MMC OX Assaultus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Devastator21, Sep 30, 2017.

1. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

I think they are working on Defensor (Protectabots) next. They scrapped the initial designs and are reworking them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Magna Jet Convoy

Magna Jet Convoy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be fussed if the mini Shockwave couldn't transform out of Space Gun mode, I just think it would complete the set nicely to include him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I believe he meant after the Protectobots, which are confirmed to be the next combiner team.

4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    When this is all done, I really want to see someone's holding an MP Laserwave.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

I forgot how much I loved this figure, I left him sitting on the shelf for like six months and recently rediscovered him:
    Swindle2.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. FightingRooster

FightingRooster Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I asked this here before so forgive me but does these have die cast?

7. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Don't worry and regarding your question, no, they don't and that's a good thing.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Magna Jet Convoy

When this team is released in full, MMC have GOT to go back and do a repaint in the same colours as Car Robots (TF2000) "Baldigus". That was a great colour scheme, especially Brawl. I'm sure the design team would be able to do the hand weapons merge/combo that Baldigus toted.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That’s a question we’ve pondered a while. Since there’s only about 3 redecos to do. Baldigus, Battle Gaia, and of course G2. But because of the sheer cost and benefit that comes from their alternate versions, it’s kinda expected that we’ll only get one.

My hopes is for Battle Gaia personally, but they’re all really nice.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Magna Jet Convoy

The Hasbro version of Baldigus was slightly different in colour to Takara's. Well, Onslaught/Dolrailer was for sure. Then Hasbro released a gift set in Urban Camo colours - I think - or maybe it was proposed but didn't happen... Not sure.... The merging handguns was a nice way of bumping up his firepower in combined form. Not one gun was left out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro released Ruination the three different colours. There was original RiD set, on individual cards (recoloured for some reason with all the gold combiner pieces changed to dark grey, and the Armorhide in a blue-grey scheme instead of the original tan), and then later two boxed sets: one in the unified "urban camo" colour palette, and then the later "desert tiger" colours under the "Universe" banner. Both of those were store exclusives, IIRC. I think it may have been Target for Urban and Wal-Mart for Desert.

The one wrinkle with releasing this set in Baldigus/Ruination colours is that those characters were animated as being toy-accurate (well, as toy-accurate as can be while giving them proper proportions, and things like elbows and shit), while most of these toys are G1 animation accurate instead, with differences ranging from relatively minor (Vortex and Brawl are close-enough. Blast-Off has some oddities with his animation model, but still recognizable), to just completely different (Swindle). So it wouldn't be the best 1:1 translation, and some of the necessary remolds to make that happen don't seem possible. So you'd probably have to settle for an inaccurate Destronger/Commando team.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  12. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    That is the main issue. Although I’ve been screwing with my Fraudo and if they changed the assembly slightly, and I think this was a potential design concept, you could recreate the toy chest since it’s also the same piece that shows on the leg, as did the original.
    406A53E2-8F98-4267-8963-582398488706.jpeg
    upload_2020-5-6_13-38-18.jpeg
    I agree it’s a hard one to do, but I can definitely see it.

• Like Like x 6
  13. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I said it before, but I sincerely hope MMC goes all out with a Battle Gaia redeco. And it makes sense as well: Takara paved the way with their recent Battlestars homages (and MMC's got their own Star Convoy coming); it's the the very first redecoed Bruticus, yet it's the only* one we haven't gotten an update from yet (3p or official); Defensor is in the pipeline as well, meaning they could compliment Battle Gaia with a Guard City later on; and lastly, MMC can do wonders with colors so imagine how good this guy's going to look, especially since they needn't be beholden to 'the toon'. So they can take some liberty and add some nice details to the set (maybe they'd need to alter Brawl's color a bit as well to differentiate him from Blast Off, e.g. by making him yellow like in the story pages).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* with a fictional appearance that is

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  14. PadForce

PadForce Well-Known Member

God, I have such a rose tinted memory of my G1 toys! Every time i see a picture of them now I am like "were they really that bad?!?"

• Like Like x 5
  15. Magna Jet Convoy

This pic's just reminded me of something: Has anyone queried with MMC if Brawl/Probus can be rotated in leg mode? That is, can he be connected with the tank turret as left kneecap or in reverse, as this pic of Baldigus has him?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Magna Jet Convoy

YVK2000, did that tech spec artwork of Battle Gaia come from Botch's site? Man Botch did/does an amazing job with restoring tech spec artwork...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I would be incredibly tempted if they did baldigus colors

• Like Like x 1
  18. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I took it from Soundwave’s Oblivion.

• Like Like x 1
  19. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i have had a few friends come into my flat look at my mp collection and proceed to tell me which ones they had as a child and when i said they didn't have these exact ones they all argued back that they did have them and they looked exactly like that until i showed them what the actual g1 toys looked like then they all looked shocked and baffled that they remembered them wrong :lol  the power of a childs imagination that effects your adult memory :) 

• Like Like x 10
  20. Magna Jet Convoy

Love it! LOL. Particularly how little articulation they had in robot mode! LOL

• Like Like x 1