MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Rogerimus

Rogerimus Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah ! How to end a hard working week ... by learning that my set will be finally completed. Volatus & Probus to arrive soon

VE-RY EX-CI-TED !!

• Like Like x 3
  2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Lot of people saying this. The individual modes are great, and I fully intended this set to be my uncombined MP Combaticons, too. After all, Assaultus is short compared to ToyWorld/Zeta/Fans Toys/XTB/DX9's combiners, and I already have Zeta Bruticus. But I can't get over how good Assaultus looks combined. I spent a day or two messing around with Probus, combined the team, and they've been posed on top of a detolf ever since.

• Like Like x 4
  3. nomolos

nomolos Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll do it at some point, but I want Starscreams brigade. Although when i look at the pictures I can actually hear them going "UUUURRRR" like they did that first time they combined.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    They look great! I usually don't like the ones that have a silver outline.

So... What is the problem with Assaultus belly?

5. nomolos

I was talking about Onslaughts belly but I don't know if that's what you're referencing.

6. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Not sure about $30, but there's been price increases of $10-20 for sure. I got not-Swindle, Vortex, and Blast Off for $100 at Tfsource, they're all $20 more each now. Incursus is also $20 more than I paid for him, too. Probus started out at $110, now he's $120 (yes I round a penny up).
    Glad I got them when I did!

• Like Like x 2
  7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yeah, what's wrong?

8. nomolos

[​IMG]

Where that central bottom plate is with the symbol on it, incursus has an indent with 2 pegs. Like I said nothing major, but it's front and center to the bot.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Craigmcgowan1984

Craigmcgowan1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm the same as you would of been better if that bit was on him, MMC used it in their box art images of him but it wasn't in the design, which was the only let down with incursus look for me.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

I wanted to see what CW Bruticus looked like next to Assaultus, and now I can pack it away and never have to do that again if I can help it. 0A51B612-A5C9-41F8-AC97-1A4A53E305BF.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Diesel

Diesel The Legendary Super Saiyan

You and me both, brother. I've ALWAYS loved the Combaticons. G1 Onslaught was one of my favorite toys as a kid. I've always loved Swindle and his arm cannon in the cartoon. Now I have an awesome show-accurate Swindle and basically a Masterpiece Onslaught that is based more on the toy.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Diesel

Man, I thought that CW Bruticus looked awful when I had it, but seeing it next to the MMC Bruticus puts it in a whole new category of terrible. If my eyes could puke they would.

• Like Like x 3
  13. TFC201482

TFC201482 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got my Probus and upgrade kit in yesterday! Man, Probus is weighty for sure! Didn't expect him to be as heavy as he is. Pictures don't do him any justice. He looks pretty good next to all the other figures. I was pretty excited to mess around with him and get him into each of his different modes. Tracking shows that I'll have Incursus on Monday, excited for that. My limbs will finally have a body to connect to! :)  Placed an order through Amazon for some batteries. Of course they have to take a week, lol. That's fine. The light up feature can wait. Just excited to almost be done with collecting the team!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Diesel

Hey dude, wish I would have known you needed batteries. I could have pointed you to some of these dudes on eBay. They have sleeves of these odd watch battery sizes on for cheap, plus they ship smokin' fast as well.

My Probus should be here next week as well. Can't wait for that stuff! Dude, you're going to LOVE Incursus. He is a beast as well. A very solid figure. I gotta say. I've been using this Nemesis dude on youtube for all the transformation videos on these guys. Check him out:

• Like Like x 1
  15. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Haha! That's funny cause I was just watching this video yesterday for Incursus! I appreciate the recommendation tho. Maybe next time I'll reach out and ask about battery recommendations prior to just buying. Thanks tho!

16. Diesel

Your welcome. Just trying to help. I got these for my Incursus because I couldn't find any stores around here that carry that weird size.

1-10 Pack AG9 394A 394 SR936SW LR936 LR45 SR45 SR93 Alkaline Watch Battery USA | eBay

That Nemesis dude does great transformation videos. I haven't attempted any of my MMC Combaticons without watching his videos.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Oh shit :v

• Like Like x 3
  18. TFC201482

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good reviews my good man! They're worth the watch! Thanks for taking the time to make them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    So I unpackaged Volatus/BlastOff today and took him to alt mode and back. First impression is that I still don't like the glossy jet black color they chose. Never liked it when I saw it in the proto pics as I think it kind of emphasizes the busy-ness of the various folding panels, joints and screw/peg holes on the figure because of how the light hits it. For how well they colored the rest of the team, I think they *just* missed it here. Would have much preferred a charcoal gray like in the character art of the included trading card. For all the problems the Unique Toys Blast Off has, I think they got the color right. Give that color palette to this figure and I'm set.

Otherwise the proportions are good. The skinniness of the arms I've seen in pictures feels fine in hand. The transformation is good and typical of the rest of the set. The figure is HEAVY though, and I'm still trying to pinpoint which part of it is that dense because it doesn't look like it needs to be that heavy. I'm thinking it's the thigh assembly, which I guess needs the strength for the elbow of the arm mode?

Still haven't gone to combined mode yet for the now completed team. Saving that for the weekend. I will say again how I'm finding the individual bot modes of the MMC set to be the highlight of my experience. Brawl exceeded my expectations and set a standard for that character's MP representation, imo. Vortex is undeniably Vortex. Swindle's color deco is perfect. Onslaught's proportions suffer the most because of the all-in-one gimmick, but he's probably the most fun and easiest of the crew to take through all modes. And BlastOff's deco is the only issue I really have with that figure.

• Like Like x 2
  20. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    You have a BlastOff that is actually black, and not navy blue?