MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Destron1

Destron1 dalianjj's new account.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All fixed and the gang's finally together.

The leg was incorrectly assembled. One of the thin panels was above the slot it was supposed to go into, thus not leaving enough room for the leg to slide in the opening.

I'll combine and test the reissue joints tomorrow. 20210513_133520.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pantsforming on combiners are great. Adds more stability to the combiner.

But these guys with the upgrade kit are really stable as well for OP's question.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Pantsforming is the worst. Just say no to pants. Be like Pooh.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. Pants supremacy (in absense of all-in-one or less than 6 teamed combiners).

5. Lord Mechatron

Lord Mechatron Supreme Commander

Instagram:
    Be like Pooh...lol. I've felt the same but that Zeta Superion is growing on me despite the pants forming. On topic though, I can't wait till @Destron1 test out the combine mode on Onslaught 2.0 to see if the legs have stronger ratchets. If they do, I'm definitely going to send a email out to MMC's customer service department to see if they can ship me those parts. Makes no sense to me to repurchase this figure over that but I will say though, I have the urge to buy another simply for the alt mode lol

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm glad you took the time to take a picture of the shipping box. I would never have believed you got it if you didn't.

Yes, that was sarcasm. I don't do blue text.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lord Mechatron

Instagram:
    I just checked on TFsource website. WOW, they're selling the upgrade kit for $100 now..SMH, I bought the same kit from them last year for $55. I wonder what's the reason for the upcharge.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrutiKing

BrutiKing M O I S T

News Credits:
    munnies.... probably.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    Yeah, fuck TFSOURCE. They're the only NA source for Maketoys Acid Storm and it's only been out for a bit and they've already jacked the price up by $70. Just because.

• Like Like x 1
  10. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I posted a month or two ago how the upgrade set was getting hard to find, and quick ordered the last one I could find that was still at normal price. It pretty much vanished right after that, and now there's just the last few $$$$ ones left.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lord Mechatron

Instagram:
    Bro!!!! Tell me about it. I had that fxxin preorder for $150 and my silly self said "eehhhh, maybe I don't need that. I can use that money for something better, plus I already have Starscream and Dirge, I don't think he's going to fit in the collection anyway".........I canceled my preorder like 2 months ago only to see this thing finally get released and now I want it. When I decided to buy it, a whole week didn't even past since release and they jack the price from $150 to 200. I happen to go on there last week and now it's at $220..... completely turned me off.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lord Mechatron

Instagram:
    Noticing that too. Seems like they didn't make too many of them. It's weird that they are reissuing the other figures but not the upgrade kit? Interesting

13. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

I don't know but I'm glad as hell I got the last one off BBTS for $55 earlier this year, along with T30 Windblade at a big discount. My first order from them--what a value!

Upg.jpg

I'm sad to say I've had to take a screwdriver to my MMC Volatus and MMC Impetus. On Impetus, the combiner fist was attached backward so I had to disassemble the hand and attach it correctly. On Volatus, they somehow assembled the figure into robot mode with some of the feet parts superimposed above the parts they're supposed to be behind and it couldn't be fixed without disassembly, or I was probably going to break part of his tail. These were both part of the late 2020\2021 reissue. It seems MMC's factory is suffering in both speed and quality. Impetus also arrived with one of his side-view mirrors damaged and loose in the package--and the package window had detached from the box due to glue deterioration. So I'm super lucky that mirror was not lost. I removed both of them and put them in my safe, long-term storage for tiny parts like Matrices of Leadership and Energon Goodie Dispensers.

My MMC Fraudo, however, was totally stellar and excellent. God I love this figure. Maybe it's because I'm Italian so I really identify with Swindle, but it really helps that he's solid and has no QC issues and he's big, bulky, posable, and cuts a great figure. Even has the G1 Cartoon accurate tiny wheels on his shoulders! WOW! He was also a late 2020 reissue, FYI.

I've got Incursus and Probus ordered thru BBTS. Incursus was supposed to arrive in December along with Impetus, but as you all may be aware we got Impetus thru BBTS in March. No word yet on Incursus. Fraudo arrived right on schedule and in great condition... Probus is "due" in June, but I'm not expecting to see him before Christmas.

Thanks for the pics! Wow, look at that sprue removal gouge. My Volatus has quite a few of those, too. The other two I own are in better shape in that respect. Did you get the leg mechanism sorted out yet?

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  14. Destron1

News Credits:
    Ebay:

15. ProductivePerson

ProductivePerson Member

Haven't checked on this thread in a while. Did we ever find out if the re-issue Incursus actually has stronger legs over the original release? I love my set but the original release legs really are weaker than desired.

16. Destron1

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Will test tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

This is the thing that has really irked me regarding this set. Why would you, as a company, decide to reissue all of the figures required to make the combiner and not reissue the upgrade you made available the first time? It is forcing those of us that have decided to purchase these reissues to consider aftermarket prices for the last piece of the puzzle. Heck, there is no more consideration on my part. I waited and waited for MMC to rerelease the upgrade kit and all it did was drive the prices of existing units up. I had to pay TFSUCK their exorbitant asking price since it seemed like MMC had no interest in letting me enjoy the option they provided to the first set of customers.

18. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

Or they may just not have factory time for it YET, and decided not to say anthing since there's no eta.

19. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

If they had any intention to make more that would be helpful information to new consumers. Maintaining silence as stock dwindles and aftermarket prices rise doesn't help their customers. I could see how it helps their retail partners, but if that is their priority then it doesn't say anything positive about them as a company.

20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Some are stable others not so much. Pantsforming only reduces cost and complexity.

• Like Like x 3