordering all of them. I'm sure you guys understand that $550, for 5 figures that are combiners and I want it to be a solid investment with little issues when I'm someone who is gentle with my figures. But so far, MMC seems to have very solid products.

4. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Man, even knowing he was going to be huge, I had no idea he would be this huge.

PS-14_Incursus_01.jpg

Just waiting for BBTS to receive stock of PS-17 Probus (Brawl) now!

My upgrade kit and the other 3 boys will be chillin' in the meantime.

Battletoads.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

The squad is almost all together. Now I need to find some button batteries for that LED setup...!

Assaultus_Team_-1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I'm amazed with how solid the alt mode is... And going from robot mode to truck mode involved remarkably few steps (none of them difficult or precarious, either).

Skydive: "Okay, Aerialbots! There's Onslaught! We ready for our attack run!?"
    PS-14_Incursus_A_01.jpg

Silverbolt: "Forget it! I'm not going near that thing!"
    PS-14_Incursus_A_02.jpg

Onslaught: "Swindle! Stop being lazy!"
    PS-14_Incursus_A_03.jpg

Swindle: "Hey! It's a long drive to Carbomya. Better your energon than mine..."
    PS-14_Incursus_A_04.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  7. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well tbf the altmode literally just one long brick looking truck, not gonna get anymore solid than that.

8. Magnusfan Nujevad

Magnusfan Nujevad Well-Known Member

You can offset that if you unlock the hitch.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Easterburn

Easterburn Your friendly neighborhood Digibasher

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    How do you do that? Saw a bunch of photo with it displayed like that, but it's not in the instruction afaik.

10. fury413

fury413 Well-Known Member

upload_2021-9-10_6-36-55.png
    upload_2021-9-10_6-37-21.png

• Like Like x 3
  11. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

It's hidden away in the middle of the transformation sequence. See instruction 22.

12. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Onslaught is an absolute pleasure across the board. So much so that he was on track to be my figure of the year in 2020, but then MMC also released Chromedome and Rewind LMAO.

These guys are sticking in my collection as bot-mode, but unfortunately I had to cancel the rest of the 2nd set since i'm going with the new Bruticon reissue for combined mode. Assaultus is still IMO the best looking Bruticus out there, but since now more combiners are coming out that I have on PO, I gotta take into factor the scale, specifically Bruticon, Monolith, Bastion and Superitron. The engineering on Assaultus' arms specifically are also a bit of a sore spot for me from time to time as well, but ironically enough the looks on Bruticon are kinda growing on me, while still in 2nd place IMO, to boot. Not to mention most importantly, I got my hands on a more toon-accurate head for him, unlike the head being used for the reissue being otherwise.

So i'm still getting MMC's Protectobots and keeping their Combaticons, but they're by a country mile at least the best bot modes for those 2 teams I at least have ever seen, and that's what they're staying as (while from time to time I of course will be messing with Maximus Pro and Assaultus proper, haha). Fuzz and Jocund look nice but Navigant and Incertus, while not having see them in full yet, look like absolute gems. Not to mention ol' Hot Spot, Ignis is the money shot for me. Looks fucking amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Robyn The Dragon

Robyn The Dragon Excited for Legacy Sandstorm/SS86 Springer

News Credits:
    I really like MMC Onslaught! Enjoy! :D  I think it's safe to say that MMC has really impressed me and this line sort of cemented that every piece can serve a purpose and this is what Transformers CAN be. I was a little nervous at first when I got him due to some tolerances and whatnot, but now I'm hooked.

I'll give credit where credit is definitely due. I can't wait to see Probus drop in stock. I'm hoping it's soon!

• Like Like x 2
  14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    The button is also often VERY stiff.

• Like Like x 3
  15. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I will probably alternate between the two. As you say, the robot modes look EXCELLENT. No other option comes within seven leagues of the Sunbow appearance of these guys. I have seen some kits or whatever to use the MMC limbs with the Zeta body and I'm just like, why? The Zeta combiner is second-rate in nearly every aspect. :confused: 

No kidding! I ordered Incursus in November with a December preorder date, and he arrived in July. Probus was originally slated to arrive in June. I hope he doesn't instead arrive in February :( 

Heh. YES! Behold the glorious rolling cobalt rectangle of death!

• Like Like x 1
  16. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Quite simple really. It's the most Sunbow looking option. By far.

I mean, that's what you're measuring the individual limbs by, isn't it? (which I agree with) Why would combined mode be any different? That's ignoring you also get a Bruticus that stands perfectly with the other MP Style combiners too.

Other than that, why not? Options have never been a bad thing. Throw in the UT guys instead if you really want. Or mix and match all 3 companies. The fact someone has taken time and effort to make it possible for ppl to chose is fantastic and a testament to the fandom.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  17. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

That's for certain. There are some excellent hobbyists in this fandom!

• Like Like x 2
  18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    @TigerBlade covered it perfectly.

upload_2021-9-10_16-55-1.png

See what we mean?

But personally I think it's moreso because of things other than the aesthetic. Bruticon is more in a general MP scale and offers a bit more movement than Assaultus, aside from being the best aesthetically IMO (if Zeta's new chest were a bit more in-line with MMC's and they included a head that looked just like Assaultus', it'd be a complete slam dunk) who has some limited arm articulation and is a bit smaller to the point where when put next to combiners such as Constructor, Monolith and Superitron, it could look jarring to some.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Tbf Zeta did an alternate cartoon style head:

Vu5NiBj.jpg

Not sure why they included the toy style one with the newer cartoon chest plated version. Unless they're planning a final 'perfect edition', which wouldn't surprise me considering how much they've milked that set.

• Like Like x 2
  20. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Oh yeah of course. Hell I just bought one off of TCP in anticipation for the new set, haha.

It is pretty odd why they wouldn't, though to be fair it seems they aren't able to divulge any info on either THAT or the OG Bruticon chestpiece, which I personally prefer over the new one, even though that also looks pretty good as well.

upload_2021-9-10_18-59-48.png

Guess we'll find out a bit closer to release?

• Like Like x 1