MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Oh wait, do you mean normal brown and purple Blastoff?

2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I was referring to the white one, maybe if the black parts were brown and a bit more of orange here and there it would look better imo.

3. XBurner071

XBurner071 Burn Baby Burn!

News Credits:
    I thought G2 was next or is this just a Ruination render for Assaultus?

4. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    it was a mockup I did to get an idea of how the scheme would look on the set using an existing assaultus photo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

Ruination has like a 5% chance of happening because g1, but it's a pretty cool digibash.

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'm equally good with Baldigus, Ruination, or G2, because all three of them have a black-headed Onslaught.

7. RED342

RED342 stoner sunshine

Does anyone have a picture of this thing staying by a earthrise seeker

8. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I'm torn on whether I want MMC to attempt Superion or Menasor. I have Zeta's Superion, which I'm pretty happy with and I'm in on FT's Stunticons, which I don't see myself swapping out for an MMC version.

I have Toyworld Constructor for my Devy right now. I'd be interested in seeing an MMC Version but I also know that FT teased a silhouette, who knows when this might be released. I'm not happy with Constructor so at some point I'll be swapping this out. I just want to make sure that the next version of Devy I get is the definitive version as I really don't want to drop another $500-$700 and not be completely satisfied with my purchase.

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I would be all in on MMC Menasor. I really like what they did with Bruticus/Combaticons and I would really like to see their take on Menasor/Stunticons.

• Like Like x 3
  10. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    While I think that FT's Stunticons are some of their best work I have no qualms about swapping them out for a hypothetical MMC set. FT's stuff looks great on a shelf, but I like to handle my figures and MMC gets the engineering in a way that FT never will.

That said, while I'd love them to do Menasor, Superion, and Devastator at some point I think Abominus and Computron are begging for updates.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If MMC did the whole G1 cast the same way they did fraudo I would swap out my whole collection.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I agree with you that MMC are much easier to transform and I don't feel like I'm going to break something when I'm doing it. I have Zeta's Superion, which are fairly easy transformations as well and I don't feel the need to swap over to FT's Aerialbots for this reason. That said I'm keeping FT's Stunticons just because they look so damn good. The stunticons were always my favorite when I was a kid so I want to have the best looking versions (in my opinion).

I don't have as much emotional attachment to Abominus or Computron. I kind of dropped off watching the 3rd season when I was younger so they aren't a huge priority for me personally. I just want someone to make a good G1, toon accurate Devastator. This is the one bugging me the most as we really only have Toyworld and this set isn't perfect. It's crazy that we have three Menasors, two Superions, two Bruticus', and two announced Defensors, but really only one Devy (that's somewhat toon accurate, I know there are other versions out there) and nothing announced for the future.

• Like Like x 3
  13. mrspingly

mrspingly Well-Known Member

The MMC Combaticons are an absolute joy. They are the modern figures that have most brought back the actual glee of childhood. Other figures have perhaps been more impressive, more complicated, more nostalgia-inducing, but these MMCs just have a certain something that I love. I would likely also swap outmost figures if they did them like these!

• Like Like x 2
  14. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same. Though when push comes to shove, i'd go with the Aerialbots. For I haven't really seen a happy medium for them.

Fans Toys' looks fantastic, but lacks articulation to a mild degree (Air Raid's lack of waist swivel, the entire team's single hinged elbows and knees, etc). While Zeta's are more of the polar opposite. Not to say that they look bad, they don't, but some choices that they made are some that I think could have been better done otherwise.

Also since this is coming after MMC's Bruticus, I think that they can integrate the All-In-One aspect to a bit of a better and more refined degree.

Though there are a few things I hope they can do this time around and in the future with the combiners (and the later Ocular Max releases as well in some cases if not all) that I think would be for the better.

- I mention paint not to say that they need to be dolled up in every nook and cranny, no, but I think a bit more on the individual bots than what the Combaticons got (aside from parts that would most likely need to be to begin with like Skydive's lightning bolt, etc) would help them stand out a bit more

- These guys aren't all masks and visors (except for Fireflight), I think a couple extra faces in comparison to than what Swindle got would be beneficial as well. On top of that, if MMC would start painting inside the mouths, since if you ask me, the lack of it kinda looks off (see the comparison between Saltus' and my rough Saltus edit below).

upload_2021-2-14_16-56-29.png upload_2021-2-14_16-56-13.png

15. PrimeProblem

PrimeProblem Well-Known Member

Playability is such an underrated element in the 3P world

• Like Like x 16
  16. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

I am pretty much counting on MMC to do their takes of Menasor and Superion in order to complete the Big Four to my satisfaction. I actually kind of like a degree of height variance between gestalts, and can attest to size not being a serious issue when displayed correctly (this is of course subjective). If nothing else, Defensor and Bruticus going at it in one section of my display is not seriously affected by FT Omega Supreme and TW Devy duking it out in another area...

As noted I do have TW Devastator and prefer him towering over the other combiners, and could maybe rationalize the same Zeta's version of Superion if need be; none of the current Menasor's really work for what I am looking for though, all are too tall (I like the TFM gestalt and do not mind him being a tad short comparatively, but he's a little two stylized for what I am going for). I would also perhaps be okay with a different/larger height Computron, as I can rationalize (and appreciate) the size difference. Same for Abominus.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why I'll be there virtually day one for MMC product, no questions asked, while for everybody else I may need to weigh options and scrutinize a bit harder.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Most MP collectors rarely transform their figures, maybe that's why.

19. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We call those people boring.

• Like Like x 7
  20. PrimeProblem

PrimeProblem Well-Known Member

the blue txt was completely unneeded :) 

• Like Like x 5